What do we know about when and how Montreal clubs will reopen?

newatthis

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 1:21 PM, SirBillybob said:

Finally, a reader DM’d me to criticize my input and to categorize it as problematic in the same way he considered another member, he also named, to make contributions he opined were similarly lacking in value. What is this … middle school? How immature and inflammatory. I thought we were all adults here. Obviously, I am not reading his lame follow-up. 

Gee-whiz. I wonder who that could be....

SirBillyBob I think it's time to name names!

Campus was absolutely packed last night. The DJ said there were 30 dancers which I'm not sure I can believe but there were no breaks in between dances. I had to wait to get in because the place was at full capacity and there was nowhere for new customers to sit or even stand. Things became more manageable after 1am and I had a very nice time in the back with Gabriel. 

I have loved my trips to Montreal from NYC for 25 years.  But now that every night is ladies' night, proceed with awareness, fellas.  Packs of high-pitched screaming bachelorettes can take hold of the atmosphere.  Like last Saturday at Campus, where a particularly brazen gal got onstage herself. Barefoot, drink in hand, barking unintelligible nonsense, dress strap askew, her wanton girlfriends loving every minute.  I dunno; I used to think of the  Montreal strip clubs as sacred territory. I waited it out and had fun with one of the guys anyway. At the opposite end of the bar.  But rarely has the feeling of a new order been so palpable.

48 minutes ago, BALCONY said:

I have loved my trips to Montreal from NYC for 25 years.  But now that every night is ladies' night, proceed with awareness, fellas.  Packs of high-pitched screaming bachelorettes can take hold of the atmosphere.  Like last Saturday at Campus, where a particularly brazen gal got onstage herself. Barefoot, drink in hand, barking unintelligible nonsense, dress strap askew, her wanton girlfriends loving every minute.  I dunno; I used to think of the  Montreal strip clubs as sacred territory. I waited it out and had fun with one of the guys anyway. At the opposite end of the bar.  But rarely has the feeling of a new order been so palpable.

I agree. They do ruin the atmosphere often. Saw quite a few obnoxious drunk women last night. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were in Montreal July 14-18.  It was good to be back after three years.

Covid has devastated St. Catherine street.  Many stores and restaurants closed. No balls overhead and it felt funny without them like you were walking along with the roof missing.

Seemed like there were more homeless than in the past along St. Catherine.

Warning many of the banks along St. Catherine close access to their ATMs around 5PM so if you need cash get it early.

This trip we only went to Taboo.  It was pretty empty Thursday, Friday and Saturday with only about 7 twink type dancers each night.  Sunday was a nice crowd for Jerry's anniversary and maybe 12 dancers.  Even with small crowd and few dancers we still enjoyed ourselves.

Some of the dancer's:

Rodrigo - Great body. ABs like steel.  Not very interactive in private.

Emilio - Nice personality good in private.

Candle  - Hot. Good in private. I wanted to do more than my usual two dances. Might try to arrange a meeting next time.

Stevie - Tall. Nice body. Nice cock. Very long hair.  Lots of energy.  Fun to talk to and good in back if you can ignore the very long hair.  Also might try to arrange a meeting next time.

Damian - Very tall and slim.  OK in private but somehow I really felt the transactional aspect more with him.

We did not hire this time around.

Two nice dinners each at Carte Blanche (on Ontario and Wolfe) which offers Table d’Hote for $61 Cdn and is a bring your own wine and Toro Rosso on St. Catherine.

All in all if you like Montreal as we do then go but it's certainly not booming.

Very nice video.  Thanks for posting and thanks to photographer.  The technology seems simple, camera on a stick, but it works very well.  The panning was just the right speed.  The Bourbon Street Building looks nicer than it ever has before in photos.  A number of the terraces seem larger and more substantial than in previous years.  They look very inviting.  Good crowd and certainly lots of booths.  Ste Catherine looks better than it has all year, at least in pictures.  A nice sunny day always helps.

Again, thank you.

In my recent visits to Montreal this year the city had looked cleaner and well kept with flower boxes and other amenities. I credit the city administration of Valerie Laplante, the city mayor who is the first that I can recall puts the citizens first and is not corrupt as so many of her predecessors were.

Edited by Luv2play