Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jeezopete said:

image.jpeg.ecaba33bc3990dd5ad6b9f93f072f571.jpeg

funny, but I did have to "fact check" that.......

WWW.USATODAY.COM

An old ad at the airport in Salzburg, Austria, is misrepresented as proof it has a help desk for people who meant to go to Australia. It doesn't.

3 minutes ago, azdr0710 said:

funny, but I did have to "fact check" that.......

LOL, I almost checked it too.
I thought there can’t be that many people making a huge mistake like that. Then I remembered seeing a comedian doing a stand up routine about a conversation she had with a woman in an airport. The woman said she was flying to Washington & when the comic asked, “The state or DC?” the woman just looked confused and said, “Oh, I don’t know.”

3 hours ago, jeezopete said:

LOL, I almost checked it too.
I thought there can’t be that many people making a huge mistake like that. Then I remembered seeing a comedian doing a stand up routine about a conversation she had with a woman in an airport. The woman said she was flying to Washington & when the comic asked, “The state or DC?” the woman just looked confused and said, “Oh, I don’t know.”

True story:  pre-Internet era, I was in line at the Tampa Airport rent-a-car when a guy asked how far to Fort Lauderdale, about 30 minutes?  His secretary had booked the flight to Tampa because flying into Tampa was a lot cheaper and according to the secretary, Fort Lauderdale was "right next door."

All of us within earshot just looked at each other like, "uh, who's gonna tell him?"  Finally a woman broke the bad news, that Fort Lauderdale was a 4-hour drive, more with traffic.

OK, not as bad as ending up in Austria when you meant to go to Australia, but the pissed-off look on the guy's face was priceless.