Attention! - 15th Annual Palm Springs Weekend, 2019

Oliver
This topic is 1867 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any recommendations for a gym in PS? I spoke with the x-fit gym and they have an open gym. The hotel offers a free pass to Work Camp, which I couldn’t find online. I need a place with plenty of kettlebells, a good box and a GHD unit, if possible.

World Gym at Sunrise and Vista Chino is where most of the gay gym bunnies go. During the White Party is when it is busiest.

Any recommendations for a gym in PS? I spoke with the x-fit gym and they have an open gym. The hotel offers a free pass to Work Camp, which I couldn’t find online. I need a place with plenty of kettlebells, a good box and a GHD unit, if possible.

I go to World Gym and @azdr0710 is gracious enough to drive me and come workout. It’s a Gold’s Gym kind of atmosphere. All of your boxes are checked except maybe the kettle Bells. I do not incorporate those often, so cannot 100% confirm if they have them. I’d lean towards yes.

I go to World Gym and @azdr0710 is gracious enough to drive me and come workout. It’s a Gold’s Gym kind of atmosphere. All of your boxes are checked except maybe the kettle Bells. I do not incorporate those often, so cannot 100% confirm if they have them. I’d lean towards yes.

I’ll give them a call. I’ve been doing a modified x-fit routine for over 4 years and have been using kettlebells extensively for 6. I’m not supposed to do dead-lifts anymore because of BP spikes, as much as I love them.

I have been a member of this forum for about 13 years and have had hours of enjoyment and aggravation as a result. I hate to think that this place in space may cease to exist.

I have not been asked to do so but at the dinner at Trio, I will be asking for donations to help this site keep going. Some people may be hesitant to donate to Daddy fearing a loss of confidentiality. I know many people here have contributed to Daddy directly and there is a link to do so should you want to do that. I am hoping that the feeling of conviviality and the rush of a few drinks will get some of the stickier wallets unstuck and also allow the most circumspect among us to donate in a way that is untraceable. .

So if you wish to make a non traceable donation to Daddy, bring some extra cash and hand it over. I will forward it to Daddy.

For those who think this is tacky, I hate your shoes.

Edited by purplekow

I have been a member of this forum for about 13 years and have had hours of enjoyment and aggravation as a result. I hate to think that this place in space may cease to non-exist.

I have not been asked to do so but at the dinner at Trio, I will be asking for donations to help this site keep going. Some people may be hesitant to donate to Daddy fearing a loss of confidentiality. I know many people here have contributed to Daddy directly and there is a link to do so should you want to do that. I am hoping that the feeling of conviviality and the rush of a few drinks will get some of the stickier wallets unstuck and also allow the most circumspect among us to donate in a way that is untraceable. .

So if you wish to make a non traceable donation to Daddy, bring some extra cash and hand it over. I will forward it to Daddy.

For those who think this is tacky, I hate your shoes.

Good idea.

Hey purplekow might I recommend that if you have not already done so you clear your idea with our host Oliver.

Hey purplekow might I recommend that if you have not already done so you clear your idea with our host Oliver.

You are correct that I should have done that initially, fortunately Oliver has given a thumbs up to the posting, though I will double up with that.

Ooh-la-la! The heat keeps going up for next week!!!

And a note to anyone who suffers from seasonal allergies: the wet winter followed by the sudden high heat with strong winds has caused a "super-bloom" of vegetation, including trees, unlike any allergy season we have experienced here in years. The wildflowers are spectacular, drawing crowds of spectators, but they also cause residents who usually have only mild allergies to have severe reactions. Don't forget to bring your most reliable medications for the weekend.

And a note to anyone who suffers from seasonal allergies: the wet winter followed by the sudden high heat with strong winds has caused a "super-bloom" of vegetation, including trees, unlike any allergy season we have experienced here in years. The wildflowers are spectacular, drawing crowds of spectators, but they also cause residents who usually have only mild allergies to have severe reactions. Don't forget to bring your most reliable medications for the weekend.

Good point. Especially considering many areas in the Midwest/North are still void of much green life. There’s been some grass growing and flowers popping out, but nothing in full bloom.

In case anyone is curious of weather:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USCA0828:1:US

Now: when I checked my iPhone weather app Thursday night, it showed a prediction of rain on Sunday. I checked again Friday morning, it shows 0% chance. But it does seem to point having some rain Friday. Even with that, it’s likely not going to be a factor.

It does show it to be hot this weekend, but not as hot next weekend. Which is probably a good thing, as I can remember some times being in that area and it being close to or exceeding 100 degrees. It doesn’t feel as bad unless you have on clothes. It’s not a Texas or Florida 100 degrees, which is unbearable.

In case anyone is curious of weather:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USCA0828:1:US

Now: when I checked my iPhone weather app Thursday night, it showed a prediction of rain on Sunday. I checked again Friday morning, it shows 0% chance. But it does seem to point having some rain Friday. Even with that, it’s likely not going to be a factor.

It does show it to be hot this weekend, but not as hot next weekend. Which is probably a good thing, as I can remember some times being in that area and it being close to or exceeding 100 degrees. It doesn’t feel as bad unless you have on clothes. It’s not a Texas or Florida 100 degrees, which is unbearable.

I saw it should be more in the 70s and 80s than 10 degrees higher. Chance of showers no big deal (ok I'm from Seattle.) Could be cool at night. Maybe a light jacket for back up?

Really looking forward to this next weekend. I've lost count of how many I've been to, but never regretted it. With so much of life in the virtual realm these days, it's great to have the opportunity for real face-to-face and in-the-flesh connections (with all that entails...). Many thanks in advance to the organizers for keeping this tradition going strong.