Metamusil

Pittlookalike

I am planning on bottoming for someone during a long weekend. I haven’t bottomed in a long time.  While i will douche, should i also take metamusil?  Does it really firm your stool so i would be less likely to have any particles of feces?   How many days before bottoming should i start metamusil?   Thx for any info 

23 hours ago, Pittlookalike said:

I am planning on bottoming for someone during a long weekend. I haven’t bottomed in a long time.  While i will douche, should i also take metamusil?  Does it really firm your stool so i would be less likely to have any particles of feces?   How many days before bottoming should i start metamusil?   Thx for any info 

Metamucil does help but it's way overpriced.  It's basically psyllium and sugar.  I just buy psyllium from the bulk store.  Cheaper that way.  Take it every day.  Your colon will thank you as you get older.

If for one time, I'd start two weeks ahead so your body gets used to it.  At first it may cause gas and bloating.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently, I bought a bottle of PURE FOR MEN. I thought "well, it's probably just glorified metamucil, but I can afford the $20.00 to find out."  The stuff really works the way people report that it does. After you have been using this stuff for a couple days, when you wipe your butt, the TP is barely soiled - there's nothing to wipe away.

Edited by Rudynate

On 9/26/2022 at 6:14 PM, Rudynate said:

Recently, I bought a bottle of PURE FOR MEN. I thought "well, it's probably just glorified metamucil, but I can afford the $20.00 to find out."  The stuff really works the way people report that it does. After you have been using this stuff for a couple days, when you wipe your butt, the TP is barely soiled - there's nothing to wipe away.

True.

Fiber is a great addition to daily supplements for most everyone, but the dose that works for you may take time to figure out. Capsules work, powder that stirs into liquid works, gummies, wafers - so many ways to up your fiber when you’re up for someone up your 🍑

If you eat well mostly, you should know within a few days of adding fiber supplement how much is best. Water intake may need to be increased. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 5:09 PM, FunGuyUS said:

I have been trying Colon Broom - a Metamucil alternative.  It seems to get good reviews online. After getting use to it - I rarely feel bloated, and it as helped to reduce my appetite.

I first read that as Colon Blow the SNL skit! 

Metamucil is a friend in my 40s and after a few GI surgeries. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 6:54 PM, Notor said:

2 Mag O2 capsules can be useful!

On 10/31/2022 at 10:22 PM, BenjaminNicholas said:

Agree. 

While different in how they hit the GI, they are easily capable of clearing EVERYTHING out of you... Quickly. 

Mag O2 is more of a laxative and cause cramping.  At least for me it does. 

• 3 weeks later...

Daily Metamucil transformed my colon behavior. It’s true that when used regularly at YOUR correct dose, I barely need to wipe and well formed and solid stools are the result. Feces seem to be far easier to pass also. And it’s great for your gut, esp if you don’t eat enough fiber in your diet. Btw, the regular Metamucil contains sugar. Check the calorie content if important to you. They sell a sugar free variety also. Highly recommended for anyone engaging in butt sex. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 9:08 AM, PeterR14 said:

Daily Metamucil transformed my colon behavior. It’s true that when used regularly at YOUR correct dose, I barely need to wipe and well formed and solid stools are the result. Feces seem to be far easier to pass also. And it’s great for your gut, esp if you don’t eat enough fiber in your diet. Btw, the regular Metamucil contains sugar. Check the calorie content if important to you. They sell a sugar free variety also. Highly recommended for anyone engaging in butt sex. 

How do you tell a correct dose?

1 hour ago, menaughty said:

How do you tell a correct dose?

Start with 1 pill a day.
I prefer the capsules They’re much easier to take.
Then after 3 days, add another pill. 
Keep following that pattern, increasing by one pill every 3 days. 
For me 3 pills once a day at breakfast is the "perfect balance".

If you get to three pills once a day and still feel like you 
need more, I’d suggest splitting the dose into twice a day.

If you get to 3 pills twice a day and it’s still not where you 
want to be, you need to cut your cheese and meat intake 
in half you fucking pig…..grin.

If you increase and find that your stools are getting too loose,
just cut back one pill and that will mostly likely be your ”sweet
spot".

Everyone one is different and a great deal depends on your 
diet, activities, and biology. Start low, go slow, and you’ll get there. 

On 10/17/2022 at 3:09 PM, FunGuyUS said:

I have been trying Colon Broom - a Metamucil alternative.  It seems to get good reviews online. After getting use to it - I rarely feel bloated, and it as helped to reduce my appetite.

Colon Broom and Metamucil have the exact same active ingredient. The only difference is the sweetener (same as Sugar-free Metamucil). Use whichever one is less expensive, or generic alternative (psyllium husk). 

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2022 at 6:51 PM, BenjaminNicholas said:

For me, PURE doesn't work nearly as well as good, ol' fashioned (sugar-free) Metamucil.

For others, it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Fiber, in any form, is very good for the GI, as most people aren't getting enough through the usual diet.

Noticed your comment on Metamucil being sugar-free...implying that perhaps others (like PURE FOR MEN) might contain sugar.

I'm trying to watch my sugar intake, so I wondered.  I was relieved when I checked the ingredients listed on my bottle of PURE that it didn't have sugar listed anywhere in the  proprietary blend or other ingredients list.  

On 1/3/2023 at 11:16 AM, Rod Hagen said:

If constipation, not dietary fiber, is your main concern, there is NOTHING that works as well as daily Magnesium Citrate.  Absolutely nothing.  Not Metamucil, not citrucil, not Miralax.  Find the dose of MC that works best for you, and your daily battle will disappear.

GET OUT OF MY MIND (and colon)

As to your very wise suggestion, I also offer this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7XZCBY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use this now and then as a cleanse, but with the right dosage, it could easily be taken daily.

It works...  Very, very well.