Oprah's out at WW after disclosing she took weight-loss meds

Ali Gator

13 hours ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

Bozo has no doubt that she's being paid big $$$ to push Ozempic.

Thats a bit cynical. Oprah is a billionaire. She doesn’t need more money, and has explicitly stated that money is not a main motivating factor for her. 

Oprah promotes many things. She’s in the business of promoting things. She tries to pick things that she feels can help people. Weight Watchers was an example. Now there’s something new that has helped her and she’s talking about that.

By the way in answer to what she has given away, about 20% ($400M)  of her net worth. Can anyone here say that they’ve given away 20% of everything? Gifting to providers doesn’t count.  😂 

2 hours ago, Bokomaru said:

By the way in answer to what she has given away, about 20% ($400M)  of her net worth. Can anyone here say that they’ve given away 20% of everything? Gifting to providers doesn’t count.  😂 

Really? Are you Oprah's personal tax preparer? Have you seen her tax returns? If not, where do you get your information from? Her elitist friends? The Hollywood rags that fawn all over her?
Even if Oprah gave away one billion she would be left with more money than any of us could ever imagine and more than she could ever spend. Her 2 billion at current 4% rates gets her 80 million per year or over 200k per day!

Do you remember the backlash she faced last year when she and Dwayne Johnson, aka "The Rock", asked people who live paycheck-to-paycheck to donate money to THEIR fund (not the one already set up by the Red Cross) to help the Maui wildfire victims, and they contributed almost nothing themselves, despite having a combined net worth of almost 3 billion dollars? 

WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

The celebrities asked for donations to their Maui fund, but were flooded with comments asking why they couldn't use more of their own money instead.

Oprah owns almost 20,000 acres in Maui. She hired Maui firefighters to guard her Maui compounds while Lahaina burned to the ground.
Oprah is a fraud and a charlatan. And she plays the race card very successfully when confronted with her her duplicity.

BTC

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

I’ve never been a fan; find I can’t tell whether she’s interviewing her guests or herself; she talks more about herself in every one of them. And I don’t subscribe to any of her people or product endorsements; she’s made many bad calls over the years. But, I don’t fault her for making her fortune, and don’t believe she’s any more or less hypocritical than anyone else in the public spotlight. It’s funny the opinions we form of public figures; though we’re certainly entitled to do so, we really know nothing about them personally.

10 hours ago, Bokomaru said:

By the way in answer to what she has given away, about 20% ($400M)  of her net worth.

Like @BOZO T CLOWN, I question the $400 million total given (net worth $2.8 billion, btw).  In any case, whenever Oprah gives even a dime to charity, she makes sure the whole damn world knows it, which reaps great financial benefits for her production company in general as well as each individual project.  Plus each & every donation sparks the entire entertainment industry as well as the so-called news media into an orgy of Oprah-worship.  No matter how much the sh*t-for-brains sheep worship their Saint Oprah, I will always see her as just another Hollywood narcissist.

As for Ozempic, it's incredibly expensive, has some scary side effects, and once you go off it, you gain all the weight back.  But all Saint Oprah cares about is another fat check.

Edited by BSR
Added a sentence

1 hour ago, BSR said:

Like @BOZO T CLOWN, I question the $400 million total given (net worth $2.8 billion, btw).  In any case, whenever Oprah gives even a dime to charity, she makes sure the whole damn world knows it, which reaps great financial benefits for her production company in general as well as each individual project.  Plus each & every donation sparks the entire entertainment industry as well as the so-called news media into an orgy of Oprah-worship.  No matter how much the sh*t-for-brains sheep worship their Saint Oprah, I will always see her as just another Hollywood narcissist.

As for Ozempic, it's incredibly expensive, has some scary side effects, and once you go off it, you gain all the weight back.  But all Saint Oprah cares about is another fat check.

At least she actually gives to charity her own money unlike other reality TV stars turned cult leaders/influencers.

Back to subject the most dangerous thing about Oprah now is that SHE is a victim of genetics.... Lifestyle and food have nothing to do with her gaining of losing weight!

Is taking a pill is now the solution for everything? 

How many folks now will give up and say there's nothing they can do about it and surrender to obesity, diabetes, etc. 

Even if she actually believes that she shouldn't be saying it considering all the damage she'll do.

Edited by marylander1940

12 hours ago, Bokomaru said:

That's an absurd comparison. If I were a member of the Billionaires Boy Club, I wouldn't mind donating 20% of my wealth to charity.

Even if she's not a paid endorser of Ozempic, she is going to garner a decent amount of cash and exposure from her tv infomercial (she's airing it on ABC, not PBS).

We will never know how much Oprah - or any other public figure - donates to charities. They don't always make it public, many donate anonymously.  In the long run - it's none of our business, just like how we donate and how much we donate is no one else's business. 

11 hours ago, FrankR said:

Instead of all the wild speculation, listen to Oprah’s point of view instead. 🤓

https://youtu.be/1sq_GJiGckM

I watched about 30 seconds. 
Bozo has ZERO interest to listen to Oprah explaining why she always keeps an octopus in her refrigerator. Maybe you care. 
It's just another fawning interview with softball questions designed to make her look smart and generous.  Big Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

BTC

My early memories of Oprah include her very public struggle with weight, culminating pulling out a wagon holding 67 pounds of animal fat onto her show to represent the weight she had lost.   And I think she was awesome as Sofia in the 1985 film, The Color Purple. 

But over time she seemed to become quite self-important as her influence rose.  Talking over guests on her show and lecturing everyone about what they should eat to what they should believe.  I'm glad she gives to charity, but in my opinion, the fact that she is still a billionaire means she hasn't given enough.  Giving away 20% of your worth as a billionaire, or even centimillionare, still leaves you extremely wealthy and privileged, and it's nothing to brag about.  The average worker who gives 5% is making a much bigger sacrifice, relatively speaking, and won't get millions of dollars returned to them in tax incentives for their charity.

Bozo wonders if Oprah, aka Miss Know-it-All, knows there are no studies on side effects of long-term use of those popular weight loss drugs she was promoting. Once those drugs are stopped, the weight will come right back on unless you've learned to control your appetite using your will power. Self control and moderation. Diets only work temporarily because of their restrictive menu which eventually result in cravings, leads to binging, producing a sense of failure, and ultimately depression and more binge eating.

Oprah brags about all the weight she's lost. Problem is she has lost it over and over and just gained it back. She is always telling her audience all the different ways she has lost weight, and just how great that particular diet/scam is to help them. The woman has yo-yo-yo so many times it should be embarrassing. When Weight Watchers decided to use her as a spokeswoman Bozo lost all faith and respect for them. Orca the Whale should not be a representative of Weight Watchers since she needed to turn to drugs to lose weight.

Oprah has gained and lost enough weight for a dozen people. Typical of the over-privileged.

BTC

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

On 3/9/2024 at 6:47 PM, BSR said:

At least she GIVES her own money and others follow because of her example. 

Although expensive is better than having a shorter life expectancy and a poor quality of life because of being overweight. 

It should be a personal choice and it must require some diet and responsibility 

Edited by marylander1940

On 3/4/2024 at 8:15 AM, Cash4Trash said:

Television ad in the future - "If you used Wegovy and Ozempic for weight loss in the past 10 years and suffer from ( 10 different health complications) call Farnes and Farnes today. Get the settlement you deserve! 

It didn't take that long..........

Dozens sue saying Ozempic, other weight loss and diabetes drugs cause harmful side effects (msn.com)

“The fact that there’s a medically approved prescription for managing weight and staying healthier, in my lifetime, feels like relief, like redemption, like a gift..."
            ~   Oprah Winfrey

Oprah won't think it's a gift if she abuses it, has a bad reaction to it, or we find out in 5 years that there a long-term negative effect.
It can also result in a type of stomach paralysis.. Bozo knows someone this happened to. She is losing a lot of weight because she can no longer properly digest food. These things are not a silver bullet by any stretch of the imagination.
Caveat Emptor!

Oprah failed over and over and over again to slim down until she started taking a weight loss drug! Bozo is NOT impressed!
As a filthy rich person, Oprah has had more advantages than the rest of us, and she still failed! All she had to do is to keep her big snout out of the trough, call her personal chef/dietician to make her meals, call her trainer to get her fat behind off the sofa and create a specialized work out just for her!
Fat shaming, cry me a river, she is not the only one! Hey Oprah, suck it up buttercup!

This is really an easy one. Hey Oprah, if you don't want to be fat shamed for being a human whale, put the damn fork down. Fat people, IMO, exemplify weakness of character. Being fat is totally up to the individual. You do not have to be fat, so if you choose to be fat, stop your damn whining. You have no one but yourself to blame.

There is nothing that the average American wants to hear more than a billionaire complaining about how tough their life is.... 😢

Marxism 101: When caught lying and being hypocritical, make yourself into a victim. Oprah Winfrey has made a career (and billions) from bull-s___ting people.

BTC

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

2 hours ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

There is nothing that the average American wants to hear more than a billionaire complaining about how tough their life is.... 😢

Marxism 101: When caught lying and being hypocritical, make yourself into a victim.

SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤪