Quick update from Tyro

tyro
This topic is 1169 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey (mostly) gents and (a few select) ladies!

It has been a LONG time since I've posted here and even longer since I've posted consistently. There have been a few very big changes recently. On January 6th, cancer cells were found in a lymph node near my liver. Further scans showed a tumor in the bile duct area. (Medical folk, they're calling it a "Klatskin.") We don't know yet if the cancer began in my gallbladder or inside my intrahepatic bile duct or what. March 6th, I'm getting a PET scan that will supposedly help pinpoint the primary site. For those of you who don't know, cancer cells in a lymph node = stage 3 almost all the time. A diagnosis of any cancer in the gallbladder/pancreas/liver/bile duct area = shitty prognosis. I'm meeting with my oncologist on March 9th to discuss the results, and it's not exactly an appointment I'm looking forward to.

Back in 2015 when my life upended itself, people from this fellowship -- only a few of whom I'd met in person -- sent flowers, encouraged me, and got me through a very rough time. This is another one. I have no idea how many of you folks even remember me, but I would appreciate any positive energy you could send my way.

Thank you so much in advance,

T

Hey (mostly) gents and (a few select) ladies!

It has been a LONG time since I've posted here and even longer since I've posted consistently. There have been a few very big changes recently. On January 6th, cancer cells were found in a lymph node near my liver. Further scans showed a tumor in the bile duct area. (Medical folk, they're calling it a "Klatskin.") We don't know yet if the cancer began in my gallbladder or inside my intrahepatic bile duct or what. March 6th, I'm getting a PET scan that will supposedly help pinpoint the primary site. For those of you who don't know, cancer cells in a lymph node = stage 3 almost all the time. A diagnosis of any cancer in the gallbladder/pancreas/liver/bile duct area = shitty prognosis. I'm meeting with my oncologist on March 9th to discuss the results, and it's not exactly an appointment I'm looking forward to.

Back in 2015 when my life upended itself, people from this fellowship -- only a few of whom I'd met in person -- sent flowers, encouraged me, and got me through a very rough time. This is another one. I have no idea how many of you folks even remember me, but I would appreciate any positive energy you could send my way.

Thank you so much in advance,

T

We kindly remember you and we know you'll around us for a long time!

keep us posted about how your treatment and recovery goes!

Hey, lady

Thank you for posting an update. I'm very sorry to hear about your health challenge. Sending good thoughts your way.

Thank you, R. It's good to know you're thinking about me. You were so supportive when things fell apart a few years ago. I've never forgotten that.

T

We seemed to have scared off most the women posters here. I am very glad to see you back but I am very sad as to the nature of your post. No matter what the prognosis, for any one individual it is 100% one way or the other. So for you, 100% cure is what I am hoping for no matter the odds. There are many here who would gladly support you in the same manner we have supported others here who have gone through tough times. Our internecine battles belies the strong family ties of this site. Please keep us informed.

Hey T!.....I'm one of the old-timers (membership seniority, that is!!) around here and certainly remember you (and the two other ladies).......thanks for the update and I'll certainly be keeping you in mind......please keep us updated......and remember: laughter is the best medicine!

Edited by azdr0710

I send my best wishes as well. I wasn’t active back when you were posting but understand from the other comments you were welcome to participate in our discussions here. I’m guessing we all share the same appreciation for male companionship so I hope you can surmount this health challenge and get back in the game soon.

It sounds like you discovered this cancer when there is still hope for a recovery or effective treatment. It reminds us all that we need to keep on top of our health and having a medical checkup from time to time.

We seemed to have scared off most the women posters here. I am very glad to see you back but I am very sad as to the nature of your post. No matter what the prognosis, for any one individual it is 100% one way or the other. So for you, 100% cure is what I am hoping for no matter the odds. There are many here who would gladly support you in the same manner we have supported others here who have gone through tough times. Our internecine battles belies the strong family ties of this site. Please keep us informed.

We do put the fun in dysfunctional, that's for sure. ;) Thank you for the good wishes.

T

Hey T!.....I'm one of the old-timers (membership seniority, that is!!) around here and certainly remember you (and the two other ladies).......thanks for the update and I'll certainly be keeping you in mind......please keep us updated......and remember: laughter is the best medicine!

OMG...what a good song...an oldie but goodie!

T

I hope you have a successful outcome. Chemotherapy has come a long way in the past 5+ years. Good luck jumping your next hurdle

Yes...because my bile duct was blocked, part of the delay for treatment has been from waiting for the stent to work its magic. My bilirubin is now at a 2.5, way down from 15.1.

It’s wonderful to hear from you! Meeting you at the Chicago gathering those years ago was a highlight, and your posts have always been a delight. Regrettable circumstances this time around but I‘m with the others in sharing hope and sending good vibes your way. ???

Please share as much as you’re comfortable with here. We’re indeed a family and here to provide support. Especially for a salty broad!

I'm so sorry we have to meet again in such trying circumstances, and this compounds my regrets that I came so close to being able to meet you when I was in DC for the 2016 forum lunch. People come and go from here and we often don't notice until someone, be it the poster or one of our other co-conspirators in this enterprise remark on it. You are one of those whose absence I had noted and wondered about, and missed their presence. Strength to the hands of your doctors but more so to you as you fight this. I know I am not alone in looking forward to your safe and healthy return both here and to a normal daily life. My fond thoughts are with you.

It’s wonderful to hear from you! Meeting you at the Chicago gathering those years ago was a highlight, and your posts have always been a delight. Regrettable circumstances this time around but I‘m with the others in sharing hope and sending good vibes your way. ???

Please share as much as you’re comfortable with here. We’re indeed a family and here to provide support. Especially for a salty broad!

The forum's Chicago meetup was a blast. Everyone was so welcoming and fun. Thank you for the good wishes.

T