What is the quickest you have ever done it?

purplekow
This topic is 760 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was recently considering the fastest I have ever driven a car and it was when I was 19 in a 1964 Oldsmobile 98 with bald tires and I was driving to NYC from Buffalo.  I can recall hitting between 120 and 125 mph on a prolonged strip of Route 17 near Binghamton.    So how quick have you been and how heavy footed on the gas pedal?

my record is 98 mph on the Bonneville Salt Flats in a rented something-or-other....I believe the flats are still open to the public (it's public land) and the best time to drive out on them is around September or October (after the winter/spring/summer moisture dries up and before winter rain)....

https://www.blm.gov/visit/bonneville-salt-flats

bonneville-61.jpg

220 kph (132mph) on the Autoroute de Soliel between Lyons and the French Riveria. It was my sports car but I had let my boyfriend "de jour" (he was a hot Spaniard I had picked up in a bar a couple of nights earlier and we decided to go to St. Tropez) take over the wheel while I had a nap. I suddenly  woke up when I felt the car vibrating and looked over to see the speed. I told him to slow down. That was around 1982.

Like @Beancounter, I was confused by the title. When I was 17, I came with no warning in my pants while chatting with a very hot model, just after watching a gay photographer friend of mine doing a shoot of him for Physique Pictorial.

As for land speed, the top was probably 100mph in my Mercedes E320 on an empty stretch of interstate in west Texas. It was my first driving trip to the Southwest, and I wasn't paying attention until I glanced down at the speedometer.

36 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

115 mph on the German autobahn in a Mercedes AMG GT-63 S.

120 mph on TX SH-130 in a BMW M5.

While I like fast cars, I don't routinely do stupid things like the above speeds.  

40 years ago I hit 200kph or 120mph in my 6 cylinder Mercedes 280 on the autobahn going to Cologne. I was in the slow lane. Lol.

The bigger Mercedes and BMW's were passing me like I was standing still.