Most classically handsome NYC providers

ShortCutie7

4 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Today I would sooner go for Regé-Jean Page than Chris Hemsworth but I am well aware that Regé is an example of the new idea of multicultural beauty, and not eligible.for the narrow idea of "classically handsome" as Hemsworth may be viewed.

Ranking them against each other is pointless.  They both take my breath away.  Imagine either turned into a marble sculpture.  They'd both easily meet the "Classical" (ancient Greek/Roman) standard of beauty.

13 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

When I think of beauty or handsomeness in a 'classical' sense I immediately associate that with what I personally consider to be the unrealistic and narrow standards put forward by sculptors working during the Classical period of Ancient Greece, and the copies of Greek sculpture later created by Roman artists.  It's all very mathematical and balanced, but I find these pieces to lack necessary elements that would make them approachable if they were living beings.  To me, this is where beauty and handsomeness diverge from attractiveness.  Not to mention, the classical standard did not include non-Greek races and ethnicities, so this narrowed the definition of classic beauty and handsomeness even further.  Thankfully the standard is not set in stone (pun intended) - and probably for most people, attractiveness is not dependent on some global ideal of physical perfection, but rather, a mix of elements which foster connection and relationship.

image.png.195213f220ea79571c74811505e3560d.png

I cannot agree more with @CuriousByNature erudite and thoughtful response. You hit the nail on the head. Each society and culture, from the beginnings of times, has its own definition of what constitutes the “classical” and its own versions of classical art and beauty. The Eurocentric/Western/Ancient Greek  one went on to become the globally dominant archetype of beauty by the power of colonial empires, starting with the Romans. One simply has to watch Leni Riefenstahl’s cinematic glorifications of that archetype in Nazi Germany to grasp how it has been politically linked to claims of racial supremacy.
Thankfully we live in a time where the narrow-mindedness of such “classical” archetypes becomes immediately apparent since we get to see and enjoy—if one chooses to do so—the exhilarating diversity that is intrinsic to human beauty in its many-splendored, ever-evolving shapes, mixtures, and colors.  

10 hours ago, dutchal said:

Ranking them against each other is pointless.  They both take my breath away.  Imagine either turned into a marble sculpture.  They'd both easily meet the "Classical" (ancient Greek/Roman) standard of beauty.

Totally agree; both Page and Hemsworth are classically handsome by my standards- that is why I was initially confused by so many posters bringing race/ethnicity into the equation.

24 minutes ago, ShortCutie7 said:

both Page and Hemsworth are classically handsome by my standards

“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

’The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’

’The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master — that’s all.”

― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

10 hours ago, dutchal said:

It is not ranking. It's different types. Like with guitars, one may be an electric guitar and one is an acoustic guitar. They are both guitars. There is no "ranking."

Classical handsomeness is one type of handsomeness that is derived from standards promoted during the periods of Greek and Roman art called classical.  It is not a "rank", it is one "category" of handsomeness that is not identical with everyone's personal preferences.

9 hours ago, Walt said:

It is not ranking. It's different types. Like with guitars, one may be an electric guitar and one is an acoustic guitar. They are both guitars. There is no "ranking."

Classical handsomeness is one type of handsomeness that is derived from standards promoted during the periods of Greek and Roman art called classical.  It is not a "rank", it is one "category" of handsomeness that is not identical with everyone's personal preferences.

Best answer

46 minutes ago, Peter Eater said:

I’ve been with Kristian many times over many years, from his 20s to now, and you are quite wrong about that.

I'd add to Peter's response:  Kristian (who is Latino I believe) is classically handsome, even if you limit your understanding to "classical" Greek and Roman good looks.  

On 1/11/2024 at 11:39 AM, Socalguy said:

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. 🙂 The first time I saw him, my first though was how handsome he was in a very convential/classical way 

I would have responded to your original posting adding Eric Hassan to the list, but I could not locate it.  There are some photos of Eric in which he is definitely classically handsome and others in which he is devilishly handsome.  I must say he is more handsome in person and thanks for bringing him up, it has been way too long since I called him last.   

Edited by purplekow

2 hours ago, lanyc said:

If this guy isn't "classically handsome," I'll eat my hat.

RENTMASSEUR.COM

View my profile on RentMasseur.com

Almost, except for the abs. Classical handsome men are clearly muscled, but not so low in their body fat that they are so defined that you see every ripple of his six pack.  He could definitely be classically handsome with that face -- if he kept the level of muscle he currently has and upped the body fat just a bit.

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Almost, except for the abs. Classical handsome men are clearly muscled, but not so low in their body fat that they are so defined that you see every ripple of his six pack.  He could definitely be classically handsome with that face -- if he kept the level of muscle he currently has and upped the body fat just a bit.

What pairs well with a Fedora?

12 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Did you feel he was classically handsome before or after the plastic surgery ?

Pubic, what is this obsession with surgery?   It is not my thing, but millions of men and women have gone under the knife for purposes of beauty or youth.  (Peter says K. has not had it, I say it was not noticeable to me if he did.  Why your repeated conjecture about a man you have not met?) 

Here is a broader point.

For today's purposes, classically handsome is constructed as much as genetic.   Few of the men mentioned in this thread as classically handsome (including the ones whose handsomeness is disputed) got there without a lot of gym time (it affects your face as well as your body), a careful diet (not too much alcohol, preferably no drugs), skin care products and a skillful photographer, and yes in some cases a little bit of surgery.  

The last, surgery, is much more common now than 30 years ago.  More people are looking younger then their age and more beautiful than their genetic heritage.  Full head of hair?  Often transplants.   Full lips?  Maybe Botox.  Handsome chin and face?  Perhaps a nip and tuck,  Etc.  

On 1/13/2024 at 3:27 PM, lanyc said:

If this guy isn't "classically handsome," I'll eat my hat.

RENTMASSEUR.COM

View my profile on RentMasseur.com

Yes!!!  Though I do recall seeing a thread on him that indicates that these pics are outdated, and there’s some information missing from his profile that would me (personally) from reaching out to him.

4 hours ago, Andy2 said:

Pubic, what is this obsession with surgery?   It is not my thing, but millions of men and women have gone under the knife for purposes of beauty or youth.  (Peter says K. has not had it, I say it was not noticeable to me if he did.  Why your repeated conjecture about a man you have not met?) 

Here is a broader point.

For today's purposes, classically handsome is constructed as much as genetic.   Few of the men mentioned in this thread as classically handsome (including the ones whose handsomeness is disputed) got there without a lot of gym time (it affects your face as well as your body), a careful diet (not too much alcohol, preferably no drugs), skin care products and a skillful photographer, and yes in some cases a little bit of surgery.  

The last, surgery, is much more common now than 30 years ago.  More people are looking younger then their age and more beautiful than their genetic heritage.  Full head of hair?  Often transplants.   Full lips?  Maybe Botox.  Handsome chin and face?  Perhaps a nip and tuck,  Etc.  

Completely agree with this- I think handsomeness requires a combination of effort and genetics/natural looks.  I don’t think surgery is a deterrent unless it looks fake.

1 hour ago, ShortCutie7 said:

Yes!!!  Though I do recall seeing a thread on him that indicates that these pics are outdated, and there’s some information missing from his profile that would me (personally) from reaching out to him.

Completely agree with this- I think handsomeness requires a combination of effort and genetics/natural looks.  I don’t think surgery is a deterrent unless it looks fake.

he looks look commercially handsome. appealing. 

1 hour ago, Trick said:

Not a provider and not from NYC but Jacob Elordi is classically handsome.

For those unfamiliar.  (IMHO, very handsome, with a very mutable face -- pulls off classically handsome well, but also works some looks that make you wonder how he got the role. Lots of angles, though, and the camera loves him!)

image.png.a72c845ea50721d4410cd074269503e2.png