$250 for a massage is not a massage

SamMiller213

Rates are getting out of control across the board and masseurs are trying to justify increased costs to significantly increase their rates. I’m not paying over $180 for a 60min massage regardless of what it’s like. The overhead for these masseurs (most of whom operate out of their residence) is not significant and the vast majority don’t even have training.

you're right. It's a figure of speech. Forgive the Regis moment ("I'm out of CONTROL!") -- I just meant that the prices are higher than I recall. Of course, therapists and providers are probably trying to make up for all the revenue they lost during COVID, which I'm sure was extensive. 

For the right guy, I'd be willing to pay a lot; and paying 80 bucks for a crappy massage isn't worth it. 

Thank goodness for this site which allows us to weed through the bad ones to hopefully get to the good ones. 

On 4/11/2022 at 2:07 PM, SamMiller213 said:

Rates are getting out of control across the board and masseurs are trying to justify increased costs to significantly increase their rates. I’m not paying over $180 for a 60min massage regardless of what it’s like. The overhead for these masseurs (most of whom operate out of their residence) is not significant and the vast majority don’t even have training.

Here's a post showing there are true increases in expenses for advertising.   

11 hours ago, Daniel84 said:

I have been advertising with them since 2012. I was paying $89 a month back then and they now bumped me to there Top Package which is $374.. Wtf..  They increased there rates twice in 6 months alone. 

Theres no customer service, and no way to get in touch with a life person. Clients can’t even leave reviews anymore and have tamed the site down so much it’s not even worth advertising on there. 

I wish another company can put them out of business and replace them with a better site. 

i miss Massagem4m.com

FD1160BC-DA34-4D5D-9D86-074900C11400.png

Please do not forget there ARE real LMTs out there. Aka Myself I travel cross country in my car WITH my deluxe top of the line Nova by oakworks table. I am college trained and have taken classes such as body electric and other male workshops. My rates include mutual nude, mutual touching, kissing, oral, body contact, top, vers, kinks. 

At a starting point of I ask 225.hr, 325.90mins, 425.2hrs and 500.3hrs 

Gas to travel 8 hrs to next city: $80.

Name brand matriott hotel 80-250$ (per night)

Table: 400$ plus scleping around a 85# table.

I think instead of saying you'll never pay over 180 for a massage and blaming the provider I think you need to vet your masseurs more. Ask where they trained, where they worked, ask for reputable reviews or client testimonials (rentmen reviews are a great hint) oh me? Having 40 something 5 star positive reviews is not because I'm a fake LMT.

Good day gentlemen and be safe out there.

6 hours ago, RandyVue said:

In Los Angeles $200 for a massage is the norm especially if you like massages with special attention. I think that’s a fair rate especially when you consider Los Angeles rent is extremely expensive.

I’m over everything being talked of being expensive when it comes down to it. It’s not just Los Angeles, but Denver, Madison, Nashville, Tampa, Seattle, Phoenix…all over.  People are paying for 1 bedrooms that you should be able to own a home for. Most can’t really get into one unless they are married, and I see unhappily partnered guys making it work for “the house”. 

That’s why it goes back to what I said in another section about big cities, and how I don’t feel it’s necessary. A bigger city really doesn’t offer more in life than a tiny village, but everyone flocks to those locations and drives everything up. Meanwhile, a state may have 2 or 3 metropolises, yet have dozens of smaller communities and towns….that need people. Especially gay people. I think at some point, gays may need to diversify and start moving out into the smaller towns and make our own cities. Some examples are like Sedona, AZ and Eureka Springs, AR. Even Palm Springs in some ways. I can’t vouch those places are cheap, but it shows it’s possible to create a sensation away from the expensive bigger cities. 

Even in Missouri: most of the gays are either in St. Louis or Kansas City. However the other towns have no gay identity whatsoever. And Kansas City and St. Louis are going up and up with prices: yet there’s no real increase in clients. Just an increase in frustration. 

That said: I’ve decided to boost my donations as well this season. I was doing a 150 as my baseline on a tier similar to how @Brian Kevin stated. But now, I’m wanting to move towards a 165 or 175 baseline, so that a pre-deposit can  be made and let the remainder be ATM friendly. But it’s not a case of COVID recovery (actually was busier at times during COVID 20/21 than I am now). It’s more of a case of needing to level up and increase incentive. 

$150 and $200 can be gone in a day if things aren’t steady paced. Also: if I was able to reach more clients at a lower rate, I would probably be okay. But there’s so many guys popping up: the opposite is needed; higher rates to make up for the fact that there’s fewer (serious) clients partly because there’s so many more guys doing this.  

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut

21 hours ago, sam.fitzpatrick said:

Here's a post showing there are true increases in expenses for advertising.   

Gawd damn. I have been with masseurfinder for almost ten years and still only pay $60. I was lucky to have been grandfathered in. Business has been unusually slow this year already so paying that much for that website isn't really worth it. 

I've suspected for years that the site has favorites and they sometimes make masseurs profiles disappear, or their phone numbers disappear during the weekends. They've deleted all my reviews since 2013 and also didnt tell me that since 2018, clients have to send their reviews to masseurs to submit. Like you can trust masseurs with that!

21 hours ago, Brian Kevin said:

Please do not forget there ARE real LMTs out there. Aka Myself I travel cross country in my car WITH my deluxe top of the line Nova by oakworks table. I am college trained and have taken classes such as body electric and other male workshops. My rates include mutual nude, mutual touching, kissing, oral, body contact, top, vers, kinks. 

At a starting point of I ask 225.hr, 325.90mins, 425.2hrs and 500.3hrs 

Gas to travel 8 hrs to next city: $80.

Name brand matriott hotel 80-250$ (per night)

Table: 400$ plus scleping around a 85# table.

I think instead of saying you'll never pay over 180 for a massage and blaming the provider I think you need to vet your masseurs more. Ask where they trained, where they worked, ask for reputable reviews or client testimonials (rentmen reviews are a great hint) oh me? Having 40 something 5 star positive reviews is not because I'm a fake LMT.

Good day gentlemen and be safe out there.

But you include much more than a massage and that's your choice. I would charge that much or more if I had to travel and lug around my table, and be naked and sensual with every client, which I have no interest in doing.

21 hours ago, RandyVue said:

In Los Angeles $200 for a massage is the norm especially if you like massages with special attention. I think that’s a fair rate especially when you consider Los Angeles rent is extremely expensive.

Wow. I live in l.a. I don't charge even half that, yet some regular clients will pay/tip me that. I keep my rates low to stay busy and to attract the younger cuter clientele that can afford it. I don't want to be nude or erotic men everyday especially older men, so I never wanted to advertise with the same rates as the "erotic masseurs." 

2020 was one of my best lucrative years and 2021 was great too. It's so slow right now that other masseurs have asked me to help them get business or do 4 hand massages.

La isn't expensive if you just live within your means, buy groceries at the dollar store lol and don't live in some new apt complex along sunset. 

My upper limit has traditionally been $160, and I would tip generously for a great massage. While there has definitely been a push to charge more, I find it interesting that some of my favorites haven´t jacked up their rates and are actually still under $160, so they get extra generous tips.  Maybe I´ll be compelled to try someone with great reviews at $180, but I will definitely refuse $200.  It's just a matter of principle.  I feel that greedy masseurs tend to treat you like an ATM anyway so the chemistry often sucks.  And now we have even less reason to bother given the insanity of the prices.

https://www.masseurfinder.com/massage-therapists/13627/

https://www.masseurfinder.com/massage-therapists/36718/

It’s inevitable rates will rise. My costs have gone up. The rental for the studio where I work has increased, fuel is more, so is advertising. All direct costs have risen. My rates are in line with the quality market for London, there’s cheaper sensual masseurs but those are the ‘here today gone tomorrow’ variety who pick and choose their clients (it’s a hobby for them) or they’re doing a ‘rub and tug’ and ‘you’re not allowed to touch me’ kind of service.

I put up my rate last year for my 1 hour session by a small amount to test the market and there was no discernible impact on demand. I can see I’ll have to increase rates across the board soon though.

I don’t charge for extra services, it’s all time based, but I do like to provide a full service and a proper thorough massage so I think this helps me keep busy even though there’s lots of cheaper guys in the London market. As always it’s the value that is relevant to consider, not just the price. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am rather shocked by all these posts questioning an increase in rates.

Are NONE of you aware the dollar collapsed ?

EVERYTHING will go up. That's Basic economic theory.

Print more money ( a LOT of Money btw during the Covid panic ) and the value of your dollar bill goes down

Edited by pubic_assistance

4 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

I am rather shocked by all these posts questioning an increase in rates.

Are NONE of you aware the dollar collapsed ?

EVERYTHING will go up. That's Basic economic theory.

Print more money ( a LOT of Money btw during the Covid panic ) and the value of your dollar bill goes down

I get that, but I refuse to pay rates that surpass the rate of wage inflation. Everyone is taking a hit in their living standards, and masseurs shouldn't expect to simply price in everything. I get a sense that some are trying to go beyond that.  It is their legitimate right to try, but it's also my legitimate right to resist and to talk about it here too 😉