Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, jeezopete said:

image.jpeg.e7858f0859c73b1b3bf9c4be7d4584d7.jpeg

Dude, seriously.  The other day for 7 minutes someone was in the only stall accessible without a key in my dentist's building.  And I was standing right next to the stall, shoes visible, saying to the three or four people who came in "I'm just waiting for the stall, urinal is yours."  Eventually, I said out loud, "You can check instagram at work like everyone else.  Stop being so self-entitled"* (then I used the R word; I've gotten better and I'm really working on stopping that, I'm almost there. I absolutely agree that it is a very bad word regardless of how often we in the Midwest, and on the East Coast, I've heard, used to use it.).  He did not look happy when he got out, quickly after.

*Recently, I heard that "Self-entitled" is triggering because it's the "go-to" insult in Gen-X's quiver when arguing with Gen Y and Zillenials.  That one I'm hanging on to.  If it makes any difference, I use it against older and old people too.

Edited by Rod Hagen

1 hour ago, Rod Hagen said:

Dude, seriously.  The other day for 7 minutes someone was in the only stall accessible without a key in my dentist's building.  And I was standing right next to the stall, shoes visible, saying to the three or four people who came in "I'm just waiting for the stall, urinal is yours."  Eventually, I said out loud, "You can check instagram at work like everyone else.  Stop being so self-entitled"* (then I used the R word; I've gotten better and I'm really working on stopping that, I'm almost there. I absolutely agree that it is a very bad word regardless of how often we in the Midwest, and on the East Coast, I've heard, used to use it.).  He did not look happy when he got out, quickly after.

*Recently, I heard that "Self-entitled" is triggering because it's the "go-to" insult in Gen-X's quiver when arguing with Gen Y and Zillenials.  That one I'm hanging on to.  If it makes any difference, I use it against older and old people too.

I've tried, but I can't think what the "r" word could be.....I'm not from the Midwest or east coast.......can you help me out?!

3 hours ago, nycman said:

Rigger?

Raggot?

Resbian?

Ruck?

I’m lost. 

Well, if I say it, I'll get another fucking stupid mark on my profile, so....nope.  Back to the funnies!  It is Friday, after all.

Edited by Rod Hagen

17 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

scrolling around youtube, found this classic.......a genius

I heard that at one of his stand up shows he read from a long book, Moby Dick maybe, and after 30 minutes or so he asked the audience if they'd like to continue hearing him read, or if they'd like him to play a record he brought along. Desperate, the audience voted for the record.  He put it on....and it was a recording of him reading the same book from the exact spot he'd paused reading live. 

Of course he then left it playing, standing next to the player, holding his book not saying anything at all, for another 30 minutes or so. Then the show was over and he walked off after bowing, presumably.  I don't know if this story is apocryphal, but it tracks and it's also quite amazing.  As an experience for the audience, it's horrible because they are there, they are paying, to see a comic, and it's not funny.  But as art, as a story to tell afterward, it's quite something.

On 3/8/2024 at 4:40 PM, azdr0710 said:

I've tried, but I can't think what the "r" word could be.....I'm not from the Midwest or east coast.......can you help me out?!

Reprobate

Yes, that’s the word, but reprobate works too. I use the other “r” word a lot; in fairness, though, it does have a legitimate meaning, and there are many other words that end in “tard”, e.g., “bastard“.