What Would You Put On Your Epitaph?

MysticMenace

I haven't left it to my family to write my epitaph. I did it myself a few years ago when I erected a stone in the cemetery where I am to be buried. I had the stonemason carve in some lines from Wordsworth from his Ode: Intimations of Immortality"  

They include the words" tho nothing can recall the hour, of splendour in the grass, glory in the flower"

I substituted"recall" for "bring back" and a few other slight alterations since I was paying a lot for each word and why use two or three words when one will do. I hope Wordsworth would not have minded. But his name is WordsWORTH, after all. Lol.

Like Luv2play I decided, a year ago, to take care of own my funeral arrangements.  I had the usual information engraved on the headstone and then had to decide on one of two quotes that I love.  1.) The old Frank Sinatra song title "I Did It My Way"  or 2.) the title of an old Mexican Ranchera song, by Jose Alfredo Jimenez "La Vida No Vale Nada" (Life is Worthless).  After much lobbying by a very dear friend, who absolutely hated number 2.), I finally settled on number 1.) "I Did It my Way".  I'm still half tempted to have number 2.) added as well but likely won't. 

14 hours ago, Epigonos said:

Like Luv2play I decided, a year ago, to take care of own my funeral arrangements.  I had the usual information engraved on the headstone and then had to decide on one of two quotes that I love.  1.) The old Frank Sinatra song title "I Did It My Way"  or 2.) the title of an old Mexican Ranchera song, by Jose Alfredo Jimenez "La Vida No Vale Nada" (Life is Worthless).  After much lobbying by a very dear friend, who absolutely hated number 2.), I finally settled on number 1.) "I Did It my Way".  I'm still half tempted to have number 2.) added as well but likely won't. 

Are you really doing it your way if your friend coerces you to choose number one~?

Edited by Tygerscent

Actually Tygerscent coerce is too strong a work.  She simply pointed out that many wouldn't understand the Spanish and that she felt that "I Did It My Way" represented me better.  As I was basically ambivalent regarding which to use going with number one was easy.  However, you do have a point. 

Edited by Epigonos

I Was Hoping For a Pyramid. | Glenwood Cemetery. Oneida, New… | Flickr

That one reminds me of that Steve Martin SNL sketch in which he sang "Now when I die--now don't think I'm a nut--don't want to fancy funeral. Just one like ol' King Tut!"

12 minutes ago, samhexum said:

81CDE721-E240-4469-9397-498B34ECA7D3.jpeg

You also have a bad case of shingles?

No, not the shingles but, the worst case of the peckers and nut busters you’ve ever seen~ 

There are 28 bird houses in that sculpture~ 
 Said to house birds and squirrels throughout the cold winter months in Vallensbæk Mose, Copenhagen~ 

I probably would have liked something good to be written first of all. I don't want to see bad things at a time like this. Also you can add information about what is really true, for example the fact that I have often visited sex video chat roulette, which is this site I think people should know which site is really the best.

Edited by Chubakazubaka

41 minutes ago, Chubakazubaka said:

I probably would have liked something good to be written first of all. I don't want to see bad things at a time like this. Also you can add information about what is really true, for example the fact that I have often visited sex video chat roulette, which is this site I think people should know which site is really the best.

If you can come up with a user name like @Chubakazubakamy guess is your epitaph will be equally as colorful.