Sen. Dianne Feinstein passes away at 90

ICTJOCK

Now,  I know no politics,  but I want to commend this woman for what she did for the gay community.       Yes,  she probably needed to retire,  but she was amazing for her contributions.

WWW.MSN.COM

will be missed and certainly appreciated.

Edited by ICTJOCK

She did lots of great and lots of horrible things. 

In other words, she was a politician.

In my book, dying in office….of old age, was one of her greatest sins. 
What the fuck is wrong with that generation?
Are they really that self-centered and narcissistic?

Anyways, RIP

From the above article:
"Feinstein recalled finding Milk's body and searching for a pulse by putting her finger in a bullet hole."
That’s really fucking weird. For the record, that’s not how you look for a pulse in a gunshot victim….ever. 

16 minutes ago, nycman said:

Anyways, RIP

From the above article:
"Feinstein recalled finding Milk's body and searching for a pulse by putting her finger in a bullet hole."
That’s really fucking weird. For the record, that’s not how you look for a pulse in a gunshot victim….ever. 

45 years later you want to criticize Feinstein for this? Hell, two people were just murdered and you expect perfection?

Just now, Lucky said:

45 years later you want to criticize Feinstein for this? Hell, two people were just murdered and you expect perfection?

Nice try, but I did not disparage Ms. Feinstein for her actions.
I would never criticize any "civilian" in such an overwhelming situation.
I merely pointed out it wasn’t the correct thing to do because I don’t want people today repeating the same mistake. 

13 minutes ago, Lucky said:

He was just reminded about it in the news and couldn't help himself. 

Some (even in a moment of trauma and despair) can always do better. Beyond Monday morning quarterbacking... 

Edited by marylander1940

31 minutes ago, nycman said:

Anyways, RIP

From the above article:

She was a trailblazer!

How many of us accomplished so much against so many odds? Please let's be realistic. 

Well, at least she didn't run from a crime scene, and she had the balls to tell the public what happened. How many of us would react after running into some coworkers dead in the office? She was tougher than most of us, that I can tell you. 

8 minutes ago, nycman said:

Nice try, but I did not disparage Ms. Feinstein for her actions.
I would never criticize any "civilian" in such an overwhelming situation.
I merely pointed out it wasn’t the correct thing to do because I don’t want people today repeating the same mistake. 

She was a civilian... 

Nice try, would you like to start a thread about how to behave in a crime scene?

Please let's go back to subject! 

rest-in-peace-candle.gif

56612757-0-image-a-7_1649943122402.jpg

Edited by marylander1940

8 hours ago, nycman said:

Really? You truly think that a generation is at fault is at fault here? Last time I checked, the VOTERS are the ones who choose if/who to vote. Californians age 55 and older make up 35% of the state’s adult population but constitute half (50%) of likely voters. So where are the younger people? That's right, complaining and expecting things to just happen to them instead of actually getting involved and voting.

Message: MOVE YOUR ASS AND VOTE. If not, then don't cry, complain or blame others.

9 hours ago, nycman said:

Anyways, RIP

From the above article:

Actually the article is incorrect in that case - her comment about putting a finger in the bullet hole was made to Larry Craig (yes, THAT Larry Craig) as well, on the senate floor when they debated the 1994 gun control legislation. She didn't say she tried to find a pulse - she was trying to stop the bleeding and find a pulse.  You can probably find the clip on YouTube. 

The source article: "I tried to get a pulse and put my finger through a bullet hole.

Edited by KeepItReal

• 2 weeks later...