Which male medical/cosmetic procedures are actually worth it?

EastCoastBtm

Any thought or feedback on which medical and/or cosmetic procedures are actually worth it?

I'm coming off of 18 months of not doing much during COVID and feeling kind of down about my appearance.  I have a ton of cash saved and some bonuses coming between now and March.  I will spend some on boys, but thinking I should consider spending some on myself, literally.

I've been a 5 year user of Botox and love it.  This Mo will gettin' back his Bo next month.  

I'm curious about Sculpsure and liposuction to help me shed some of the COVID 19, pounds that is.

Anything else you guys would recommend? Other facial procedures?  Weight/fat loss help?

A few years ago I had some fat removed from my love handles, which are practically gone, and injected into my hands and temples. The look is discreet but very pleasing. It’s an overnight process, but the healing was rapid. I tolerated it so well that I may have some injected into my lower face to prevent jowls. I also use filler from time to time and Botox. It’s all about the maintenance.

My answer is ANY process that makes you feel better about yourself is a process worth doing.   Noone sees eye to eye on these things,    Its all about how you feel when you look in the mirror.

Last year I had facial surgery and needed reconstruction.  I was left with some scarring so decided to do Laser and microdermabrasion.  I am happy with that result...

You also have to consider your age and what a REALISTIC result will be.   I am 70 and never expect to look 40 with ANY procedure.    There are always teel-tale signs of your age unless you make certain EVERY single part, nook and cranny of your body is a consistent MATCH....   You can fix a turkey neck, but if your hands look Skeletor, you are busted....  Unless you have a FULL face neck, eye and brow lift, any ONE of those procedures alone will not make you happy.   About a year ago I had a consult on a FULL face and neck re-do, eyes included, and it was about !00K.    I made th appt, and then discovered I had facial cancer.   THAT became the priority.    Now I am almost on the other side of that, so reconsidering if at 70 I should spend 100K,  or put it in my long term health care fund ?    Afterall my pretty boy cruising days are long past....  Now, if I want sex, its in a dark back room,  although @marylander1940will tell you I've been doing that ALL along  😏

23 minutes ago, azdr0710 said:

Gee, what about good ol' daily cardio, weight training, and healthy eating?  

Yeap... I got one of those down....  the healthy eating.... but I have been very limited with lifting and cardio because of an ankle injury/surgery and torn rotator cuff/shoulder injury.... so we do what we can @azdr0710 !!  I'm not asking for miracles here....

32 minutes ago, azdr0710 said:

Gee, what about good ol' daily cardio, weight training, and healthy eating?  

There are tons of people going to gyms and claiming do "do ALL that", yet they get very little results...    They fail to take into account body type and genetics, which play a MAJOR part in physical maintenance and appearance,....  No matter how much cardio I do, how much kale I eat, or how many kettle bells I swing, I aint NEVER gonna look like @Benjamin_Nicholas😩

I got a tummy tuck three years after being overweight my whole life. Was 245 lbs at my biggest and now I’m about 130 lbs. I couldn’t loose the stomach flab from excess skin and decided to do the surgery. The recovery part was not fun and I have a big scar, but I don’t regret any of it at all because it makes me feel better.  Want to try other procedures too, but always think about recovery, money, and the worth of it.

3 hours ago, EastCoastBtm said:

Any thought or feedback on which medical and/or cosmetic procedures are actually worth it?

I'm coming off of 18 months of not doing much during COVID and feeling kind of down about my appearance.  I have a ton of cash saved and some bonuses coming between now and March.  I will spend some on boys, but thinking I should consider spending some on myself, literally.

I've been a 5 year user of Botox and love it.  This Mo will gettin' back his Bo next month.  

I'm curious about Sculpsure and liposuction to help me shed some of the COVID 19, pounds that is.

Anything else you guys would recommend? Other facial procedures?  Weight/fat loss help?

When deciding on a surgical cosmetic procedure, be sure to verify the credentials and reviews of the particular doctor who will do your surgery. 

One person I know got a face lift.

He had to have the surgery redone by a different surgeon. 

The first surgery healed fine but it left the man with a permanent grinning smile on his face that he could not change.  This caused him problems when talking with clients and friends about serious matters.  It always looked like he was about to laugh while in any discussion.  Even when he was at rest or reading or sitting or eating, the strong grim was on his face.  

Fortunately, the second surgeon was able to correct the bad work of the first surgeon.   

2 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

eye jobs almost always look obvious to me....changes the appearance of the person to something they never looked like before......

Old school eye jobs are about removing stuff and that only changes you. If you want to restore yourself you have to add volume or lift the face up though. 

Edited by caliguy

10 hours ago, caliguy said:

Old school eye jobs are about removing stuff and that only changes you. If you want to restore yourself you have to add volume or lift the face up though. 

Eye jobs usually remove fatty pads that have formed in the orbital cavity or below the eyes..causing a droopy, closed off look.   Removing them and tightening the skin can restore a previous appearance... Only bad surgeons cant accomplish this, so do your homework ! 

44 minutes ago, jjkrkwood said:

Eye jobs usually remove fatty pads that have formed in the orbital cavity or below the eyes..causing a droopy, closed off look.   Removing them and tightening the skin can restore a previous appearance... Only bad surgeons cant accomplish this, so do your homework ! 

Actually I have. Just removing the fat pads is old school technology. It can create an unnatural hollowed out look. It it's minor then filler or fat grafting can fix it. If it's more then fat repositioning and/or doing a mid cheek lift is the best way. It all deals with the cause instead of just the effects. 

Edited by caliguy

Over the last few years, I've worked to lose a bunch of weight....  all said I've dropped around 150 pounds.  Afterwards, I had a ton of excess skin and as a result I had a tummy tuck and a flank lift done.  There were a few spots afterwards that I was still not quite happy with so I also had smart (laser) lipo to touch up the upper part of my stomach.  

Ultimately if you're looking to make a change, the question would be what do you like and dislike about yourself.  From there it comes down to what procedure would be best to make you feel better about it.  A site that was super helpful to me was www.realself.com.  It has details about tons of different procedures as well as what are different options for different parts of the body.  There are real doctors that post and give advice there and was actually how I found my surgeon (who coincidentally was the same one who reattached John Wayne Bobbit's dong after being lobbed off).  

Facial Fillers, in my opinion better than Botox.

Body contouring (Lipo sculpture).

Hair Transplant.

All these procedures provide results that cannot be achieved by "natural" methods and the results are worth the money, but each has a tricky side. In the case of your interest for liposuction you have to be VERY disciplined for at least 6 months to a year with your diet to make those results stay. Discuss with your practitioner some options if you are not that disciplined. Things like fat burners, appetite suppressants, and a gym membership will help a lot to make those results permanent.

One of my colleagues is a plastic surgeon, and I've helped him out on some surgeries. I've seen it all, from ear pinning to nipple reduction. From an effectiveness standpoint, if you're not very overweight, liposuction of problem areas yield results that are perfectly realistic. Injecting the fat into areas (such as a butt lift) also yield great results. Recovery is not bad at all (except with butt-lifts you can't sit down for a few weeks). Lid lifts are surprisingly realistic-looking. Hair transplants are now done without a big scar (if you qualify). If you want a stronger chin, filler works well there.

Then you get into the "improved, but it's obvious work was done" category like rhinoplasties and tummy tucks.

Lastly, there's the "avoid because it usually looks worse" category like pec/calf/bicep implants. I would also put facelifts into this category. Seems like minor facelifts barely make any difference while aggressive ones always look bad.

I would avoid anything on the penis. Girth procedures can be very hit-or-miss with permanent deformity, and lengthening produces small changes and a very painful recovery.

Edited by AndreG

23 minutes ago, AndreG said:

One of my colleagues is a plastic surgeon, and I've helped him out on some surgeries. I've seen it all, from ear pinning to nipple reduction. From an effectiveness standpoint, if you're not very overweight, liposuction of problem areas yield results that are perfectly realistic. Injecting the fat into areas (such as a butt lift) also yield great results. Recovery is not bad at all (except with butt-lifts you can't sit down for a few weeks). Lid lifts are surprisingly realistic-looking. Hair transplants are now done without a big scar (if you qualify). If you want a stronger chin, filler works well there.

Then you get into the "improved, but it's obvious work was done" category like rhinoplasties and tummy tucks.

Lastly, there's the "avoid because it usually looks worse" category like pec/calf/bicep implants. I would also put facelifts into this category. Seems like minor facelifts barely make any difference while aggressive ones always look bad.

I would avoid anything on the penis. Girth procedures can be very hit-or-miss with permanent deformity, and lengthening produces small changes and a very painful recovery.

Well, there goes my penile enhancement surgery..... Now what do i do with the little nest egg I saved for it, not to mention a collection of New banana hammocks for my new "junk" ?  🤔

Edited by jjkrkwood