Oprah's out at WW after disclosing she took weight-loss meds

Ali Gator

Oprah Winfrey is parting ways with Weight Watchers after nearly 10 years on the company’s board of directors.

The company says that Winfrey told the board this week that she would not stand for reelection at the company’s next annual meeting, set for May 9. Winfrey has been a board member and a public face for Weight Watchers since 2015.

The company says that Winfrey will still continue to work as a public advocate on behalf of weight health and obesity issues, including co-hosting an event together in May. It also says that Winfrey will donate all her shares in the company to the National Museum of African American History and Culture.

Winfrey disclosed in December that she was using a prescription drug to manage her weight. According to the terms of her agreement with Weight Watchers, “Winfrey will not grant anyone but the Company the right to use her name, image, likeness or endorsement for or in connection with any other weight loss or weight management programs during the Strategic Term, and she will not engage in any other weight loss or weight management business, program, products, or services during the Strategic Term and for one year thereafter.”

WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

Winfrey will donate all her shares in the company to the National Museum of African American History and Culture "to eliminate any perceived conflict of...

WW bought a telehealth company last year and are now offering GLP1s. She would be the perfect spokeswoman. I wonder what she has up her sleeve.

WWW.CNN.COM

WeightWatchers on Thursday launched a new telehealth clinic that will allow customers to receive GLP-1 weight loss prescriptions drugs like Ozempic and Wegovy...

Edited by FreshFluff

On 3/1/2024 at 7:30 AM, Ali Gator said:

10 years from now,  I wonder what the fall-out will be with all this GLP1 weight loss methods. Remember when Phen-Phen was the 'go to weight loss drug' in the 1990s ? 

Let’s talk about Ayds… what brought them down, I wonder…?

Considering she didn't use the product for weight loss, she used Ozempic, it's obvious why they would dump her as a spokeswoman. Oprah has almost always been morbidly Obese. Hardly appropriate for weight watchers don't you think?!

These useless yo-yo diets give women an excuse to buy new wardrobes every other year. The rag trade is in on it.

This should be the least of Oprah's worries. She should be desperately seeking forgiveness and trying to atone for bringing a bunch of charlatans on her show to "determine" whether or not one needs Jesus to get into Heaven. And that miracle facial rejuvenating cream she was promoting a few years back that was made from discarded babies foreskin.

Oprah Winfrey has long been a liar, fraud, and a con.

BTC

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

2 hours ago, Ali Gator said:

Don't remember them. What can you tell us about them ? 

Being snarky in my question.

Ayds

It was a lo-cal candy-like snack meant to fill you up ahead of meals. They were around thru the late 70’s, regular TV/print ads. No idea how/if they worked.

When GRID (Gay-Related Immune Deficiency) became known as AIDS, their brand was over. https://biotech.law.lsu.edu/books/lbb/x590.htm#:~:text=There was some controversy over,of the more neutral AIDS.

Weight-loss miracles will always make a fortune for investors until the next one shows up. Or the name becomes associated with icky things.

OT, but I remember seeing Oprah briefly in Balboa Park in August 2000 after the America’s Finest City Half-Marathon. I had long finished it and was hanging around post-run with some friends when we saw her trudging to the finish line accompanied by several SDPD police cars.I was impressed that she at least finished.

Edited by Pensant

lol they won’t wait 10 years to begin filing class actions; they’ll just read the label of possible side effects and begin filing (wouldn’t be surprised to see them surface in the next few months)

WeightWatchers Plunges on Oprah Winfrey’s Board Departure

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

WW International Inc. shares plunged after Oprah Winfrey said she’s preparing to leave its board, the latest blow to the obesity-focused company that’s struggling to stay...

Just shows how low the intellect of people who are using Weight Watchers products…why her presence is relevant one way or another…
Bozo knows how Oprah could lose 15 lbs of ugly fat in seconds. She could have her head chopped off. 

BTC

20 hours ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

WW International Inc. shares plunged after Oprah Winfrey said she’s preparing to leave its board, the latest blow to the obesity-focused company that’s struggling to stay...

Just shows how low the intellect of people who are using Weight Watchers products…why her presence is relevant one way or another…
Bozo knows how Oprah could lose 15 lbs of ugly fat in seconds. She could have her head chopped off. 

BTC

(Without reading the article) there are two groups of people involved. WW customers would indeed be ill-advised to base their use of the company's products on whether she was on the board. (I wouldn't dream of saying 'stupid'.) In contrast, shareholders would be sensible to sell in anticipation of the stup, i mean irrational response of customers.

On 3/3/2024 at 2:50 PM, augustus said:

I've heard meth is also a weight loss drug. Omethic.

if you go the poorest and most God fearing parts of the country you'll see folks who are either obese or on meth. Few in between! 

On 3/3/2024 at 12:04 AM, BOZO T CLOWN said:

Considering she didn't use the product for weight loss, she used Ozempic, it's obvious why they would dump her as a spokeswoman. Oprah has almost always been morbidly Obese. Hardly appropriate for weight watchers don't you think?!

These useless yo-yo diets give women an excuse to buy new wardrobes every other year. The rag trade is in on it.

This should be the least of Oprah's worries. She should be desperately seeking forgiveness and trying to atone for bringing a bunch of charlatans on her show to "determine" whether or not one needs Jesus to get into Heaven. And that miracle facial rejuvenating cream she was promoting a few years back that was made from discarded babies foreskin.

Oprah Winfrey has long been a liar, fraud, and a con.

BTC

Morbidly obese... 

On 3/7/2024 at 7:52 AM, BOZO T CLOWN said:

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

BTC

I would suggest instead an "internment camp" where folks are forced to exercise and eat healthy for a few months, I guarantee you they'll shed a few pounds. 

On 3/3/2024 at 1:48 PM, augustus said:

I remember them.  My mother used them when I was in grammar school.  

My mom used them as well. She gave up when everyone in the family would help themselves to them.  The tasted like little caramels. At least she had her Tab soda to help. 

On 3/3/2024 at 10:53 AM, Ali Gator said:

Thanks - I don't recall Ayds at all, not even in print ads or commercials. 

They would do full-page ads in the Sunday supplement of the newspaper - personal testimonies about the heartache and misery of trying over and over to lose weight and failing - YET AGAIN, until they discoverd Ayds.

On 3/3/2024 at 11:52 AM, augustus said:

Remember when she was supporting being fat as being a good thing. What happened to "Body positivity" Oprah?

I think she's heroic - she has been a willing poster child for all the gyrations that someone with a chronic weight problem can experience in struggling to somehow live with themselves.

Oprah to Tackle Ozempic Craze in ABC Special: “A Very Personal Topic For Me”

Oprah Winfrey returns to primetime to explore weight-loss injectables. The media mogul recently stepped down from the WeightWatchers board of directors after...

So after violating her terms of agreement with Weight Watchers, who compensated her very handsomely to be its spokesperson, Oprah was forced to resign from the BOD. And now she is pushing Ozempic with an ABC prime time special. Bozo wonders how much $$$ Oprah is getting paid to push the injectable drug...

How many times has Oprah Winfrey arrogantly trotted her newly slim body in front of America and shared ‘how you too, can become slim.’ Bozo has no doubt that she's being paid big $$$ to push Ozempic. She's a hideous role model.”
And any human being that takes weight loss advice from Oprah should be institutionalized.

BTC

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

3 hours ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

Oprah to Tackle Ozempic Craze in ABC Special: “A Very Personal Topic For Me”

Oprah Winfrey returns to primetime to explore weight-loss injectables. The media mogul recently stepped down from the WeightWatchers board of directors after...

So after violating her terms of agreement with Weight Watchers, who compensated her very handsomely to be its spokesperson, Oprah was forced to resign from the BOD. And now she is pushing Ozempic with an ABC prime time special. Bozo wonders how much $$$ Oprah is getting paid to push the injectable drug...

How many times has Oprah Winfrey arrogantly trotted her newly slim body in front of America and shared ‘how you too, can become slim.’ Bozo has no doubt that she's being paid big $$$ to push Ozempic. She's a hideous role model.”
And any human being that takes weight loss advice from Oprah should be institutionalized.

BTC

How much money has Oprah donated to worthy causes?