Now THAT'S a headline you don't see everyday!

samhexum

2 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Well of the people who were clearly ( and some admittedly ) Aspergers....I have to say none of them were good at sports. True. I can think of one who was definitely rather clumsy. I never associated the two. Interesting fact. Thanks for sharing.

If clumsiness is a sign of autism I'm completely beyond the spectrum

48 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

If clumsiness is a sign of autism I'm completely beyond the spectrum

escalator-stairs.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by Unicorn

3 hours ago, jeezopete said:

Funeral Home Startled When Body in Coffin Turns Out to Be Alive

3b78e970b1843a89afdc86e85c81190f
WWW.YAHOO.COM

Imagine going to a dear departed loved one's wake only for them to, well, actually not be dead. That was the case in the city of Babahoyo, Ecuador over the weekend...

Thank God I was not in attendance.  The authorities assessing the resulting damage would never believe it was from just one old man taking leave.

4 hours ago, jeezopete said:

WWW.YAHOO.COM

Imagine going to a dear departed loved one's wake only for them to, well, actually not be dead. That was the case in the city of Babahoyo, Ecuador over the weekend...

49 minutes ago, samhexum said:

I can sort of understand something like this happening in another country like this case, but the last paragraph of that article said:

In February, an 82-year-old woman was found to be breathing while lying in a funeral home in New York State. She had been pronounced dead three hours earlier at a nursing home.

😮

On 6/18/2023 at 2:58 PM, jeezopete said:

WWW.YAHOO.COM

Typical South America. You PAY to have the body embalmed and of course they just shoved your loved one in a crate and called it a day.  Well I guess this one was lucky since the coroner also didn't check to see if he was actually dead.

Brazen bandit uses blowtorch to steal $448 in skin care products from NYC Walgreens

Methinks somebody has a really bad acne problem.

Maybe they were too CHICKEN to make a run for it.

How to tell if your local McDonald's 'is a good one'

1. THE LIGHTS ARE ON

2. THE DOORS AREN'T LOCKED

3. THERE'S NO BURGER KING IN THE AREA

A groom died at his wedding photo shoot, leaving the bride married and widowed 'in a 10-minute span,' friends say

Near the end of the article was this paragraph which quotes a family friend:

"She's been widowed and married in a 10-minute span. She's going to need lawn services. She's going to need snow removal when the winter comes," Roberson said. "Johnnie Mae has suffered through so much, and she's just such a loving person."

bcc049c0ee2f515a27eb37f16bdb6a8e
WWW.YAHOO.COM

Toraze Davis, 48, married Johnnie Mae Davis in Omaha, Nebraska, on Monday. He suffered a fatal blood clot as they stepped outside to take photos.

43 minutes ago, jeezopete said:

"She's been widowed and married in a 10-minute span. She's going to need lawn services. She's going to need snow removal when the winter comes," Roberson said. "Johnnie Mae has suffered through so much, and she's just such a loving person."

bcc049c0ee2f515a27eb37f16bdb6a8e

Sounds fishy, especially with that GoFundMe page attached. How would they know he died of a massive blood clot? In my three decades as a physician, I've never convinced a coroner to do an autopsy. Nor do I know of any friends or relatives in all of the memorials I've attended, in which an autopsy was done. When a morbidly obese man like that dies suddenly, the coroner essentially tells the patient's doctor to attribute it to a heart attack. Even when I've voiced concerns, they still don't do autopsies. 

2 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

Sounds fishy, especially with that GoFundMe page attached. How would they know he died of a massive blood clot? In my three decades as a physician, I've never convinced a coroner to do an autopsy. Nor do I know of any friends or relatives in all of the memorials I've attended, in which an autopsy was done. When a morbidly obese man like that dies suddenly, the coroner essentially tells the patient's doctor to attribute it to a heart attack. Even when I've voiced concerns, they still don't do autopsies. 

Maybe because of the awful circumstances the coroner was convinced to get a definitive answer?

Airport worker ‘ingested’ into plane engine in Texas died by suicide, medical examiner’s office says

b5a393d6eb54027aaeb566206baec756
WWW.YAHOO.COM

A ground worker who was “ingested” into a plane’s engine at San Antonio International Airport Friday died by suicide, according to the Bexar County Medical...

2 hours ago, jeezopete said:

Airport worker ‘ingested’ into plane engine in Texas died by suicide, medical examiner’s office says

b5a393d6eb54027aaeb566206baec756
WWW.YAHOO.COM

A ground worker who was “ingested” into a plane’s engine at San Antonio International Airport Friday died by suicide, according to the Bexar County Medical...

Anyone else thing it is darkly ironic that the story refers to the individual as a 'ground' worker....  sorry, I'll show myself out.

6 hours ago, samhexum said:
‘Aggressive cow’ terrorizes students in Pennsylvania college town, police respond

Moooo-ve! 'Aggressive cow' terrorizes students in Pennsylvania college town 

If not for the video evidence above, I'd think this story was a lot of bull. 

I don't see any udder... but perhaps this bull/steer identifies as a cow?  

They should rename the town to Pamplona, given the running of the bull.

2 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

I don't see any udder... but perhaps this bull/steer identifies as a cow?  ...

I don't think that heifers (cows that haven't had a calf) show udders. I didn't see any male parts either. Maybe we have some bovine experts in our midst?

On 6/20/2023 at 8:58 PM, pubic_assistance said:

Typical South America. You PAY to have the body embalmed and of course they just shoved your loved one in a crate and called it a day.  Well I guess this one was lucky since the coroner also didn't check to see if he was actually dead.

Interesting negative generalization of an entire continent. When I think of cheaters and short cutters I usually think of lack of work ethic among our rednecks.

5 hours ago, Unicorn said:

I don't think that heifers (cows that haven't had a calf) show udders. I didn't see any male parts either. Maybe we have some bovine experts in our midst?

There's that little triangle-shaped thingy about 2/3 back along it's ventral side, which I believe is where its penis is - the apparent lack of testicles likely suggests it has been castrated and is a steer.  Cows usually have an udder by the time they are about 1 year old or so, but it would be unusual for a heifer to have horns as large as that one has until it was even older.  But then again, I'm not a farmer - lol.

12 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

There's that little triangle-shaped thingy about 2/3 back along it's ventral side, which I believe is where its penis is - the apparent lack of testicles likely suggests it has been castrated and is a steer.  Cows usually have an udder by the time they are about 1 year old or so, but it would be unusual for a heifer to have horns as large as that one has until it was even older.  But then again, I'm not a farmer - lol.

Well, now we know why he's upset. Another case of Mad Cow?

On 6/17/2023 at 2:19 PM, pubic_assistance said:

Well of the people who were clearly ( and some admittedly ) Aspergers....I have to say none of them were good at sports. True. I can think of one who was definitely rather clumsy. I never associated the two. Interesting fact. Thanks for sharing.

I have to post it!

YVl.gif

forrest-gump-run-forrest-run.gif