Please, please, please STAY HOME - that massage is STILL not worth your life

big dale
This topic is 1058 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I pushed the envelope and took a couple chances, with both parties masked up, my HEPA filter running, “sanitized” hotel room, showers before for provider and me before/after, people I knew, no one new.etc.

but @big dale ‘s recent posting as well as LA county spiraling out of control last six weeks, was a wake up. I’m on hiatus until vaccinated. Thanks @big dale not what everyone wants to hear, but responsible postings.

Stay safe, dude! Be well.

And I am tired of the opposite, people harassing others who know the risks and follow protocols. We cannot shut down again. Every mayor and gov has said the same, the economy will not survive. You are harassing people who are trying to just live and keep things going. If youre elderly, at risk, or in contact with them then stay home. Everyone else takes risks and follows protocols. Its impossible for everyone to just lock down again or quarantine for no reason.

We have tests now and multiple working vaccines, youre just encouraging the destruction of our economy. In my eyes, youre the selfish ones. COVID has not even overtaken heart disease or cancer in death rate, who even knows 100% if the attributed cause of death was correct as there are tampering and cases where they deem a death COVID when it is something else.

I just hate it with politics are brought up. This has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I (and at least a few other members here) work in healthcare and trust me, you do not want to be infected with this virus. Being younger than 65 does not make you invincible and telling old people to stay home while you're constantly getting yourself at risk is unfair to them, to yourself, and to everyone around you. If people keep propagating the virus outside, it will eventually find its way to population at risk even if they are sheltered.

I have been deployed to control outbreaks more than a few times over the past year, and have heard people telling me countless times how miserable they are even after they recover. A lingering cough, constant fatigue and pain, and prolonged loss of sense of smell and taste that still hasn't come back months and months after they got infected. And that's not even an exhaustive list.

A lockdown is not always needed. People can (kind of) live their lives as long as they wear masks, practice social distancing, and do not hang out with people outside their households. Now, getting a massage is going far beyond normal social interactions and everyone involved is at risk. If one decides to get a massage, they should self-quarantine afterwards for 10 days with no contact with the outside world. Getting a test within a few days after the session is useless and self-quarantining is the only safe way to protect others. If you're out and about after getting a massage, you're essentially a threat to public health.

The idea that vaccines and testing will keep you safe at this point is, well, delusional at best. Yes there are multiple vaccines, but it could take up to a year from now or longer until most people are vaccinated. Until then, no one is safe. And even then we still haven't had them around long enough to determine the actual long term effectiveness.

Yes we do have tests, but not all tests are made equal and the ones you could get quickly at an urgent care (the ones that do not get referred out to a real lab) are probably less sensitive than a more complex molecular test that takes a day or two to get results, which means you could walk out of the clinic thinking you're fine but actually not.

Tests and vaccines don't matter much if people are still putting themselves and others around them at risk. Changing social behavior is the most important thing at this time.

I think you almost have the right idea, having mentioned taking precautions. However, one needs to know the difference between safe and risky behaviors.

The name of the game now is take precautions amd get vaccine and tested. You and people on the far left have this idea that everyone needs to quarantine. Its not right

Not everyone needs to quarantine. You only need to quarantine after risky encounters or exposure to a positive case. Having a prolonged, intimate contact with someone outside your household is a risky behavior and essentially against the "precautions".

I just hate it with politics are brought up.

I don't like it either, but some selfish people can't resist.

I wish someone could show me "harassment" anywhere on this thread. That's part of the problem with hate-filled politics, us vs. them. People see things that don't exist.

Almost every spa and massage parlor are open for business. There are protocols that can be followed for safety. All this OP is doing is scaring and shaming people to stay home instead of living their lives. A typical far left viewpoint that is decimating businesses and doing far more damage than the actual virus. Go google the stats on the virus.

Wow... ?

See my take on Big_Dale's attitude in this thread:

https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/jasson-in-la.156085/#post-2060028

So are you still spreading COVID-19 all over the place giving "free massages"?

I replied in that other thread, but I think that the reply is more appropriate here.

As THE person that @big dale directed his first comment to on March 20th ("So are you still spreading COVID-19 all over the place giving "free massages"? "), I can tell you what impact it had on me. At first his comment hit me like a Mack Truck. I was like...Woah...where did that come from? Who does this guy think that he is?

At the time, I was not as "COVID aware" as to how it was affecting other areas (I think it was hitting NYC really hard at the time). I had already begun backing off on my massage activities. I had cancelled a 9 guy massage exchange the week prior and was limiting the # and frequency of my massages. His message ultimately was a wake-up call to me. He could have been more tactful in his approach...but the message was received. I guess that he speaks with that BIG DICK ENERGY. At that point, I stopped doing massage....for a while.

I do have to admit that I did slowly start back to giving massages towards the end of summer. I changed up many things that worked for my comfort level. Yes, I know that I am potentially putting myself and others at risk. We each have a frank conversation about COVID before we agree to a session.

So although, I may not agree/follow all of what @big dale is putting out there...I appreciate his message. We just need to curtail some of that BIG DICK ENERGY.

Edited by niceandthick

See my take on Big_Dale's attitude in this thread:

https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/jasson-in-la.156085/#post-2060028

I replied in that other thread, but I think that the reply is more appropriate here.

As THE person that @big dale directed his first comment to on March 20th ("So are you still spreading COVID-19 all over the place giving "free massages"? "), I can tell you what impact it had on me. At first his comment hit me like a Mack Truck. I was like...Woah...where did that come from? Who does this guy think that he is?

At the time, I was not as "COVID aware" as to how it was affecting other areas (I think it was hitting NYC really hard at the time). I had already begun backing off on my massage activities. I had cancelled a 9 guy massage exchange the week prior and was limiting the # and frequency of my massages. His message ultimately was a wake-up call to me. He could have been more tactful in his approach...but the message was received. I guess that he speaks with that BIG DICK ENERGY. At that point, I stopped doing massage....for a while.

I do have to admit that I did slowly start back to giving massages towards the end of summer. I changed up many things that worked for my comfort level. Yes, I know that I am potentially putting myself and others at risk. We each have a frank conversation about COVID before we agree to a session.

So although, I may not agree/follow all of what @big dale is putting out there...I appreciate his message. We just need to curtail some of that BIG DICK ENERGY.

Edited by niceandthick

I just hate it with politics are brought up. This has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I (and at least a few other members here) work in healthcare and trust me, you do not want to be infected with this virus. Being younger than 65 does not make you invincible and telling old people to stay home while you're constantly getting yourself at risk is unfair to them, to yourself, and to everyone around you. If people keep propagating the virus outside, it will eventually find its way to population at risk even if they are sheltered.

I have been deployed to control outbreaks more than a few times over the past year, and have heard people telling me countless times how miserable they are even after they recover. A lingering cough, constant fatigue and pain, and prolonged loss of sense of smell and taste that still hasn't come back months and months after they got infected. And that's not even an exhaustive list.

A lockdown is not always needed. People can (kind of) live their lives as long as they wear masks, practice social distancing, and do not hang out with people outside their households. Now, getting a massage is going far beyond normal social interactions and everyone involved is at risk. If one decides to get a massage, they should self-quarantine afterwards for 10 days with no contact with the outside world. Getting a test within a few days after the session is useless and self-quarantining is the only safe way to protect others. If you're out and about after getting a massage, you're essentially a threat to public health.

The idea that vaccines and testing will keep you safe at this point is, well, delusional at best. Yes there are multiple vaccines, but it could take up to a year from now or longer until most people are vaccinated. Until then, no one is safe. And even then we still haven't had them around long enough to determine the actual long term effectiveness.

Yes we do have tests, but not all tests are made equal and the ones you could get quickly at an urgent care (the ones that do not get referred out to a real lab) are probably less sensitive than a more complex molecular test that takes a day or two to get results, which means you could walk out of the clinic thinking you're fine but actually not.

Tests and vaccines don't matter much if people are still putting themselves and others around them at risk. Changing social behavior is the most important thing at this time.

I think you almost have the right idea, having mentioned taking precautions. However, one needs to know the difference between safe and risky behaviors.

Not everyone needs to quarantine. You only need to quarantine after risky encounters or exposure to a positive case. Having a prolonged, intimate contact with someone outside your household is a risky behavior and essentially against the "precautions".

Another point often overlooked is that with the two vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna, it is not known yet whether they prevent transmission of the virus even if they stop the infection from resulting in the disease COVID?

The new one now being distributed, AstraZeneca, has shown in trials that it is up to 67 percent effective against transmission of the virus from an asymptomatic vaccinated person.

It follows that even vaccinated people still need to wash their hands, wear masks and social distance, n’est ce pas?

Or have I got that all wrong?

Another point often overlooked is that with the two vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna, it is not known yet whether they prevent transmission of the virus even if they stop the infection from resulting in the disease COVID?

The new one now being distributed, AstraZeneca, has shown in trials that it is up to 67 percent effective against transmission of the virus from an asymptomatic vaccinated person.

It follows that even vaccinated people still need to wash their hands, wear masks and social distance, n’est ce pas?

I think you have the gist of it correct - I don't know the exact figures, but until herd immunity is reached it is wise and responsible to take precautions even after vaccination. For the safety of others.

I think you have the gist of it correct - I don't know the exact figures, but until herd immunity is reached it is wise and responsible to take precautions even after vaccination. For the safety of others.

LOL. Oh my. I've seen you bully your way around this thread. And no, attention is not what I care about, apparently you do, though.

You keep using the word "bully" while displaying similar behaviors. I wonder why you're projecting. What insecurity and vulnerability have I exposed in you? Why do you find yourself so inferior to me that you need to cast yourself as a victim in a conversation that had literally nothing to do with you? The same laws and freedoms that allow you to continue to carry on behaviors that endanger the rest of us also allow me to comment on it. What failings within yourself are causing you to be so triggered?

LOL. Oh my. I've seen you bully your way around this thread. And no, attention is not what I care about, apparently you do, though.

You keep using the word "bully" while displaying similar behaviors. I wonder why you're projecting. What insecurity and vulnerability have I exposed in you? Why do you find yourself so inferior to me that you need to cast yourself as a victim in a conversation that had literally nothing to do with you? The same laws and freedoms that allow you to continue to carry on behaviors that endanger the rest of us also allow me to comment on it. What failings within yourself are causing you to be so triggered?

Thank you for your posts, I admire your persistance. It is one thing to be challenged by several aggressive comments, it's a whole new level to have your detailed answers to those deleted. It is at that point in this thread that I decided to leave this forum. Best wishes to all, I won't be writing here any more, why bother? And yeah, "system update" is one of the lamest excuses for censoring I've ever heard. Cheers, stay safe & sane.

Thank you for your posts, I admire your persistance. It is one thing to be challenged by several aggressive comments, it's a whole new level to have your detailed answers to those deleted. It is at that point in this thread that I decided to leave this forum. Best wishes to all, I won't be writing here any more, why bother? And yeah, "system update" is one of the lamest excuses for censoring I've ever heard. Cheers, stay safe & sane.

Bully? Seriously? Wow. I am only pointing out your posts, hypocritical posts at that. Here...

From Jul 3rd, about a masseur who has only had an ad up since Covid started. 6 posts by the way on Jul 3rd, asking for opinions like this....

*bump* any takers?

and then, two days later....

Does anyone have any advice for staying safe from Covid during a massage? I’m not sure how relaxing a massage would be wearing a mask?

Stay home.

That exchange I don't have an issue with, at least you're civil. But then you can't help being nasty, can you?...

Which is a super terrible idea in the age of COVID, but you do you, booboo.

Still mad because I wouldn't send you dick pics, huh? Sad.

And you to react that same way to everyone else who has criticized you...but as I was in one of your posts "you do you"

Oh, and your "mean girl" posts that you like to make, save them. If I can survive getting shot at flying a navy jet over Iraq, sh!t like that isn't going to bother me.

Bully? Seriously? Wow. I am only pointing out your posts, hypocritical posts at that. Here...

From Jul 3rd, about a masseur who has only had an ad up since Covid started. 6 posts by the way on Jul 3rd, asking for opinions like this....

*bump* any takers?

and then, two days later....

Does anyone have any advice for staying safe from Covid during a massage? I’m not sure how relaxing a massage would be wearing a mask?

Stay home.

That exchange I don't have an issue with, at least you're civil. But then you can't help being nasty, can you?...

Which is a super terrible idea in the age of COVID, but you do you, booboo.

Still mad because I wouldn't send you dick pics, huh? Sad.

And you to react that same way to everyone else who has criticized you...but as I was in one of your posts "you do you"

Oh, and your "mean girl" posts that you like to make, save them. If I can survive getting shot at flying a navy jet over Iraq, sh!t like that isn't going to bother me.

Dude...please, don't leave. I really don't want that. Put me on ignore...you won't hurt my feelings at all. (I kinda wish two or three others would, lol.)

Dude...please, don't leave. I really don't want that. Put me on ignore...you won't hurt my feelings at all. (I kinda wish two or three others would, lol.)