COVID Restrictions - Palm Springs?

sam.fitzpatrick
This topic is 978 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Today I received this message from INNdulge (even though my next reservation is in April.)

We are now requiring proof of vaccination at check-in.

If you have a reservation with us an diwll not be fully vaccinated prior to your check-in date, please contact us immerdiately so that we may assist you in making other arrangements.

As of August 26, you will also need your proof of vaccination to access all bars and restaurants in Palm Springs.  

Please stay safe and healthy.  We hope to see you all very soon again.

Are these new restrictions specific to Palm Springs?

28 minutes ago, sam.fitzpatrick said:

Today I received this message from INNdulge (even though my next reservation is in April.)

We are now requiring proof of vaccination at check-in.

If you have a reservation with us an diwll not be fully vaccinated prior to your check-in date, please contact us immerdiately so that we may assist you in making other arrangements.

As of August 26, you will also need your proof of vaccination to access all bars and restaurants in Palm Springs.  

Please stay safe and healthy.  We hope to see you all very soon again.

Are these new restrictions specific to Palm Springs?

Are they saying what sort of proof is required. I take it the states have not authorized vaccine passports. Or am I wrong?

I received the same email from INNdulge as well.  I also found where Palm Springs City Council passed an ordinance on Wednesday, August 4 requiring proof of COVID vaccination to eat indoors at restaurants, bars and "large-scale" ticketed events.  see: https://abc7.com/covid-vaccine-mandate-palm-springs-bars/10932134/

As far as I can tell, it pertains to the City of Palm Springs and not the entire state of California.  Perhaps some of our peeps in California can let use know what to expect when visiting The Golden State!

Yep, I received the same e-mail. I'll be double-vaxxed by the time I can travel to the US and from what Qantas is saying I'll have to have the IATA vaccine app to travel. I will also have my Medicare app certification but I'm not sure a foreign certification would be enough. Perhaps the paper Australian Government vaccination card will carry more weight!

1 hour ago, mike carey said:

Yep, I received the same e-mail. I'll be double-vaxxed by the time I can travel to the US and from what Qantas is saying I'll have to have the IATA vaccine app to travel. I will also have my Medicare app certification but I'm not sure a foreign certification would be enough. Perhaps the paper Australian Government vaccination card will carry more weight!

Proof of vaccination in the US consists of cheap mass-printed cards that are filled in by hand by whoever happens to stick the needle in you at _______ (fill in the blank with any location you can imagine such as a park, trailer, Walmart). So I'm sure whatever proof the Australian government ends up giving you will be more than acceptable in the US.

On each of the cheap mass-printed cards that are used in the U.S. the person who fills in the information adds an individual ID number.  The number is usually in the upper right hand corner above the CDC logo.  If one goes to the state official covid vaccination site and used that number as a pin the individuals pertinent information  comes up with a bar code. One can download a hard copy of the information and bar code or put it on ones cell phone.  Likely this is the future of vaccination proof here in California. 

Edited by Epigonos

20 minutes ago, Epigonos said:

On each of the cheap mass-printed cards that are used in the U.S. the person who fills in the information add an individual ID number.  If one goes to the state official covid vaccination site and used that number as a pin the individuals pertinent information  comes up with a bar code. One can download a hard copy of the information and bar code or put it on ones cell phone.  Likely this is the future of vaccination proof here in California. 

Thanks for posting this information, @Epigonos👍

4 hours ago, Epigonos said:

On each of the cheap mass-printed cards that are used in the U.S. the person who fills in the information adds an individual ID number.  The number is usually in the upper right hand corner above the CDC logo.  If one goes to the state official covid vaccination site and used that number as a pin the individuals pertinent information  comes up with a bar code. One can download a hard copy of the information and bar code or put it on ones cell phone.  Likely this is the future of vaccination proof here in California. 

Now I feel the need to find my cheap, mass-printed card to find the individual ID number.  I put it somewhere safe, just in case I ever need it again, but I haven't seen it since April.

6 hours ago, Epigonos said:

Mine does not have a code. So it maybe a California thing you are talking about.

I also don't have a place for an ID number at upper right near the CDC logo.....

besides my name and birthdate, the only special "codes" on my vaccine card are the "product name/manufacturer" (lot #) and the date/location of the two shots.....

I presume millions of US residents have this setup on their card......seems ripe for faking, now that I think about it.....

1 hour ago, Epigonos said:

The way I stated it above may very well be a California thing.  Try a google search for a official covid vaccination site for your state.  To access your information you may have to create a individual password. 

I just looked at my California vaccination card, vaccinated by the city of Los Angeles. There is no ID number near the CDC logo. I did get a QSR code from Carbon Health, the provider that was working with the city of Los Angeles to administer the vaccines. I also signed up online at gogetvax (google it, they do a good verification) and got a scannable code from them, you do have to trust them with some personal info there. Both scannable codes loaded to my Apple wallet, and I also keep a separate photo album “documents” in my phone for docs such at these.

None of these helped me with recent trips to Hawaii, the state had a whole separate process for PCR testing and ultimately accepting vaccination cards.

2 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

I also don't have a place for an ID number at upper right near the CDC logo.....

besides my name and birthdate, the only special "codes" on my vaccine card are the "product name/manufacturer" (lot #) and the date/location of the two shots.....

I presume millions of US residents have this setup on their card......seems ripe for faking, now that I think about it.....

Same for me.  I live in California and there is nothing written on the card except my first and last name (middle name and/or initial omitted), my birthdate, the Manufacturer's "lot number" and the date and location where I got the vaccine.  

I agree with azdr0710, "......seems ripe for faking, now that I think about it....."

CA dept of public health also has official site... load your vaccine record onto phone. 

https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

Vaccination proof increasingly prevalent.  Common throughout State of CA... some entire industries, like healthcare, government, many giant employers. Facebook, Google, Disney, United Air, etc 

some businesses using https://www.clearme.com/vaccine-validation  

22 hours ago, Charlie said:

We were vaccinated in Riverside County, and we don't have codes on our cards either.

When I went to the website yesterday, I filled in the info from my card, and I immediately got an email back from them with the scan for my code. However, when I did the same with the info from my spouse's card, the email came back saying his info didn't match the info in their registry, so now we have to go back to the vaccination provider to find out what went wrong.

Charlie when I returned to my retrieval site the second time I also received the message stating that my information didn't match the information in their registry.  I was furious.  It turned out that I had originally listed my home land line number not my cell number.  I was using my cell number.  The minute I changed to my land line number up came the information.  You might want to check to see that the information you are inputting is exactly the same as the original information.

Edited by Epigonos

2 hours ago, Charlie said:

When I went to the website yesterday, I filled in the info from my card, and I immediately got an email back from them with the scan for my code. However, when I did the same with the info from my spouse's card, the email came back saying his info didn't match the info in their registry, so now we have to go back to the vaccination provider to find out what went wrong.

Could be a misspelling or previous address in the profile info they uploaded to the state. 

2 hours ago, Epigonos said:

Charlie when I returned to my retrieval site the second time I also received the message stating that my information didn't match the information in their registry.  I was furious.  It turned out that I had originally listed my home land line number not my cell number.  I was using my cell number.  The minute I changed to my land line number up can the information.  You might want to check to see that the information you are inputting is exactly the same as the original information.

Instead of a cell phone number, I used my email address on all my interactions with the providers, and they always sent confirmation information to him at that email address.