"Gone but not forgotten", what fellow posters do you miss?

glutes

18 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

You decided to bring up dugh60.

I'm afraid you've got the wrong person, sir. I was about the fourth or fifth person to mention him, and it was indirectly in response to the suggestion he was the same another account made by someone else here. 

4 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

ask the moderators and they'll find out and expose him!

There’ve always been members with multiple screen names and there’ve always been members claiming other members have multiple screen names. GuyFromIpanema makes this claim as well as suggesting the person behind the screen names is still an active member. Included in his claim he states “…I can assure you.” I simply wondered if his other screen name was one I was familiar with and one whose opinion I trusted; nothing more.

9 hours ago, augustus said:

Avalon was a PITA on here.  After being banned here he moved to the other site.  His health seemed to deteriorate and I recall him moving into a nursing home of some sort.  That was pre-COVID.  He hasn't posted on that other site for several years.  I suspect he is in a better place now.  

24 minutes ago, EZEtoGRU said:

Avalon was a PITA on here. 

He was harmless and didn’t deserve his treatment.  A simple “ignore” would have fixed it fir anyone he was a PITA too…but I do suspect he’s passed on.  

I developed a nice friendly relationship with Avalon: during his time here we exchanged a lot of private messages and, after he was banned, we continued corresponding by e-mail. Yes, his health was bad: he had serious mobility problems due to arthritis, he was diabetic, and had other ailments. He finally moved into a nursing home, before covid. He didn’t reply to the last e-mail I sent him back in March 2021, so I share the view that he most certainly has passed. 😪

• Cooper locked this topic