Asked for money to help him out

rustyrex

Hey all,

it’s been a while since I posted but I just contacted an old provider to meet up and he and I couldn’t get our schedules to work.  He asked me for $100 because he’s struggling.  Is this the new norm?  I kinda want to help but I’m also not an ATM. We’ve only met once before and while we had a good time I think asking for $100 is a little much.  I was about to suggest a compromise of maybe pics or a video chat but I’m not sure if that’s even a good idea?  What would you do?

I had a very similar request from a regular provider when I asked about setting up a new meet.....

he asked for a half-advance to be sent via Venmo or Paypal or something......I don't have any cash apps set up on my phone and didn't want to set one up for this purpose.....I ended up saying as much to him, as nicely as I could, and he said he understood......I did tell him I'd give him direct cash in person, but we were 120 miles from each other at the time.......

the meet went on as planned about five days later and I paid the normal amount in cash.....told him sorry I couldn't help him out earlier and he understood (wife troubles, no place to stay, blah, blah......)

1 hour ago, rustyrex said:

I just contacted an old provider to meet up and he and I couldn’t get our schedules to work.  He asked me for $100

As you’ve only met him once before, do NOT send money. If you want to make a charitable donation, send it to a reputable charity. 

40 minutes ago, kaboom35 said:

Maybe I’m heartless

No, you’re not heartless. You’re simply being sensible. 

2 hours ago, rustyrex said:

... I couldn’t get our schedules to work.  He asked me for $100 because he’s struggling....

He's too busy to meet but struggling financially? What keeps him so busy?

New Highly Illogical Memes | Getting Memes, Are Memes, These Memes

11 hours ago, rustyrex said:

Hey all,

it’s been a while since I posted but I just contacted an old provider to meet up and he and I couldn’t get our schedules to work.  He asked me for $100 because he’s struggling.  Is this the new norm?  I kinda want to help but I’m also not an ATM. We’ve only met once before and while we had a good time I think asking for $100 is a little much.  I was about to suggest a compromise of maybe pics or a video chat but I’m not sure if that’s even a good idea?  What would you do?

I have to agree with the concensus - it is generally a bad idea. Also be mindful that if you say “yes” odds are they will ask again…and again…and again. Ive been in that trap. Never again.  Think very carefully - if you do decide to help, make sure you are okay with it being a gift and a one time thing. Expecting to be repaid is over optimistic and when you see him again and deduct the “loan” it will undoubtedly lead to resentment and a bad taste in the mouth. Most people are just not wired to be grateful. 

52 minutes ago, needbodywork said:

I don't advance money anymore. After many experiences I've learned that when a provider has the money before the meet it's like pulling teeth to get them to show. This also applies to personal trainers, masseurs, barbers, etc.

That was my experience as well.  I had a massage guy do an outcall after a hip surgery last year.  As he was leaving, my husband paid him in advance for another outcall.  I was never able to pin him down - he was always either in Europe, Southern Ca, or whatever.  After a few tries, I realized we would have to write the money off.  I would think a guy who cared about his reputation would have been more proactive about setting up the appointment he'd already been paid for.

On 12/5/2022 at 10:45 PM, rustyrex said:

Hey all,

I do agree if you do send the money it will most likely be a recurring experience. If you’re in the financial state to wanting to spoil or help a hot young guy out then do it. If you aren’t the don’t do it. There are providers that I will spoil and send money to for a variety of reasons. 

On 12/7/2022 at 12:47 PM, Coolwave35 said:

I accidentally sent $227,000 to hot men on Tik Tok over a 5 month period. I got sucked right into the attention and found it thrilling. I imagine it’s how gambling addicts get swept up in it. 

I think to rebalance your karma you should give $277k to me, a not-hot guy not on TikTok. ;)

5 hours ago, sniper said:

I think to rebalance your karma you should give $277k to me, a not-hot guy not on TikTok. ;)

That’s exactly what the street psychic in London said so I gave the equivalent to her already!  I appreciate you worrying about me but the karma has been balanced. 

On 12/7/2022 at 12:47 PM, Coolwave35 said:

I accidentally sent $227,000 to hot men on Tik Tok over a 5 month period. I got sucked right into the attention and found it thrilling. I imagine it’s how gambling addicts get swept up in it. 

yea i get that same thrill - i only do it to guys that i HAVE met with multiple times and plan on meeting again - and they never ask but now and again ill get drunk and look at a photo of them and just send them money instantly ahahhaaha being drained is hotttt. i blame their pheromones