COVID Restrictions - Palm Springs?

sam.fitzpatrick
This topic is 988 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

1 hour ago, FreshFluff said:

Could be a misspelling or previous address in the profile info they uploaded to the state. 

The problem is that they won't tell you what piece of information is the problem so you can correct it. To make matters worse, I went to the provider (Riverside University Health Systems--RUHS) this morning, and they said they weren't really the provider for our first shots, even though they are listed as such on our cards; they don't have our first shots in their records, and so far they haven't been able to provide the identity of the actual provider. Nevertheless, the state got MY first shot info correctly from whoever gave us the first shots, so I don't know if that is the cause of the mix-up with my spouse's registration. What a mess!

Right now the vaccination restrictions are on the local and county levels.

Yesterday San Francisco's vaccine requirements became effective, which requires proof of vaccination for entering indoor bars, restaurants, gyms, and other crowded places. I went to my gym yesterday and had to show my vaccination card, and they entered it into their system so I only have to show it once.

Interestingly, I received a notice from the gym earlier that said proof of vaccination would be required for all of their Northern California locations, not just SF where it's required by the local order. I'm guessing other businesses may go this route, either because it's easier to implement across the board rather than have a patchwork, or maybe they expect orders like this to expand to other areas in the future. It might also be a way to get customers back... I've noticed a drop in attendance at the gym, and at bars since the delta variant has taken hold and people have had to return to masking. I'll admit when I went to the gym yesterday I liked the idea that everyone in there was vaccinated (at least among customers... employees have an additional month to comply). So as much as it may seem the vaccine requirements might drive some customers away, conversely it might attract others to come back. 

But of course the vaccine cards are easy to forge. There has already been a booming cottage industry among college students, as many colleges and universities are requiring proof of vaccination to be on campus. It's just a piece of cardstock after all, and a blank card could be easily produced using a simple laser printer and card stock. However a forged card would not be able to be matched against a database.

Edited by nate_sf

There is an article in today's local paper about the gay bars in downtown PS essentially agreeing as a group to require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test from all customers. Therefore, if if you are planning to visit from out of town, be sure to bring your CDC card or a photo of it on your phone.