And stumble to the kitchen
Pour myself a cup of ambition
And yawn and stretch and try to come to life
Jump in the shower
And the blood starts pumpin'
Out on the streets, the traffic starts jumpin'
For folks like me on the job from 9 to 5

Dolly is that you?

Well  I must say I hate all you jump out of bed and face the day people.  I am usually awake until 2 or 3 AM and then when the alarm goes off at 7:36 I hit the snooze button.  And when it goes off at 7:51 I get out of bed, pee and go back to bed. When it goes off at 8:06 I change the alarm to radio and lie there listening to music until the news comes on at 8:23.   Then if I need to be at work, I get up, shower and brush my teeth in the shower,  If needed, I will first leave a deposit for the sanitation department and do a crossword puzzle.  Multi tasking as it were.  So at 8:43 the radio show I listen too during the week has a segment Strange News in which II hear about things like the support alligator which was refused entry to a Philadelphia Phillies game and almost always some bizarre story from Florida.  At long last I am dressed and out the door.  No breakfast, no coffee.  Just a pet for each of the dogs.  If I am not working.  There is no alarm.  There is no music.  Just blissful sleep until I am blissful and pissful and then need to get up.  

Edited by purplekow

22 minutes ago, purplekow said:

Well  I must say I hate all you jump out of bed and face the day people.  I am usually awake to 2 or 3 AM and then when the alarm goes off at 7:36 I hit the snooze button.  And when it goes off at 7:51 I get out of bed, pee and go back to bed. When it goes off at 8:06 I change the alarm to radio and lie there listening to music until the news comes on at 8:23.   Then if I need to be at work, I get up, shower and brush my teeth in the shower,  If needed, I will first leave a deposit for the sanitation department and do a crossword puzzle.  Multi tasking as it were.  So at 8:43 the radio show I listen too during the week has a segment Strange News in which II hear about things like the support alligator which was refused entry to a Philadelphia Phillies game and almost always some bizarre story from Florida.  At long last I am dressed and out the door.  No breakfast, no coffee.  Just a pet for each of the dogs.  If I am not working.  There is no alarm.  There is no music.  Just blissful sleep until I am blissful and pissful and then need to get up.  

🤣🤣🤣👌🏽 

The anchor around which I structure my days is three square meals a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner all at fairly regular times. So dealing with the morning, after I get up its to the bathroom for morning ablutions, turn on the radio for news, make coffee and switchbon my computer to get emails and read the NYT and the Globe&Mail, both online subscriptions which together cost $50 per month.

Then I make a real breakfast usually involving eggs in all different recipes depending on my mood. Toast and sometimes sausages or bacon. It's usually around 9 when I am ready to take on the world.  

Edited by Luv2play

40 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

The anchor around which I structure my days is three square meals a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner all at fairly regular times. So dealing with the morning, after I get up its to the bathroom for morning ablutions, turn on the radio for news, make coffee and switchbon my computer to get emails and read the NYT and the Globe&Mail, both online subscriptions which together cost $50 per month.

Then I make a real breakfast usually involving eggs in all different recipes depending on my mood. Toast and sometimes sausages or bacon. It's usually around 9 when I am ready to take on the world.  

9 AM is typically meal number one for me as well.. when I'm on a diet prep like I am now breakfast varies.... there is a non-workout day breakfast, there is a low carb day breakfast, and then there is a high carb day breakfast... then there's a "re-feed" day breakfast lol ( unfortunately it only takes place about once a month lol.... today was actually a re-feed day and some of you here have seen what all that entails.... 😍🤤😋

I'm sure it all sounds complicated and onerous but it works like charm and it gives me variety often times not associated with bodybuilding 🙏🏽 I don't eat anything I don't totally enjoy eating thank goodness 😅 

18 hours ago, Vin_Marco said:

Besides jacking off, tell me what are some of the things you do first thing in the morning. The reason I ask is because as a creature of habit, there are things, many things that I have done habitually and consistently every morning for years...... I will share too....

Since I recently retired, I’ve found I needed a new schedule for my morning routine. I still get up at 5 am and with my first coffee(s) of the day, I read Company of Men, which takes about an hour to do. Then shower and get dressed and then head out to the gym for a couple of hours… then get on with the rest of my day (and life)! 😊 

3 minutes ago, Greg250 said:

Since I recently retired, I’ve found I needed a new schedule for my morning routine. I still get up at 5 am and with my first coffee(s) of the day, I read Company of Men, which takes about an hour to do. Then shower and get dressed and then head out to the gym for a couple of hours… then get on with the rest of my day (and life)! 😊 

Congratulations 🎈🍾🎉 on your retirement Greg!!!!! 🫵🏽👌🏽 I also wake up at 5:00 I've never needed to set an alarm, I generally beat it when I do ( the clock 😂) and my coffee ️..... 

I usually rise early. First thing is 20 oz of water, then two cups of Italian roast coffee with a little Organic Valley heavy cream while checking up on COM (as I’m doing now) and a few news and architecture sites, followed by a most satisfying trip to the Toto. Several times a week I’ll go for an early 20-30 mile fast bike ride or walk down through the park and do 5 sprints up 141 steps with 20 push-ups after each sprint. Then a shower and and head downstairs to my first-floor office to work for the rest of the morning. A paleo breakfast around 11 am. I do weight training three days per week around 1:00 pm. This morning I have a 5k at 8. 

As for the bed, I fluff the pillows when I arise and leave the bed unmade for two hours. Like others have stated, I ALWAYS make my bed.

Amen.

2 minutes ago, Vin_Marco said:

Congratulations 🎈🍾🎉 on your retirement Greg!!!!! 🫵🏽👌🏽 I also wake up at 5:00 I've never needed to set an alarm, I generally beat it when I do ( the clock 😂) and my coffee ️..... 

Thanks… and like you, I can’t recall the last time I set my alarm either… so carry on beating all things (🍆) when you arise! 

40 minutes ago, Pensant said:

I usually rise early. First thing is 20 oz of water, then two cups of Italian roast coffee with a little Organic Valley heavy cream while checking up on COM (as I’m doing now) and a few news and architecture sites, followed by a most satisfying trip to the Toto. Several times a week I’ll go for an early 20-30 mile fast bike ride or walk down through the park and do 5 sprints up 141 steps with 20 push-ups after each sprint. Then a shower and and head downstairs to my first-floor office to work for the rest of the morning. A paleo breakfast around 11 am. I do weight training three days per week around 1:00 pm. This morning I have a 5k at 8. 

As for the bed, I fluff the pillows when I arise and leave the bed unmade for two hours. Like others have stated, I ALWAYS make my bed.

Amen.

You had me at Toto 🇯🇵 😂👌🏽 Joking aside, I admire your routine and discipline 🙂

26 minutes ago, Greg250 said:

Thanks… and like you, I can’t recall the last time I set my alarm either… so carry on beating all things (🍆) when you arise! 

Yeah, I didn't get into this business to have to set an alarm in the mornings lol 😂 👌🏽🙌🏽

I am a morning person by nature,  jacking off first thing,  but a healthy breakfast and always time for my "Morning Cardio & weight training"  sessions since 2002.    It is a very positive way to start an active day.  I'm also never get started without making my bed and picking up the place.     If time permits, I will make time to mow the yard  or wash one of my vehicles.    My 2023  Camaro needs a little TLC after a busy work week,  so that is on the agenda for this morning.

Morning activities are limited by shower time and the need to move it to the office.   I also always have to catch the latest with "Morning Joe"  and my business update.

Edited by ICTJOCK

..... if anyone is curious 👀 🤨 as to what I look like "first thing in the morning" ( yesterday morning and THIS morning ) I invite you to visit the fetish forum "other muscle addicts" 

Edited by Vin_Marco

I snooze from 7:00am-7:30am. I really struggle getting up before 6:30am for anything. Check any work messages in bed, never jerking off in the morning, rise and stumble out of bed bleary eyed, looking like hell (and feeling like hell), put on grubby clothes, and start farm chores. I never make my bed unless I’m trying to keep up appearances for company or unless I’m washing sheets. I care about a lot of things. A tidy bed nobody sees is not one of them.

Put the dogs in their fenced area, let the ducks out of their coop to forage while I work, change out the soiled duck water, clean the tubs, top off the feed, fill the drinking water, spread fresh dry pine shavings bedding, collect the duck eggs, and usher the ducks back into the coop (they follow my voice commands). Let the dogs back out, wash and pack the eggs for market back in the house.

Visit the head, maybe read some CoM there or google a random curiosity on my mind. Use the bidet, shower, always a hot shower, 15-20 mins mostly just getting hot water on my face to wake up. I can’t leave the house feeling like a human without a hot shower. After the shower, I’m bright eyed and bushy tailed.

No coffee or any stimulants. A quick bite of healthy cereal. Water, meds. Hit the gym if no appointments scheduled first thing, or work out later if something is scheduled early. Sometimes run a few errands before commuting to the studio. Then…it’s off to the races taking clients.

Depending on the time of year (I don't like to get up in the dark), I get up between 5 and 6:30, go to the bathroom to empty my body of waste, throw on some clothes, and take the dog outside to perform his routine business--often I will have a bit of morning chat on the street with neighbors doing the same thing with their dogs. Then I feed the dog, and have some breakfast (juice, fruit, and pastry or cereal). Two mornings per week I then leave for the tennis club at 7:10 to play a doubles match for a couple of hours, and do some food shopping on the way home. On other mornings after breakfast I take the dog for a long walk, or drive my partner and the dog to a trailhead from which they walk home. Then I settle down at the computer to read my mail and this site.

6 hours ago, Pensant said:

Amen.

Just reading about your morning routine would send me back to bed for a rest!

Wake up to hideous alarm at 7:20, put on work-out clothes selected the night before and slug down about 16 oz of cool water. Drive 2 miles to the gym, spend an hour on various machines, slow jog, etc., back home, hit the shower. Cereal or breakfast bar, nothing too elaborate. If working from home, throw on comfy clothes and be “at work” at my desk in my den by 10, otherwise appropriately dressed, meeting clients, out and about. Daytime activities vary, sometimes home late, other nights out to dinner with friends. Try to be in bed by 11; pull up the spank-bank folder and knock one off - great for sleeping. Can’t remember ever missing one unless I’ve already had an “appointment” which occurs once every 2-3 weeks. Usually a massage, sometimes more. 

When I am home, I may wake and get right out of bed or I may stay in bed listening to the local sports radio station while checking social media and reviewing prior nightmare sports scores.  In either case, once my feet hit the floor:

1 - piss, brush teeth, mouthwash, blow nose, and Qtip clean ears

2 - open dining room blinds as signal to neighbors that I am still alive

3 - take daily multi-vitamin and Truvada with a full 8 ounces of water   

And there any semblance of routine ends. 

Edited by sam.fitzpatrick

Make a cup of coffee with cream and syrup. Ever since the pandemic, I realized how much money I was saving by not going to Starbucks or some coffee shop and making coffee at home (drip coffee by manual pouring over the grinds mixed with cinnamon - no coffee maker since the water never gets hot enough). Then I just add one or two table spoons of syrup flavor of choice; I alternate different flavors each time I go buy a new bottle.

Torani Flavored Syrup 750 ml — Allegheny Coffee & Tea Exchange

Then I make a breakfast of blueberries and cereal with a banana.