What do we know about when and how Montreal clubs will reopen?

newatthis

I am becoming less optimistic about travelling to Montreal this summer as international travel looks like one of the last restrictions to be lifted, but will certainly make plans for 2022 as soon as possible as I expect demand for travel to be high.

I tend to agree with you. However, Montreal itself started accepting appointments for vaccine for those over 60 today. So things are moving better there than in Ontario, where 75 year-olds and up started today to make appointments.

My brother is 75 and got an appointment this morning for mid April and the follow-up shot in early August, to give you an idea of how things are progressing.

I am becoming less optimistic about travelling to Montreal this summer as international travel looks like one of the last restrictions to be lifted, but will certainly make plans for 2022 as soon as possible as I expect demand for travel to be high.

I think your concern over the ability to travel to Canada this summer is well-founded. Of course the COVID situation will improve in Canada and elsewhere during the next few months. However, as you say, international travel won't come back for some time.

I doubt there will be any leisure travel allowed into Canada between now and the end of May. Having said that, I would be surprised if we can't travel to Canada by September. I say that for no particular reason other than it seems that many things should be sorted out by then. Whether the border is opened up sooner than that (sometime in the June-August timeframe) remains to be seen. It's possible but I wouldn't plan on it.

Exactly.

Even Pattaya Thailand is not expected to "re open" and accept tourists until October/November of this year. That means it won't be back into full swing until the following year/season of November 2022.

As I mentioned earlier, I think Montreal will be back in full swing in May 2022 barring any uncontrollable variant of the virus.

But if you're looking primarily just for local street trade in Montreal, then it might be worth a visit this Summer/Fall.

I'm hoping to attend the annual 4th of July fireworks in Windsor, Ontario in late June if it's held this year.

Hopefully the border will be open by then. Perhaps with proof of vaccination?

Edited by twinkboylover28

I tend to agree with you. However, Montreal itself started accepting appointments for vaccine for those over 60 today. So things are moving better there than in Ontario, where 75 year-olds and up started today to make appointments.

My brother is 75 and got an appointment this morning for mid April and the follow-up shot in early August, to give you an idea of how things are progressing.

Pfizer vaccine "second dose" is 3 weeks apart.

Moderna vaccine "second dose" is 4 weeks apart.

Your brother is getting a second dose nearly 4 months later?

Perhaps Canada has AstraZeneca which is 4-to-12 weeks for second dose?

My mother is 78 and just received her second dose last week in Michigan.

I'm 47 and was vaccinated today. I will receive my second dose in mid-April.

Michigan was relatively late to the game as far as distributing the vaccine; however, everyone over 16 will be eligible for the vaccine beginning April 5.

It appears Pfizer and Moderna are researching the benefits of receiving a "3rd dose" as a booster dose to fight off variants of the virus.

Edited by twinkboylover28

Pfizer vaccine "second dose" is 3 weeks apart.

Moderna vaccine "second dose" is 4 weeks apart.

Your brother is getting a second dose nearly 4 months later?

Perhaps Canada has AstraZeneca which is 4-to-12 weeks for second dose?

My mother is 78 and just received her second dose last week in Michigan.

I'm 47 and was vaccinated today. I will receive my second dose in mid-April.

Michigan was relatively late to the game as far as distributing the vaccine; however, everyone over 16 will be eligible for the vaccine beginning April 5.

It appears Pfizer and Moderna are researching the benefits of receiving a "3rd dose" as a booster dose to fight off variants of the virus.

In Ontario and several other large provinces, both Pfizer and Moderna shots are now being given up to 4 months apart. This is being done to vaccinate as many people as possible as quickly as possible, in light of current supply constraints of all vaccines approved for use in Canada.

If supplies improve beyond what is expected, then the second shots might conceivably be moved up. Currently the government is fretting if the EU makes good on its threat to curtail exports of vaccines since all our supplies of Pfizer and Moderna come from Europe.

The US has only agreed to loan us some AstraZeneca at some indeterminate future. We are currently receiving no shipments of vaccines from America.

....in light of current supply constraints of all vaccines....

Currently the government is fretting if the EU makes good on its threat to curtail exports of vaccines since all our supplies of Pfizer and Moderna come from Europe

Viva socialized medicine?

More to do with allowing the pharmaceutical industry to dry up in Canada except for the production of generics.

Like I said...viva socialized medicine.

No one is looking across the boarder to get “cheap Canadian vaccines” now....are they?

You lay down with dogs.....you get up with fleas.

I too am eager to return to Montreal but fear I'll be too old by the time Americans are allowed to return and the clubs are safe again. Is there an age when one becomes too old for the Campus and Stock Bar? :confused: ?‍♂️ Mentally and physically I'm primed to go but I do have lots of gray hair.

You're never too old to go to a strip club anywhere as long as you have money in your pocket to spend. The strippers are happy to give lapdances providing the customer has the cash. I have seen guys in their 80's go in the back with dancers. At Stock, there is a customer that is in a wheelchair and the dancers are happy to go in the back with him. Go for it! I am hoping that the border will have re-opened by autumn....maybe earlier.

Like I said...viva socialized medicine.

No one is looking across the boarder to get “cheap Canadian vaccines” now....are they?

You lay down with dogs.....you get up with fleas.

Socialized medicine invented the Pfizer (BioTech) and the J&J (Jassen) vaccines in Germany but American Pharma corporations bought the patents and refused to let them be produced in Europe (or in poor countries) to keep the supply low and the price high. Patents are being enforced to keep them from being produced for the poorest 75% of the world. Millions of Indians are dying because the vaccines are not allowed to be produced in any of their thousands of vaccine plants....to keep the price high. Capitalism's not coming out of covid looking too good.

I remember a particular visit to Campus. One of the dancers told me he LOVES older men with gray a bit of a belly. Made me grin. The lap dances were of the charts HOT. Many of them ??

HaHa.

Like many dancers, he sounds like a good salesman.

At most strip clubs around the world, one could be super-morbid obese and straight-up repugnant; however, as long as they have the Benjamins it's all good.

God bless America!

I wonder what happened to "Drunk Lawyer" and his Montreal visits!.....did get to witness his 'court' one evening at Campus in 2016

scattered discussion about him throughout this thread, starting with @SundayZip 's post #23......

https://m4m-forum.org/threads/montreal.111259/page-2#post-1052971

Oh I remember him. He was a fixture for quite a while. The dancers would gravitate to his table near the dance floor. He would pass out paper money like it was napkins.

I wonder what happened to "Drunk Lawyer" and his Montreal visits!.....did get to witness his 'court' one evening at Campus in 2016

scattered discussion about him throughout this thread, starting with @SundayZip 's post #23......

https://m4m-forum.org/threads/montreal.111259/page-2#post-1052971

Oh I remember him. He was a fixture for quite a while. The dancers would gravitate to his table near the dance floor. He would pass out paper money like it was napkins.

He was there with a posse of dancers one night when I was there, and most of them were hanging out at his table.

Either through the use of my amazing seduction skills or merely that they were just bored with DL, I managed to seduce three of them to sit by me at the bar and let me cuddle them while they bought me drinks for two hours.

I was amazed these guys were paying for my drinks until the bartender later told me that they had charged it all to DL's tab! :)

He was there with a posse of dancers one night when I was there, and most of them were hanging out at his table.

Either through the use of my amazing seduction skills or merely that they were just bored with DL, I managed to seduce three of them to sit by me at the bar and let me cuddle them while they bought me drinks for two hours.

I was amazed these guys were paying for my drinks until the bartender later told me that they had charged it all to DL's tab! :)

Love that story! I never got that benefit from his presence. But his preference was for larger, more muscular dancers and mine was not, so my types would often hang out with me when he was there and sucking up most of the air.

• 2 weeks later...

Love that story! I never got that benefit from his presence. But his preference was for larger, more muscular dancers and mine was not, so my types would often hang out with me when he was there and sucking up most of the air.

Looks like he came to the right place by going to campus. Does he also go to stockbar?