Please, please, please STAY HOME - that massage is STILL not worth your life

big dale
This topic is 1057 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Given the probabilities, I'd rather get COVID than the vaccine, seriously. But I am definitely going to follow all sensible measures to avoid it. As far as Sweden, they are doing better than many similar European countries that killed their economies and still didn't accomplish anything, and comparisons with the next door Denmark are interesting. Yes, the Danes were able to slow it down initially but are now catching up with the death toll whereas Sweden is pretty much done with this cycle.

Sweden Coronavirus: 469,748 Cases and 8,985 Deaths - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

Denmark Coronavirus: 174,995 Cases and 1,450 Deaths - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

Policy questions are best analyzed without emotions. Yes, it's a dangerous virus but there is no need for hysteria and lockdowns. As Raoult says, locking up healthy people is insane and has never been done in human history until now. And empirical data are clear, lockdowns and masks don't help anyway:

Ivor Cummins - YouTube

And how many others will you inadvertently infect and possibly kill when you get covid, versus taking the vaccine?

...Dr. Raoult is the world's most published researcher specializing in infectious deseases...

I always wonder about statements like this. How do you know? Who did the counting? Are those many publications in well-regarded peer-reviewed journals?...

Edit: just saw the much more detailed post by @SirBIllybob making this point.

Edited by newatthis

Just curious, why were his posts deleted...'cuz of misinformation?

Technology upgrade issue - confirmed in the Tech section of the forum.

Just curious if that is the cause that postings from the last 2 days are missing ? Before reading your message here, I thought I had been Banned or restricted again in some way ?

Sorry for the intrusion.

Yes... Had to restore from backup... Now you why the slow down at 1am is important...

When I get up, I'll be working on the ratings which somehow have gone south.

The good news is that the Thumps Up icons appear to be back including the orange 2021 icon.

Like many others, I read the posts about hookups and massages with interest. It's kind of a vicarious pleasure. Personally, I wouldn't take the risk right now. I kind of support others' right to take the risk, but then again, it's the taxpayers who likely will end up paying for their treatment should they get sick. So that leaves me encouraging others to NOT take the risk. As if they would listen to me! ?

If "Lucky" is not feeling lucky, then neither am I.

I get it. We all need touch. We all get that itch. He says he keeps his table super clean. We are both going to wear a mask. The economy needs to keep moving, etc., etc., etc.

And that's all fine and well, except things are getting worse. Period. This isn't speculation, or mind control, or the government trying to take away your rights. This is life or DEATH. There's a new more contagious version of COVID-19 in the UK and now the US. In the Los Angeles area 1 in 5 people is thought to be infected. This is an huge increase from before the holidays.

Ambulances are no longer transporting people in cardiac arrest if they cannot revive you on site you get left behind. There's no capacity for people hurt in car accidents or with other health emergencies. https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/05/us/los-angeles-county-california-human-disaster-covid/index.html

So, yes... come here and share stories and tips, make your wish list for when things are more stable, ask about your favorite eye candy, but think twice 365,620 times before you book a massage. (That's the US death toll as of this posting.)

And here's the thing; I know some of you are going to lambast me, and try your straw man arguments, report this post and try to have it taken down, but I really don't care. Somebody has to say this. We need to stop this thing. It starts with each of us acting responsibly.

Need info on how to keep yourself safe? https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html

height=200pxhttps://uconn-today-universityofconn.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/GettyImages-1215979676-1024x717.jpg[/img]

Big Dale, I'm going to take your advice. I haven't had a massage in almost a year; I used to think that seeing a regular (while I got a great massage) was a poor substitute for emotional support and intimacy. But...I'm going to wait for a vaccine. Better to give up another year or however long and then go back to some sense of normalcy rather than cave to desires and get COVID and potentially die.

What a world

thanks

Guest davebk

I take all precautions to keep me safe and my clients. I had Covid March 16th. I get tested every two weeks and still have active antibodies as I take care of my grandmother. I sterilize all surfaces and wear a mask if my clients request.

Thank you for using reason, logic, and science. I'd come get a massage from you if I was in New York. You're being responsible and reasonable.

The best way to prevent the spread is still - WASH YOUR HANDS.

This is incorrect. Washing hands is important, but THE most important thing is wearing a mask, and the better quality mask the better. If you can get a true N95 (not KN95) mask, use it esp when you need to go places like the grocery store. KN95 masks would be next choice. The standard blue/white surgical mask is the minimum. This is a respiratory virus spread primarily by respiratory droplets which are then inhaled. I was very lucky to get the first dose of the vaccine this week.....get yours as soon as its avaiable to you!

Glitch or not, this is unfair, I provided several answers with a ton of links and now all that is gone.

I am out and signing off, take care!

Completely understand the frustration but it’s the nature of technology and why most companies have DR SOPs in place; very rarely do they have an RPO which does not result in some data loss.

This is incorrect. Washing hands is important, but THE most important thing is wearing a mask, and the better quality mask the better. If you can get a true N95 (not KN95) mask, use it esp when you need to go places like the grocery store. KN95 masks would be next choice. The standard blue/white surgical mask is the minimum. This is a respiratory virus spread primarily by respiratory droplets which are then inhaled. I was very lucky to get the first dose of the vaccine this week.....get yours as soon as its avaiable to you!

Let me put my 2 cents:

N95 Respirators Not for Use by the General Public

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) does not recommend that the general public wear N95 respirators to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including coronavirus (COVID-19). Those are critical supplies that must continue to be reserved for health care workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-infection-control/n95-respirators-surgical-masks-and-face-masks#s1

Let me put my 2 cents:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) does not recommend that the general public wear N95 respirators to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including coronavirus (COVID-19). Those are critical supplies that must continue to be reserved for health care workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-infection-control/n95-respirators-surgical-masks-and-face-masks#s1

This is why I use KN95’s (readily available on Amazon), and social distancing, hand sanitizer and the rest.

This is why I use KN95’s (readily available on Amazon), and social distancing, hand sanitizer and the rest.

It is almost impossible to find a supply of N95 masks - I have to make do with KN95.

toon-3419.gif

Bottom line is Big Dale is correct. This is NOT the time to be seeking out massages. As well, wearing masks and washing hands frequently are the two most important things to do when go into public places. The wisest thing is to remain at home and social distance. The greatest spread is currrently caused by mixing of households and private social gatherings. If you need to go to a grocery store, go in buy what is needed go home and stay masked during the shopping, use hand sanitizer after getting in your car and wash your hands again at home. Physician offices are relatively safe so long as you are masked, there is screening occurring by the medical staff, and you again use hand sanitizer after leaving. I am a physician, have worked full time throughout the pandemic, have not become COVID positive and follow these simple rules. Finally, get vaccinated as soon as you are offered the opportunity to do so.

The risk is too great right now to go for any type of session. Not for myself but more so for my elderly parents and my baby niece. They're in my so called bubble so I'm more concerned for them than myself.

I received my first dose of the vaccine and the only side effect I felt was the soreness around the injection site. That went away after 24 hours. I am to get the second shot a week from tomorrow, and I intend to. This is the first vaccine of its kind so there is no telling what the long-term effects I might suffer from or there may not be one at all. It doesn't guarantee, however, that I won't be carrying the virus and pass it on to someone else. That risk exist with or without the vaccine.

I don't understand why there are some who decide to not take the vaccine. Some I worked with and are in the health profession but that is their decision to make. They are willing to take the risk of the virus even after being in the front lines and witnessing its effects. I have a few coworkers who denied it at first but have since changed their minds. Guess what? There's none available. Any additional dose we get will be for those getting their second shot. Any extra dose, if any, will then be appropriated to those next on the priority list. That's what's going to happen. Those who had the chance will regret not getting it when they finally have to compete with the general population.

I miss the massage, the touch. I did go for one when Chicago opened up briefly over the past summer. It felt nice. But I do realize that people getting on and off that table is not within my bubble so I'm just putting those within at risk. So I stopped. I miss it terribly.

Let me put my 2 cents:

It is true that this is a recommendation. Sad that 1 year into this pandemic we still don't have the PPE we need. But, we still have a choice what protection we are willing/able to use. And N95's are the only solution known to prevent COVID spread almost 100% which is why they are used by frontline healthcare workers taking care of COVID patients. A young/healthy friend contracted COVID a few weeks ago, the only place she has been is the grocery store and she was wearing a mask. N95s are available here: https://n95maskcompany.myshopify.com/collections/n95-masks