This 22 year old Chicago Rentboy shares his monthly expenses with us

Ali Gator

7 hours ago, myophile said:

Speaking as a client, I find it best NOT to ask how a provider plans to spend what I pay him … Just sayin’

Why would any one think of doing that?   Boundaries, Boundaries.  Even if it's somebody I know very well, we don't talk about each other's money.  Truthfully, I'm not even that curious about how much any of my friends make.   Why would it be any different with a provider?  Are those boundaries somehow suspended in the case of a  provider.  Moneywise, the only thing I need to know from him is how much he's going to cost me.

This is the modern day version of the old show Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.  It is more of the Lifestyle of the I think I am Rich but really not so much and the I wanna be Famous. The live for today lifestyle and boast about it to strangers speaks of immaturity but he has a nice tight body, I hope he has developed some other assets. for his sake.  It also seems that besides the IRS knocking on his door, one day a bored policeman may find his way there as well.   

On 12/9/2023 at 4:17 PM, Ali Gator said:

Completely lacking in humility and any self-awareness

On 12/9/2023 at 8:56 PM, nycman said:

Tacky.

yes & yes 

he’s in his 20s. who didn’t make mistakes back then ?  other than setting himself up to be audited, not a big deal

but, I wouldn’t hire someone like him.  the minute I see the expensive sneakers, huge sunglasses & designer bags in profile pics, I lose interest.  It’s not sexy or interesting at all.
there’s a certain look some of the young ones have & it’s an instant turn-off.  super easy to spot if you’ve seen it a few times. 

all of that conspicuous consumption reeks of narcissism and that means poor to mediocre sex.

10 hours ago, sync said:

There is a lot of presumption regarding his financial discretion.

It is possible he is not as reckless with his future financial security as it appears and has investment and savings processes in place.

Time will tell.

He never added and I am stocking away a large chunk of change too.  so going by what you see, conspicuous consumption. Check. 

Unnnecessary braggadocio Check   Immature and unrefined taste. Check.   401 K.  No check. Want to impress Show me the money used wisely.  

1 hour ago, purplekow said:

He never added and I am stocking away a large chunk of change too.  so going by what you see, conspicuous consumption. Check. 

Unnnecessary braggadocio Check   Immature and unrefined taste. Check.   401 K.  No check. Want to impress Show me the money used wisely.  

Time will tell.

I was reckless with money in my 20s but I was poor and reckless was having drinks out with friends.  A vacation to Hawaii put me in credit card debt. 

But I promised myself that once I hit 30 I would be responsible (and I was).  I'd cut him some slack and let him live.

I had a career that didn't depend on being young so things were going to improve financially.  I hope for his sake he's doing some thinking about the future.

His Insta post gives off strong Kardashian vibes.  Didn't one of the Kardashians fly her private jet somewhere nearby even though it would have been quicker to drive?  Almost like deliberately wasting money was her way of showing off just how much money she had.

This guy isn't quite that profligate, but he is squandering $thousands a month.  Maybe that makes him supercool with other 20-somethings, inspiring envy, respect, and admiration while we uncool oldsters either worry about the kid or roll our eyes.

Probably enjoying a lifestyle that he never had growing up. Give him a break. 
I never had luxuries until I was 30. I didn’t have the money (very middle class, suburban upbringing; studying til 29; conservative parents, etc.). Then I treated myself. I indulged. Gotta do it when you can. Gotta live when you are alive. 

On 12/9/2023 at 10:17 AM, Ali Gator said:

Completely lacking in humility and any self-awareness, this 22 yo Chicago Rentboy shares his monthly expenses ($13,300+)  with us. Let's hope he's banking some of that cash before he hits his 30s. 

WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

4,891 likes, 787 comments - charliebaarrett on December 4, 2023: "How much I spent last month 🥲 • • • #dayinthelife #homepage #entrepreneur...

Crazy!

500+ gym? Unless he has a personal trainer that makes no sense, especially when he can go to his building's gym. 3,180 on food? Over 4K in trips? Is he flying first class to Hawaii twice a month?

I think he's just bragging trying to "fake it till he makes it". 

Edited by marylander1940

On 12/12/2023 at 3:25 AM, BSR said:

...Didn't one of the Kardashians fly her private jet somewhere nearby even though it would have been quicker to drive?...

According to Greenpeace many do:

WWW.GREENPEACE.ORG

As lobbyists, corporate bosses and political leaders head into the World Economic Forum 2023 (WEF), new analysis commissioned by Greenpeace International reveals the...