What do we know about when and how Montreal clubs will reopen?

newatthis

8 hours ago, Luv2play said:

Yeah they refer to "Village" but from a previous post on here I understand the city now refers to it that way. Anyway the location is great and I am ready to move on to the Hyatt experience. The last year or so the HVAC system sucked and was difficult to get an acceptable room temperature. Other than that everything else was fine, especially the large bathrooms and showers. In the junior suites you got a walk-in shower and a jacuzzi big enough for two or three, which was put to good use.😈

Yes the A/C and the shower pressure was also very weak for me. Then again water pressure is subjective.

12 minutes ago, twinkboylover28 said:

This is incorrect boss.

"Wednesday’s announcement from the U.S. means Michiganders won’t be able to make quick visits to Canada and back, at least for now as COVID cases have been rising across the nation."

As I understand it, Americans who are fully vaccinated will be able to cross the land borders into Canada starting on August 9th. The fully vaccinated Canadians will not be able to go to the States by land until at least August 21st, but a further announcement will have to be made.

35 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

As I understand it, Americans who are fully vaccinated will be able to cross the land borders into Canada starting on August 9th. The fully vaccinated Canadians will not be able to go to the States by land until at least August 21st, but a further announcement will have to be made.

I didn't write the news article. According to the article, that is incorrect boss.

Read the quote below:

"Wednesday’s announcement from the U.S. means Michiganders won’t be able to make quick visits to Canada and back, at least for now as COVID cases have been rising across the nation."

Edited by twinkboylover28

12 hours ago, twinkboylover28 said:

I didn't write the news article. According to the article, that is incorrect boss.

Read the quote below:

Sometimes there is bad journalism. Like where you find most of your news. And this is a good example. Americans will be able to drive into Canada starting August 9th and nothing will stop them from driving back into the US as they are citizens. End of discussion.

14 minutes ago, LD19847 said:

I note there have been quite a few new dancers added to the roster on the Stock bar website.

Thanks for the heads up.  I have seen all the new dancers on the on-line feed.  A few comments:

Hayden.  Somewhat older.  Used to dance for the ladies at 281 (now closed).  I find him sexy but he has a very unfortunate full arm/shoulder tattoo...almost completely black.  I've never seen him show his full cock.

Shawn.  Also older.  Supposedly, used to dance at Stock years ago.  Large and beautiful cock.

Maxime.  I find him handsome.  I've only seen him dance on Wednesdays.  Very unique talented dance style.  Watch the clip!  Tight muscular body.  Beautiful.  Never drops his pants so I don't know if he is "blessed" down there.  

2 hours ago, mcbg22 said:

Has anyone been to Campus lately? 

And how do lap dances work in the COVID era? 

From what I could discern during a few brief visits: Masks mandatory when circulating from one point to another. Masks optional when stationary; sitting or standing drinking or chatting with friends or a dancer. Private dances same as pre-pandemic. 

19 hours ago, twinkboylover28 said:

Montreal Gay Village Summer 2021 July

https://youtu.be/_yOmQFBrnIU

Great to see most of the outdoor restaurants pretty busy, especially since tourists from outside Canada aren't able to get in yet.  This is lot more promising then the video I saw from earlier this year. Thanks for sharing.

I went to Campus Friday after a few weeks of not bothering. It has certainly picked up in attendance and energy. It appears that women have access all nights now. I have no issue with it and one cannot fault the venue for trying to uptick capacity. You may recall that 281 Club for them closed a few years ago. Campus now charging entry again $6.00 on Friday; I don’t know what other nights. 

I did not go into Stock but there was still none of the past spilling out of dancers outside in front that had usually conveyed the ambiance inside. 

BREAKING: ‘vaccine passport’ for venue admission fairly solidly in the works for the province. Québecois will have a matrix QR code or likely also an optional non-digital attestation. I do not know what certification format for foreign nationals will satisfy the criteria or if it will be somehow integrated into the mandatory ArriveCAN app info completion, but best to be organized and not caught off guard because entry into bars etc will not necessarily be exactly the same as arrival control and online prep for such.

Also bear in mind there is no guarantee the government will not backpedal on the recent re-opening to foreign nationals. 

Addendum: I forgot to add that I am not aware if documentation of natural post-infection immunity will suffice. A lot of moving parts and the implementation is likely weeks away. 

Edited by SirBIllybob

3 hours ago, SirBIllybob said:

I went to Campus Friday after a few weeks of not bothering. It has certainly picked up in attendance and energy. It appears that women have access all nights now. I have no issue with it and one cannot fault the venue for trying to uptick capacity. You may recall that 281 Club for them closed a few years ago. Campus now charging entry again $6.00 on Friday; I don’t know what other nights. 

I did not go into Stock but there was still none of the past spilling out of dancers outside in front that had usually conveyed the ambiance inside. 

BREAKING: ‘vaccine passport’ for venue admission fairly solidly in the works for the province. Québecois will have a matrix QR code or likely also an optional non-digital attestation. I do not know what certification format for foreign nationals will satisfy the criteria or if it will be somehow integrated into the mandatory ArriveCAN app info completion, but best to be organized and not caught off guard because entry into bars etc will not necessarily be exactly the same as arrival control and online prep for such.

Also bear in mind there is no guarantee the government will not backpedal on the recent re-opening to foreign nationals. 

Addendum: I forgot to add that I am not aware if documentation of natural post-infection immunity will suffice. A lot of moving parts and the implementation is likely weeks away. 

How were the guys at Campus? I'll be in Mtl tomorrow and Tuesday but I'm not sure if week nights are even worth going.

Up until 10:30 PM none of interest to me. A few more to my liking rolled in later than the usual ‘shift change’ days gone by. One a physique competitor dancing a few years now that brought a gym buddy first-timer. Couldn’t dance for his supper, knew it, and hammed it up on stage. Hot enough bod. A Bridezilla would have annulled it all at the point of the wedding reception couple dance. 

I don’t go week nights. I doubt it flies and I think the DJ has resorted to music videos on the big screen as fillers, between extended durations of dancer absence, judging by Friday evening around 21:00-21:45.

Any Americans here crossed the border since Aug 9?  If so, what were your experiences?

I’m tentatively booked for a Labor Day weekend visit to Montréal.  I’m vaccinated and will have to provide a negative PCR test within 72 hours of my arrival flight, as per the travel requirements.  But my understanding is we won’t have to be tested again in order to fly back to the States.   Please correct me if I’m wrong!

Anyone else planning to cross the border to Canada soon?  I can’t be the only one!! 

1 hour ago, Chidude said:

Any Americans here crossed the border since Aug 9?  If so, what were your experiences?

I’m tentatively booked for a Labor Day weekend visit to Montréal.  I’m vaccinated and will have to provide a negative PCR test within 72 hours of my arrival flight, as per the travel requirements.  But my understanding is we won’t have to be tested again in order to fly back to the States.   Please correct me if I’m wrong!

Anyone else planning to cross the border to Canada soon?  I can’t be the only one!! 

I would be very surprised if you are not required to be tested. If the feds don’t  request you be tested, the airlines will. 

Edited by Boy4

5 hours ago, Chidude said:

I’m Canadian but Americans I know have had to provide negative NAAT to re-enter USA, at least for trips where the USA-based test expires and cannot be used to return. There is also a complicated distinction based on days not hours. 

You need RT-PCR and vaccination to enter Canada, and need complete the ArriveCAN app, but I understand a negative antigen test will suffice for going back. However, the standard test in Canada is PCR so I don’t know how you’d pick a different NAAT option Canada-side; we don’t do antigen here to accommodate the American more flexible set of test criteria.

Why don’t you research it rather than banking on somebody here to experientially describe the process? USA entry regulations for nationals are clearly laid out by your own government. 

As of Sept 1st Quebec you will need a ‘vaccination passport’ to go places, that still needs to be fine-tuned in terms of how non-Quebecois will be assessed, scanned, etc. It is a new endeavour and the priority is pandemic control not smooth tourism. Expect growing pains and screw-ups that may hit you given your dates. Keep looking up using your words on search engines. 

Edited by SirBIllybob

On 8/15/2021 at 6:56 PM, SirBIllybob said:

I’m Canadian but Americans I know have had to provide negative NAAT to re-enter USA, at least for trips where the USA-based test expires and cannot be used to return. There is also a complicated distinction based on days not hours. 

You need RT-PCR and vaccination to enter Canada, and need complete the ArriveCAN app, but I understand a negative antigen test will suffice for going back. However, the standard test in Canada is PCR so I don’t know how you’d pick a different NAAT option Canada-side; we don’t do antigen here to accommodate the American more flexible set of test criteria.

Why don’t you research it rather than banking on somebody here to experientially describe the process? USA entry regulations for nationals are clearly laid out by your own government. 

As of Sept 1st Quebec you will need a ‘vaccination passport’ to go places, that still needs to be fine-tuned in terms of how non-Quebecois will be assessed, scanned, etc. It is a new endeavour and the priority is pandemic control not smooth tourism. Expect growing pains and screw-ups that may hit you given your dates. Keep looking up using your words on search engines. 

I read that Canada borders at the airport have been crazy for international travelers(outside of US travelers).  TTY issues with customs and immigration, baggage, etc.

I will hold off travel there until thing get better.