Grindr Rant

Pd1_jap

2 hours ago, Bokomaru said:

The boys love an older top (if hung). An older bottom? It’s like winning the lottery to hook up on Grindr.

When I was much younger and started experimenting with men, I was meeting older men and I expected they would top, because I only liked masculine men, and I expected them to be dominant in nature.

I don't think I would have WANTED to top them. So yeah...an older bottom would not have been appealing then and an older bottom is not appealing now !

My brain says older = top / younger = bottom

( same age is the toss of a coin ) 🤣

Edited by pubic_assistance
spelling

18 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Grindr is notorious for flakes who are sitting at home jerking-off and seeking momentary validation.

Maybe 1/5th of the guys on there will actually show up for a meet.

Your lack of success is primarily due to the nature of the platform which is focused on instant gratification and anonymous sex, leading to some strange behaviors.

Very well said. And the other big grindr population are those who are fake. You can especially tell when the pictures they're using are the familiar ones you've seen from celebs on instagram.

4 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

This I agree with.

As part of my job, I need to travel outside Manhattan to job sites in Westchester County and Long Island/ the Hamptons. Sometimes, I will check my Grindr to see who's around. By the time I get back to my office, I've got dozens and dozens of messages from having signed on in a new area where it's just small surburban villages, and therefore, a smaller population to pick from.  "New meat" seems to be welcomed, (no matter how close I am to my expiration date) 🤣

Can I take you to dinner next time you’re in the hamptons. I’m gunna keep chipping away at you. 

28 minutes ago, Coolwave35 said:

Can I take you to dinner next time you’re in the hamptons. I’m gunna keep chipping away at you. 

Don’t waste the invite @pubic_assistance! If I had the opportunity to chat over a meal with @Coolwave35 I would jump at the chance, just to hear all the colorful stories and insights. Alas, I’m in the opposite corner of the country.

3 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

When I was much younger and started experimenting with men, I was meeting older men and I expected they would top, because I only liked masculine men, and I expected them to be dominant in nature.

I don't think I would have WANTED to top them. So yeah...an older bottom would not have been appealing then and an older bottom is not appealing now !

Bad news for aging bottoms!

On 12/6/2023 at 6:43 PM, nycman said:

You need thick skin if you’re going to play in the Grindr et al. sandbox.

People are cruel. And if you care, you’ll get hurt. 

No…like seriously THICK skin.

Over the years I can remember exactly two "really fun" hook ups from the apps. That’s a really shitty return on the huge time investment. Not to mention the tremendous ego damage.

Just hire. It’s so much easier. 

Armadillo skin! 😂 

I caught this program on the radio last weekend, it was an episode of the "Radiolab" program that featured a bizarre story about a guy's experience being harassed through Grindr. And Grindr refused to do a damn thing.

The first part is about the Grindr adventure. Then it gets into a discussion of Section 230, which may or may not be interesting to people. But it's worth checking out!

RADIOLAB.ORG

How the law that created the modern Internet may be destroying it—and us.

3 hours ago, jessmapex said:

So, the young and pretty ones have a chance on Grindr and, of course, the bars. The affluent can hire. What is the rest of the population supposed to do? Be the inCels?

A good personality goes a long way. I’ve had sex with tons of guys that I wasn’t particularly attracted to because they had a cute face, or a great sense of humor, or were interesting or I wanted them out of my apartment. 

On 12/7/2023 at 1:47 PM, pubic_assistance said:

EN.M.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

EN.M.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Screenshot_20231212-095102.thumb.png.b6ee460fab51b0c55b5e2f5d93efd23c.png

21 hours ago, jessmapex said:

What is the rest of the population supposed to do? Be the inCels?

"Sic transit gloria mundi—Tuesday is usually worse"

18 hours ago, Coolwave35 said:

I’ve had sex with tons of guys….or I wanted them out of my apartment. 

Been there, done that.

I knew we were brothers from another mother!

On 12/12/2023 at 12:41 AM, jessmapex said:

So, the young and pretty ones have a chance on Grindr

this assumes the pics & profiles are real - which they are not 

On 12/12/2023 at 12:41 AM, jessmapex said:

The affluent can hire. What is the rest of the population supposed to do?

I’m over 60 and get hit on all the time & usually by younger guys into Daddys, altho closer to my age too.  
tbh - I just don’t have that much interest anymore & sex with strangers is a lot of work.  I have zero interest in going through the motions just to have sex with random people. the exception is when I hire or go to rentboy saunas ;) 

I think it’s way more about energy & attitude vs physical appearance.  a little self-confidence goes a long way too. 

4 hours ago, SouthOfTheBorder said:

I think it’s way more about energy & attitude vs physical appearance.  a little self-confidence goes a long way too. 

To a degree...yes.

You can't be grossly out of shape. But definitely, self confidence and attitude has made up for a few gray hairs and a lack of six pak, in my case.

I am surprised at how often I still get hit on by young attractive people. The oldest I ever went for when I was young was maybe around 40. Now I am over 50 and still seem to be able to get a smile and a wink on the subway, or a phone number left on my check at the restaurant.

at this point - Grindr & similar are well known for all of the bad behavior & general waste of time.  Yet, hundreds of thousands still use them every day.  And seemingly go right back after being burned multiple times. Hard to square why that happens.

Ive noticed a huge drop-off in men using apps after 60.  Either they're lying about their age, have actually learned from their mistakes or have just outgrown them.  I suppose some may quit if they don't feel they get attention any longer.

I much prefer socializing in-person & am lucky I live in places that allows me those options.  

On the few times, I have used apps in the past, I always felt pressure to perform & sometimes it's just not that way.  Chemistry is required and that's not a thing that translates online 

Full disclosure - I met my husband online (before apps), so it can happen. A random hookup turned into 15 wonderful years.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 3:41 PM, jessmapex said:

So, the young and pretty ones have a chance on Grindr and, of course, the bars. The affluent can hire. What is the rest of the population supposed to do? Be the inCels?

Find another equally old and ugly person to marry, and be miserable together.

On 12/11/2023 at 3:41 PM, jessmapex said:

“You can be young without money but you can't be old without it. You've got to be old with money because to be old without it is just too awful, you've got to be one or the other, either young or with money, you can't be old and without it. - That's the truth, Brick...” ― Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof