Winter Storm 2022

Luv2play

I am in a part of North America that is experiencing the last great storm of 2022 and it is happening just before Christmas. Which means a lot of travel plans are being upset.

For myself I only hope to travel on Christmas Day and only 60 miles to go to dinner at a relative's house. Hopefully the roads will be clear by then. In the meantime I am enjoying the snow and wind swirling around. As long as the electricity doesn't fail. 😆

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Does anyone hire when it's this bad?  It's -10 in Chicago, and I can't imagine going out for anything, even a little fun.  And I'd feel guilty for asking for an outcall.

My heat is struggling to maintain 66 this morning when it’s 7 outside. I can’t imagine being naked in this chill! Can’t wait to fly up to my place on the island on Monday where the temps will be around 50 and raining. 

12 hours ago, Beancounter said:

Colder than a witch’s tit in a brass bra.  Brrrr.  

So, you’ve met my ex-wife? 🥶

We are experiencing rolling blackouts hourly due to surge demand on the TVA system.    My “smart house” is turning stupid with the demands of five adults and five kids running around…but we are having a blast despite it all! ❤️

Ironically, last week, my neighbor had a generac system installed to backup his whole house…he waited 18 months for delivery and the timing couldn’t have been better.   He’s like a little boy and keeps texting to see if my power is off or on as he gets used to it 🤭

4 hours ago, MscleLovr said:

I don’t know where you’re based @Luv2play but isn’t that wildly optimistic?

It may be given how the storm has developed overnight. This morning we are experiencing a blizzard but the snowfall hasn't been as heavy as predicted...yet. It may still arrive over the next 12 hours.

Right now I would say Christmas dinner at my cousins is looking iffy. Thankfully my fridge is packed with food and the bar is well stocked with wine and liquor. Let it snow let it snow.

I was originally supposed to fly to Puerto Vallarta yesterday, at the height of the flight cancellations.  Luckily and thankfully, I switched my plans and flew down here a week earlier.  So it's 82F every day and my hotel window is open every night to hear the waves crash on the shore.

But snuggling with a hunk of man to keep warm would be fun, too.  Merry Christmas everyone 🎄

16 hours ago, keroscenefire said:

Denver got to -24 on early Friday morning. Second coldest temp ever recorded in the city. Unfortunately, I think its possible that might've done in my beautiful wisteria. Hopefully it'll just die back to the roots like it did last time we had a cold snap

I think it's adorable you consider -24 to be merely a "cold snap".