Please, please, please STAY HOME - that massage is STILL not worth your life

big dale
This topic is 1057 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

1 hour ago, pubic_assistance said:

If you actually do some analysis of the data you will find that these huge numbers of people who "died from Covid-19" are part of the usual death rate statistics for the US.   There never was any massive increase in deaths as your ever-over-reaching Government wants you to believe. The uptick in death rate due to Covid leaves us with the same total death rate as 1984 in the US. A year that had no pandemic and the numbers are still UNDER every year prior to 1984. So as they say: "don't believe everything you hear".  Heart disease is still the #1 killer in the US. Not Covid 19

The death rate has been declining for a century. Going back to the rate from 36 years ago is an increase.

On 5/26/2021 at 2:31 AM, Luv2play said:

The CDC is no longer recording cases of COVID infection happening to fully vaccinated people although over 11 thousand cases have been reported. Over 900 of those cases required hospitalization and over 160 patients died. Some experts are criticizing this decision as they say knowing this info is important going forward to fully understand the disease and it’s progress.

11000 out of over 150 million just isn't that much. That's one in 10,000. 

11 hours ago, Luv2play said:

Remember, that’s now. The numbers could be very different 2 months from now.

That happened while the virus was at its peak spreading around the community.  Now that numbers have plummeted there is no fucking way they are going down like that.  Certainly not in two months at a summer trough.

7 hours ago, sniper said:

That happened while the virus was at its peak spreading around the community.  Now that numbers have plummeted there is no fucking way they are going down like that.  Certainly not in two months at a summer trough.

???

On 5/31/2021 at 11:36 AM, MisterMike said:

Your post would be more meaningful had you cited a single source of this information. Since you encourage "analysis" go ahead and share the data and your sources. Thanks.

It's simple math

US death rate 2020 =  3.358M  vs. population US 2019 328.2M = .01 death rate

US death rate 1984 =  2.039M  vs. population US 1983 233.8M = .01 death rate

On 5/31/2021 at 11:02 AM, pubic_assistance said:

If you actually do some analysis of the data you will find that these huge numbers of people who "died from Covid-19" are part of the usual death rate statistics for the US.   There never was any massive increase in deaths as your ever-over-reaching Government wants you to believe. The uptick in death rate due to Covid leaves us with the same total death rate as 1984 in the US. A year that had no pandemic and the numbers are still UNDER every year prior to 1984. So as they say: "don't believe everything you hear".  Heart disease is still the #1 killer in the US. Not Covid 19

I work at one of the top hospitals in the country and your "analysis" pure BS.  Who were all those people clogging beds in the emergency rooms and ICUs on ventilators?  Facts are still facts, even in this bizarro time. 

FACT:  There is a new novel virus called COVID19.  

FACT:  It is much more severe than the flu

FACT:  It kills people, lots of people.

FACT: Over 500,000 people in the US have died from this virus

If you look at 20 years of data, heart disease is #1.   If you look at last 12 months, it is not.

Facts are Facts.

3 minutes ago, JEC said:

I work at one of the top hospitals in the country and your "analysis" pure BS.  Who were all those people clogging beds in the emergency rooms and ICUs on ventilators?  Facts are still facts, even in this bizarro time. 

If you look at 20 years of data, heart disease is #1.   If you look at last 12 months, it is not.

Facts are Facts.

FINALLY! Someone who is an expert! Thank you!

On 6/3/2021 at 3:02 PM, JEC said:

Facts are Facts.

Facts are facts. Millions of humans die from something every year. Heart disease is still the #1 killer. Not Covid. Working at a hospital only makes you feel bad about it...but clearly doesn't provide you any raw data. Numbers don't lie.  The US death rate has gone up since 2017 but the 2020 rate is LESS than every year from 1982 back. So your dramatic plea is emotion NOT "fact".

On 6/3/2021 at 2:41 PM, pubic_assistance said:

It's simple math

US death rate 2020 =  3.358M  vs. population US 2019 328.2M = .01 death rate

US death rate 1984 =  2.039M  vs. population US 1983 233.8M = .01 death rate

I see you rounded to one significant digit to obscure the ~15% higher rate in 2020. 

On 6/6/2021 at 4:24 AM, sniper said:

I see you rounded to one significant digit to obscure the ~15% higher rate in 2020. 

I didn't round anything

Those numbers are readily available if you don't believe me...but my guess is you don't WANT to believe me, so your going to see what you want to see instead.

On 6/10/2021 at 1:35 PM, pubic_assistance said:

I didn't round anything

Those numbers are readily available if you don't believe me...but my guess is you don't WANT to believe me, so your going to see what you want to see instead.

It looks to me that there is a little bit of rounding in the presentation of the numbers.  I put them in my calculator (does anyone do long-hand divvision any more?) and my results are presented in a blue font.

US death rate 2020 =  3.358M  vs. population US 2019 328.2M = .01 death rate    =   1.02%

US death rate 1984 =  2.039M  vs. population US 1983 233.8M = .01 death rate     =  0.87%

The rate of death in 2020 would be 15 basis points higher than in 1984.