"Gone but not forgotten", what fellow posters do you miss?

glutes

A message from the Administrators and Moderators. 

From the Guidelines: “The public forums are not an appropriate venue for criticizing the staff or ownership of the site.” 

If you disagree with an action taken by a Moderator or Administrator you can submit a message to “contact us”. The link is found on the bottom of every page along with the Guidelines. All moderators will receive your message and will review your dispute. 

I strongly suggest that members review these Guidelines and note the warning points associated with this violation.

Some posters I miss because we tended to like the same types of gents, so seeing them post about one usually eliminated the need for a 411 post of my own. One poster was another businessman who travelled like me - “something-lucas”, another had the moniker “yankman” I believe. Another was “TheOtherGuy” - I believe he had a meltdown at some point over something posted and *poof* he was gone. JTBrooklyn was another - and now the name that was just in the tip of my tongue is gone for a UK poster who always had the 411 on London gents. 

Some posters I miss because their posts were just off the wall - I’m thinking here of Avalon and a few others. I’d be tempted to put Steve Kessler in this category just because his posts were thesis length, not because they were off the wall. 

Some other posters I miss are GeminiBear, TrueReview, RickMunro, JuanVancover, and some others I just can’t recall their monikers now. While I miss their contributions here, fortunately I am still in touch outside the forum with some of them. 

BBD

On 8/8/2021 at 3:41 PM, JoeMendoza said:

seems like a majority missed @bigvalboy and @Fin Fang Foom - gotta start reading their posts

Fin Fang Foom was very talented at wordsmithing, I would not be surprised if he were a professional writer. The funniest post he ever did was where he broke down line-by-line a review someone did of Benjamin Nichols on a Key West trip. I have searched and can not find that thread, but it was creatively written and a damn good laugh. 

Three more that I have been reminded about that I am missing their posts are Silver Dollar, GAJETEK (Georgia Tech) and there was a lady in Texas that her name was something like a clown or had clown in her name, this goes back about 15 years. She was funny.

9 minutes ago, cougar said:

Three more that I have been reminded about that I am missing their posts are Silver Dollar, GAJETEK (Georgia Tech) and there was a lady in Texas that her name was something like a clown or had clown in her name, this goes back about 15 years. She was funny.

@SilverDollarisn’t missing….he’s here

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 11:31 AM, BtmBearDad said:

Some posters I miss because we tended to like the same types of gents, so seeing them post about one usually eliminated the need for a 411 post of my own. One poster was another businessman who travelled like me - “something-lucas”, another had the moniker “yankman” I believe. Another was “TheOtherGuy” - I believe he had a meltdown at some point over something posted and *poof* he was gone. JTBrooklyn was another - and now the name that was just in the tip of my tongue is gone for a UK poster who always had the 411 on London gents. 
BBD

Yes, thanks for reminding me of JTBrooklyn, I had forgotten about him and I usually liked his postings. Is he still with us?

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

I miss @Good Grief 

I met Good Grief in Atlanta about five or six years ago for a few days of fun and frolic....Swinging Richards, BJ Roosters, the Coke Museum, the aquarium, BBQ, Buckhead, Paces Ferry Road (I commented, "gee, that house even has it's own guard station" and GG replied that's the governor's mansion!), Piedmont Park, grits, biscuits and gravy....he arranged a great 2BR airbnb.......

he needed the vacation as his wife had left him for her high-school sweetheart and took his beloved kids with her.....a year or so later, he died, only in his mid 50s......

5 minutes ago, azdr0710 said:

I met Good Grief in Atlanta about five or six years ago for a few days of fun and frolic....Swinging Richards, BJ Roosters, the Coke Museum, the aquarium, BBQ, Buckhead, Paces Ferry Road (I commented, "gee, that house even has it's own guard station" and GG replied that's the governor's mansion!), Piedmont Park, grits, biscuits and gravy....he arranged a great 2BR airbnb.......

he needed the vacation as his wife had left him for her high-school sweetheart and took his beloved kids with her.....a year or so later, he died, only in his mid 50s......

Yes, I remember. I think you informed us of his passing! Very sad!