Monkey Pox & Massages

Guest untakenalias

5 hours ago, Vulgarii said:

I'm not going to get vaxxed for covid nor for monkeypox. If I need the cash then I'll just lie. 

My clientele aren't the promiscuous, bathhouse, Sniffies.com type so I'll just take my chances like I did with covid. 

I wonder if I can catch monkeypox from all these newly vaccinated men and their viral loads, no pun intended. I'll let ya guys know!

This is without a doubt the most vile post I have ever read on this forum. You bring irresponsibility to a whole new level, mister. Truly repugnant. If there’s a positive to this, it’s a wake-up call to us all that there are bad people out there. 

6 hours ago, Vulgarii said:

I'm not going to get vaxxed for covid nor for monkeypox. If I need the cash then I'll just lie

My clientele aren't the promiscuous, bathhouse, Sniffies.com type so I'll just take my chances like I did with covid. 

I wonder if I can catch monkeypox from all these newly vaccinated men and their viral loads, no pun intended. I'll let ya guys know!

Seriously? Are you trying to be funny? What else are you willing to lie to your clients about, because you need the money? HIV status? That you are on PreP?  
In the words of a wise Jedi: You need to go home and rethink your life. 

On 8/23/2022 at 7:28 AM, Bluefin said:

San Francisco! 

Best thing to do in SF is go to the clinic at SF General. They do not take appointments, but in my experience it's very well organized and efficient. I was in and out of there in less than an hour on a weekday mid-morning. My spouse as well as a work colleague reported the same.

Kaiser on Geary also has a walk-in clinic. I'm told you don't need to be a Kaiser member to go, so that could be another option.

https://sf.gov/information/monkeypox-vaccine

For whatever reason, it seems hard to get a vaccination appointment in SF, but the walk-ins are readily available.

17 hours ago, Vulgarii said:

I'm not going to get vaxxed for covid nor for monkeypox. If I need the cash then I'll just lie. 

Its up to you about getting a vaccine.  That's your decision.  Please don't lie to your clients.  They need to make up their minds on the risks they are willing to take.  You are taking away their ability to make informed choices.  Please reconsider.

On 8/28/2022 at 6:18 AM, Cliff said:

This is without a doubt the most vile post I have ever read on this forum. You bring irresponsibility to a whole new level, mister. Truly repugnant. If there’s a positive to this, it’s a wake-up call to us all that there are bad people out there. 

It’s best to ask for proof, test results, etc..

On 8/28/2022 at 5:50 PM, TorontoDrew said:

Its up to you about getting a vaccine.  That's your decision.  Please don't lie to your clients.  They need to make up their minds on the risks they are willing to take.  You are taking away their ability to make informed choices.  Please reconsider.

In my experience people with an attitude such as expressed by this person typically don’t listen to reasonable advice. I’d just like a link to his ad if he has one. 

On 8/28/2022 at 3:50 PM, TorontoDrew said:

I don't have monkeypox though, so lying about being vaccinated is that same thing, especially when the vaccine does not prevent transmission. We can still catch it and transmit. This whole mutant strain of it isn't even natural but that's a whole story for another thread and another forum. 

So if the client is vaccinated and waited 2 weeks or whatever after their 2nd dose, then in theory according to the flip flopping mainstream news, he should be fine. It shouldn't matter whether I'm vaxxed or not. After the midterms/holidays no one will be talking about this. This will quietly go away pretty soon. 

On 8/28/2022 at 4:34 AM, FrankR said:

Seriously? Are you trying to be funny? What else are you willing to lie to your clients about, because you need the money? HIV status? That you are on PreP?  
In the words of a wise Jedi: You need to go home and rethink your life. 

Nope I'm serious and just because Im paranoid and don't want to be jabbed for a bioweapon, doesn't mean I lie about my hib negative status. I'm not a prostitute sorry not sorry. Make sure you get your 5th booster!

4 hours ago, Vulgarii said:

I don't have monkeypox though, so lying about being vaccinated is that same thing, especially when the vaccine does not prevent transmission. We can still catch it and transmit. This whole mutant strain of it isn't even natural but that's a whole story for another thread and another forum. 

So if the client is vaccinated and waited 2 weeks or whatever after their 2nd dose, then in theory according to the flip flopping mainstream news, he should be fine. It shouldn't matter whether I'm vaxxed or not. After the midterms/holidays no one will be talking about this. This will quietly go away pretty soon. 

I tried to be nice.  You really should get out of this business with your attitude.  

Yikes, this thread has taken a nasty turn. Here in Maryland, where the numbers are relatively low, I get a text from my doctors office saying "we have the monkeypox vaccine go here to get the shot." I did. It took less then 24 hours, no line, no waiting, I was in and out in about 15 minutes. Funny thing is I felt no real strong need to get the thing, but better safe then sorry. Hope every one has a happy Labor Day weekend. I am actually coming to town for a wedding and may sneak away for a massage (or two) will post any reviews if I do.

Be well.

Terp

Guest MikeThomas

Here in Chicago I was able to get a same day appoint at UI Health.  Have my second appoint in mid-September.  Not hard at all.

MODERATOR FINAL REMINDER:  This post is about the whether to get massages while monkey pox cases are rising.  The place to debate the benefits and risks of the vaccine and other monkey pox concerns is in the existing thread in the Men's Health forum.

Monkeypox a new worry for gay and bi men - Page 28 - Men's Health - The Company of Men

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 4:50 AM, Lfeegrin said:

Bumping this. I guess it’s easier to make light of the issue than to confront it. But I’m definitely worried. There aren’t any real resources in regards to information, vaccinations, and treatment options. I’ve been holding back on going to see even my regulars in fear of possible consequences. From what I’ve read, cases continue to rise and mode of transmission doesn’t even need to be sexual. 

I will not have a massage or engage in sexual activities unless the provider has (I hope.) posted in his ad at RentMen and/or RentMasseur that he's received his doses of the M-pox vaccine and Covid.  I been vaxxed and hope my providers have done likewise and have truthfully posted.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:20 AM, nate_sf said:

Best thing to do in SF is go to the clinic at SF General. They do not take appointments, but in my experience it's very well organized and efficient. I was in and out of there in less than an hour on a weekday mid-morning. My spouse as well as a work colleague reported the same.

Kaiser on Geary also has a walk-in clinic. I'm told you don't need to be a Kaiser member to go, so that could be another option.

https://sf.gov/information/monkeypox-vaccine

For whatever reason, it seems hard to get a vaccination appointment in SF, but the walk-ins are readily available.

I thank Nate for posting the preceding.  Also, in San Francisco, one can go to Magnet/Strut on Castro Street and receive the full doses as well.  Because I live in another county and have received services from the aforementioned agency that's connected with the SF AIDS Foundation, I received my first dosage and will get my second one before the end of this year.

1 hour ago, EVdude said:

For those in NYC, I just got an email stating that starting today appointments for the 2nd MP shot can be scheduled. 

My email/text says only for those who had first shot 10 weeks prior which is not me yet 😪

Edited by JUWS

2 hours ago, JUWS said:

My email/text says only for those who had first shot 10 weeks prior which is not me yet 😪

Same here ☹️

I received the first dose 7/31, and at the time was told I’d receive an e-mail with my second dose appointment 4 weeks from then. Maybe the next batch of appointments will be open to include my first dose date 🤞🏻

In Virginia, if you say that you are a gay male and have had sex with multiple partners in the last 60 days, you can get your link to schedule your appointment within 48 hours.

My 2nd appointment is next Thursday. It notes the follow up should be 28 days. 

Thank you for scheduling your second dose of the Monkeypox vaccine. Your second dose is due AT LEAST 28 DAYS after your first dose. Please do not select an appointment earlier than 28 days after your first dose. If you arrive for an appointment less than 28 days since your first dose, your appointment will be cancelled, and you will need to reschedule. If you booked an appointment too early, please use the link in this email to cancel your appointment, you will receive a separate email with a link to reschedule.

I’m in between my first and second dose for the monkeypox vaccine. I’ll get the second does in three weeks. Meanwhile I’m  hoping to get the new COVID omicron booster. Does anyone know if it’s okay to get these shots close together or if I should wait for my second monkeypox vax before getting the new booster. (Can’t believe we live in a world where this question is relevant!)

Just now, xanadude said:

I’m in between my first and second dose for the monkeypox vaccine. I’ll get the second does in three weeks. Meanwhile I’m  hoping to get the new COVID omicron booster. Does anyone know if it’s okay to get these shots close together or if I should wait for my second monkeypox vax before getting the new booster. (Can’t believe we live in a world where this question is relevant!)

I got a text alert from Duane Reade that omicron booster was available at 5PM Wednesday, and had an appointment for 5:50PM. I didn’t even think about the monkeypox vax (I’m between doses too) but the questionnaire didn’t mention it either. I’m going with it was fine, it will be fine 🤞🏻