Poppers Irreversible Eye Damage if you are 40+ and Predisposed

lonely_john
This topic is 909 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

spacer.png

I've noticed that poppers is starting to have an impact on my vision after I use it, and that this temporary impairment on my vision lasts for about 3 days. Even though it's something temporary, it worries me that it could become permanent so I thought of asking others if you have found alternatives to Poppers that are safer in helping you taking big cocks.

Thanks to the collaboration of some forum members I was directed to the appropriate sources of information which led me to other relevant sources.

Unfortunately I'm a minority within the minority as this seems to mostly affect those who have been long term users, predisposed to develop Eye Maculopathy, and are 40 years of age and older. The problem is that you don't know if you are within the group or how serious this can be until it happens to you.

This is the 2nd time it happens to me in several years but the effect was so strong this time that I suppose this my wake up call to stop using them and I can mention the brand to warn others. Yes, that image above. But regardless, even though the vision impairment was a lot less with other brands, I wasn't feeling much better even using DoubleScorpio. I could still "see" some eye disturbances. Below is an image of what happens when the lesion occurs in your eyes.

spacer.png

Figure 1.0: Poppers maculopathy A) Colored fundus photography of the left eye showing yellow deposits at the fovea.
B) OCT showing disrupted foveal photoreceptor inner-outer segment layer.

To those folks aged 39 or younger, enjoy poppers while you still can use it without "risk", but always in moderation. And if you see any significant changes in your vision, no matter your age, make an informed decision as you might be taking too much risk with your vision health. Please Stay safe.

Edited by lonely_john

7 hours ago, nycman said:

Definitely ditch the poppers…..

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5751859/

I’d say all you need is a shot of Tequila…..and a top who’s good at opening holes.

Thanks for sharing this. I always like to make informed decisions and it seems this was a wake up call for me to stop. I'm just too old to lose my eyesight now. The problem now is to find someone to sell them 4 brand new bottles of poppers that I have, haha.

10 hours ago, arnie said:

Do not ever use them again.  You were "lucky" that it only lasted 3 days.  Next time could be worse and longer.  Maybe just a shot of booze or a joint to relax you.  You have to try them out.  

Thanks for the sensitive advice. I've never been a power bottom so I always relied on chemical aids to be able to handle BIG ones. Booze and weed definitely sounds like a more "natural" approach. It sucks to be part of that 2% that got their eyesight affected by poppers. I enjoyed them so much 😭

• lonely_john changed the title to Poppers Causing Eye Damage in Long Term Users aged 40+
8 hours ago, nycman said:

Definitely ditch the poppers…..

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5751859/

I’d say all you need is a shot of Tequila…..and a top who’s good at opening holes.

@nycman I found some encouraging information that I thought I could share here as it seems that for the most part the symptoms are temporary, and disappear after cessation, but the damage can become permanent, especially after continued use at an older age:

"Cases of patients with complete recovery after 3-6 months have been reported after drug cessation and oral LUTEIN supplementation."

https://eyesoneyecare.com/resources/optometrists-guide-to-poppers-maculopathy/

I also found reports of several other people from Poppersguide.com where some reported that their eye-sight returned back to normal after as long as 1 YEAR! Scary 🥶

• lonely_john changed the title to Poppers Irreversible Eye Damage if you are 40+ and Predisposed
1 hour ago, lonely_john said:

Thanks for the sensitive advice. I've never been a power bottom so I always relied on chemical aids to be able to handle BIG ones. Booze and weed definitely sounds like a more "natural" approach. It sucks to be part of that 2% that got their eyesight affected by poppers. I enjoyed them so much 😭

Really ?  what's to enjoy ?   just sniff the crotch and ass of a dirty pair of underwear that hasnt been washed in a month.  Should give you the same effect, without the eye problem, however, you just may become addickted to Underwear sniffing ?  🤔

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

I am not having trouble reading any of this. I am over 40, and I have used a lot of poppers. Not much recently though. I do not know anyone who has had vision problems following popper use.

That's ok. Then your nickname fits you perfectly because you would be among the 70-to-90% of users who won't experience any vision problems after using poppers. Perhaps in my case it counts that I've been a long-term and heavy user and I relied for too long on poppers to be able to experience pleasure while being penetrated.

One of the problems with "poppers" is that it is a generic term for chemical solutions that are not uniform from one brand to another. When I started using poppers sixty years ago, all that was available was medicinal amyl nitrate in little glass ampules wrapped in yellow fabric that one bought from a pharmacy with a prescription (my grandfather had used it in the 1920s for his heart problems); one broke the container --hence "poppers"--and sniffed until it lost potency. I was lucky that I had a friend who was a pharmacist and provided them to me under the counter. During the 1970s in Amsterdam, I went home with a chemist who made his own 🙃, and we had sex under sheets soaked in it!  In the early days of the AIDS epidemic, it was mistakenly believed that poppers might be the cause of Kaposi's sarcoma, often a symptom of AIDS, and at that point the gov't stepped in to make it harder to get medicinal quality amyl nitrate. The composition of recreational poppers was changed to facilitate the legal sale of commercial brands over the counter, and they were advertised as things like "room freshener."

Unfortunately, I have never used anything else that has the same effect on me--liquor makes me sleepy rather than horny, and other drugs screw up my head too much and for too long. Too much of the commercial brands usually gave me a headache, but I have never been personally aware of any vision problems related to using it--this is the first time I have ever heard of that. I used them off and on for about 50 years, and my own vision is still excellent, but if they seem to affect yours, then I would not take a chance on developing maculopathy; macular degeneration runs in my family, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Edited by Charlie

14 hours ago, Charlie said:

I was lucky that I had a friend who was a pharmacist and provided them to me under the counter. During the 1970s in Amsterdam, I went home with a chemist who made his own 🙃, and we had sex under sheets soaked in it!

Dear @Charlie you are the perfect example that old times were always better.

I'll stop poppers for 6 months and supplement daily with Lutein in the hopes to get back my vision to a 100%, but I'm still debating with my STUPID self if I should sell those bottles or keep them (I already moved them from my night table to the storage) for a future "emergency" 🙈 but taking it with extreme moderation. Poppers helps yes, but but I'm not willing to lose my vision for a few minutes of pleasure.

Edited by lonely_john

I was always more concerned about what poppers was doing to my blood pressure. They gave me such a sensation of blood rushing to my head that I thought I was going to burst a blood vessel. So I quit using them by the 1980's. 

It was around then that a sex partner spilled some in my eyes accidently while topping me. Did that sting! I was enjoying the sex until that moment.

Glad I did as I also suffer from a number of eye issues and didn't need this as a further complication, if only remote.

19 hours ago, Luv2play said:

I was always more concerned about what poppers was doing to my blood pressure. They gave me such a sensation of blood rushing to my head that I thought I was going to burst a blood vessel. So I quit using them by the 1980's. 

It was around then that a sex partner spilled some in my eyes accidently while topping me. Did that sting! I was enjoying the sex until that moment.

Glad I did as I also suffer from a number of eye issues and didn't need this as a further complication, if only remote.

That was a misleading sensation. Amyl nitrate actually decreases blood pressure through vasodilation, so that less blood is getting to your head.

Edited by Charlie

11 minutes ago, Charlie said:

That was a misleading sensation. Amyl nitrate actually decreases blood pressure through vasodilation, so that less blood is getting to your head.

I actually knew that but the feeling of being lightheaded caused unpleasant feelings for me. My father had high blood pressure and would complain of feeling light headed sometimes which always scared me. His father had died at 46 and both his brothers in their 40s from strokes. It runs in the family.

On 6/3/2021 at 7:02 PM, Charlie said:

During the 1970s in Amsterdam, I went home with a chemist who made his own 🙃, and we had sex under sheets soaked in it! 

Now this idea more than intrigues me! Making his own poppers - kind of like the equivalent of moonshine whisky? And then having sex under sheets soaked in poppers?! Wow, the mind reels at this thought. But then my sensible side comes back, sniffing the sheets after a wild session, and now I have a headache. Didn't the room kinda reek a bit?  And didn't this "aroma" sorta waft out into the hallway where all the neighbors probably got some sort of contact high? I imagine an elevator ride in this building could take quite an interesting turn, Lots of stopping between floors, etc.

(Btw, I'm actually so jealous - the reality of your experience sounds like the stuff of dreams)

20 hours ago, Phil_musc said:

Now this idea more than intrigues me! Making his own poppers - kind of like the equivalent of moonshine whisky? And then having sex under sheets soaked in poppers?! Wow, the mind reels at this thought. But then my sensible side comes back, sniffing the sheets after a wild session, and now I have a headache. Didn't the room kinda reek a bit?  And didn't this "aroma" sorta waft out into the hallway where all the neighbors probably got some sort of contact high? I imagine an elevator ride in this building could take quite an interesting turn, Lots of stopping between floors, etc.

(Btw, I'm actually so jealous - the reality of your experience sounds like the stuff of dreams)

Yes, it was kind of like moonshining. The apartment did have a faint aroma that someone in the know would recognize, but after all, commercial poppers were often advertised as "room freshener."  The amyl nitrate aroma dissipates pretty quickly, so I doubt that neighbors were aware of it.

• 5 months later...

Hey, don't ever use the poppers again? Maybe you should search for any alternatives, take some time, and discuss with your doctor your problems. I think you got really lucky that this effect was only for three days. If you meet this kind of symptoms with your eyes, check them also, I think it will be much better if you buy a lens to keep your eyes healthy on the proper level. Try to visit this service cosplaylens.com. They have a good range of lenses and glasses presented on the site and free consultation for the new customers.

Edited by desawjok

On 6/1/2021 at 9:27 AM, lonely_john said:

spacer.png

I've noticed that poppers is starting to have an impact on my vision after I use it, and that this temporary impairment on my vision lasts for about 3 days. Even though it's something temporary, it worries me that it could become permanent so I thought of asking others if you have found alternatives to Poppers that are safer in helping you taking big cocks.

Thanks to the collaboration of some forum members I was directed to the appropriate sources of information which led me to other relevant sources.

Unfortunately I'm a minority within the minority as this seems to mostly affect those who have been long term users, predisposed to develop Eye Maculopathy, and are 40 years of age and older. The problem is that you don't know if you are within the group or how serious this can be until it happens to you.

This is the 2nd time it happens to me in several years but the effect was so strong this time that I suppose this my wake up call to stop using them and I can mention the brand to warn others. Yes, that image above. But regardless, even though the vision impairment was a lot less with other brands, I wasn't feeling much better even using DoubleScorpio. I could still "see" some eye disturbances. Below is an image of what happens when the lesion occurs in your eyes.

spacer.png

Figure 1.0: Poppers maculopathy A) Colored fundus photography of the left eye showing yellow deposits at the fovea.
B) OCT showing disrupted foveal photoreceptor inner-outer segment layer.

To those folks aged 39 or younger, enjoy poppers while you still can use it without "risk", but always in moderation. And if you see any significant changes in your vision, no matter your age, make an informed decision as you might be taking too much risk with your vision health. Please Stay safe.

Ispropyl nitrite is the one that is supposed to be bad for the eyes..