Poppers Irreversible Eye Damage if you are 40+ and Predisposed

lonely_john
This topic is 894 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On 6/8/2021 at 2:32 PM, sniper said:

I have never seen the appeal of inhalants.  To me the unpleasantness of the smell is overwhelming.  But then I can't even really drink because I hate the taste of alcohol so much.

Me too. Clients sometimes use them when I’m fucking them and whilst I don’t mind others using poppers I don’t like catching a whiff of them. I never understood the attraction or what they do for you. Probably because like someone else said in the thread, I had a guy accidentally spill some in my eye while he was fucking me. The funny thing was he didn’t notice and took my signs of discomfort as encouragement to fuck harder. 

13 hours ago, jeezifonly said:

When viewing vids where they play a part I am kind of astonished by the depth and number of the hits taken. Never been my use of them, which tends to be shallower no more than two hits. Have I been doing it wrong? Ah well, warning and advice taken to heart here. 

I always found that the more frequent the hits, the less the effect.

On 6/8/2021 at 6:32 AM, sniper said:

I have never seen the appeal of inhalants.  To me the unpleasantness of the smell is overwhelming.  But then I can't even really drink because I hate the taste of alcohol so much.

ALL brands of poppers DO NOT smell alike.  Some don't have the most pleasant of smells; thus I've always stayed away.

Would it be wonderful if the "real amyl nitrate" returned?  Back in the 70s when I lived in Melbourne, Australia for two years, I would travel to Sydney to play.  Damn, all of my play sessions were enhanced by our partaking in the use of the "real poppers." 

Poppers + some strong pot... The combination of the two brought out the intensity of the involved activity.

[Poppers ARE NOT for everyone; thus don't condemn if they're not for you in any way.  I don't like alcohol but don't damn those who do.]

There was a brand called DEEP and it wasn’t the same popper aroma - and the “eye of Mordor” effect was too much for me, and I went back to English. If I use them now it’s an Austrian brand that that doesn’t have unpleasant anything. No harsh smell, dizziness, or that eye thing… 

40 minutes ago, Phil_musc said:

Allow me to go off on a tangent for a moment. 

The last two bottles of Jungle Juice Platinum that I have purchased seem to have a different smell and hit me somewhat differently. Has anyone else had this experience recently?

I can confirm but I don't think it's the company's fault. There are many counterfeit products in the market. Stick to reliable (online) vendors.

On 6/3/2021 at 4:02 PM, Charlie said:

One of the problems with "poppers" is that it is a generic term for chemical solutions that are not uniform from one brand to another. When I started using poppers sixty years ago, all that was available was medicinal amyl nitrate in little glass ampules wrapped in yellow fabric that one bought from a pharmacy with a prescription (my grandfather had used it in the 1920s for his heart problems); one broke the container --hence "poppers"--and sniffed until it lost potency. I was lucky that I had a friend who was a pharmacist and provided them to me under the counter. During the 1970s in Amsterdam, I went home with a chemist who made his own 🙃, and we had sex under sheets soaked in it!  In the early days of the AIDS epidemic, it was mistakenly believed that poppers might be the cause of Kaposi's sarcoma, often a symptom of AIDS, and at that point the gov't stepped in to make it harder to get medicinal quality amyl nitrate. The composition of recreational poppers was changed to facilitate the legal sale of commercial brands over the counter, and they were advertised as things like "room freshener."

Unfortunately, I have never used anything else that has the same effect on me--liquor makes me sleepy rather than horny, and other drugs screw up my head too much and for too long. Too much of the commercial brands usually gave me a headache, but I have never been personally aware of any vision problems related to using it--this is the first time I have ever heard of that. I used them off and on for about 50 years, and my own vision is still excellent, but if they seem to affect yours, then I would not take a chance on developing maculopathy; macular degeneration runs in my family, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

The real amyl nitrite is an antidote for cyanide poisoning.  I was a corpsman in the Army and we found containers of them all over the place in the hospital - nobody knew what they were but a couple gay guys had told me about them.   We used to like to get toasted smoking black afghan hash and then snort poppers.  We got so loaded that we sat around screaming with laughter and tears running down our faces.  

1 hour ago, Rudynate said:

The real amyl nitrite is an antidote for cyanide poisoning.  I was a corpsman in the Army and we found containers of them all over the place in the hospital - nobody knew what they were but a couple gay guys had told me about them.   We used to like to get toasted smoking black afghan hash and then snort poppers.  We got so loaded that we sat around screaming with laughter and tears running down our faces.  

Please tell me you did grab some of the real deal in a small bottle for your own enjoyment.

Edited by lonely_john

12 hours ago, Stormy said:

I had cataracts removed by the age of 49 Wonder if it had anything to do with a lifetime of popper sniffing? 

I don’t use them anymore 

Did your Dr recommend to stop using them or it was your decision?

Edited by lonely_john