Now THAT'S a headline you don't see everyday!

samhexum

Try this for some interesting headlines:

Google "Florida man" followed by your birthday. 

Example: "Florida man October 17" finds this:

Florida man kills family friend for ‘trying to pick up’ his imaginary girlfriend

"Florida man October 18" finds this:

Florida man with half a head arrested for attempted murder, arson

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, jeezopete said:

Florida Mom Pulls Giant Python Out of Car Wearing Flip Flops and Apron

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-snake-trapper-mike-tiktok-video-car-python-1653280?amp=1

Wow, talk about misleading! The giant python was actually under the car not in it, and..... it WASN'T wearing flip flops and an apron!! 😕

The headline was clearly wrong. I've never seen a car that was wearing flip flops and an apron!

On 10/11/2021 at 11:55 PM, samhexum said:

Michigan pastor with 8 DUI priors accused of trying to murder sheriff’s deputies

A Michigan pastor with eight prior drunk driving offenses was charged Wednesday with attempting to murder two sheriff’s deputies with his car, a report said.

The chaotic scene unfolded after police encountered the allegedly inebriated pastor, David Jones, in his car outside of a convenience store off 1-75 in Arenac County, authorities told WXYZ.

Jones refused to cooperate with the deputies and sped his car across the highway, slamming into the back of a building, police said.

The pastor then allegedly turned around and sped into a patrol car that had pursued him, Arena County Undersheriff Don McIntyre told the outlet.

The chaotic scene unfolded after police encountered the allegedly inebriated pastor, David Jones, in his car outside of a convenience store off 1-75 in Arenac County, authorities told WXYZ.

David Jones refused to cooperate with the deputies and sped his car across the highway. Facebook

“If you turn your vehicle around and intentionally collide with a police vehicle, you are going to be charged with attempted murder on police,” McIntyre said.

The deputies were uninjured. After the collision, they were forced to wrestle Jones from his car as the suspect continued resisting, the report said.

The pastor was being held on a $1 million bond.

Florida city’s mural depicts first black female firefighter as white

A Florida city’s first black female firefighter has filed a lawsuit against the municipality after a controversial mural was unveiled that depicted her with white skin.

Latosha Clemons’ lawsuit against Boynton Beach claims the pioneering firefighter deserves more than $100,000 after she suffered damages “including, but not limited to, loss of income, relocation expenses and additional living expenses as a result of relocating.”

The mural, which was unveiled last year before it was quickly yanked, caused mental and emotional harm and “subjected her to ridicule, contempt, disgrace and/or humiliation,” her attorney Arthur Schofield wrote in an amended complaint.

Latosha Clemons — Boynton Beach's first black female firefighter — is suing the city for $100,000 after it unveiled a mural that featured her with white skin. Latosha Clemons — Boynton Beach’s first black female firefighter — is suing the city for $100,000 after it unveiled a mural that featured her with white skin.  

“Being depicted as white was not only a false presentation of CLEMONS, it was also a depiction which completely disrespected all that CLEMONS the first black firefighter for the CITY had accomplished, her determination, focus and hard work,” a recent amended complaint said.

City officials are scheduled to meet Tuesday to discuss the lawsuit and figure out how to proceed, the Boynton Beach Post reported.

Clemons, who spent 26 years with the department before retiring last year, was to be included in a mural for one of the city’s fire stations. Her image was based on a photo of Clemons and two other female firefighters.

Clemons was supposed to be the figure in the bottom right of the mural. Clemons was supposed to be the figure in the bottom right of the mural. YouTube/Palm Beach Post

But when the city unveiled the mural in June 2020, Clemons and another former fire chief, who is also black, were portrayed as white. The debacle sparked swift backlash that led to the firing of the fire chief and another employee and removing the mural a day later.

The fired public art manager told the Post she was pressured by the fire chief and staff to make the change, with City Hall aware of the alteration, according to the Post.

The photo of Clemons and other firefighters that the mural was supposed to be based on. The photo of Clemons and other firefighters that the mural was supposed to be based on.

City attorneys said in a court filing that the employees who changed the artwork acted “outside the scope of their employment,” the Post reported.

She told the newspaper at the time she was hurt, disappointed and outraged.

“It’s been my heart and soul and my lifeblood to serve in the community where I grew up … this is beyond disrespect and I basically want to know why it happened.”

Wow~ Just… Wow….😳

• 4 weeks later...

Homeless shelter resident stabs man over phone in Chelsea

Jeez...  I know I'm clueless about technology, but they have tech that allows you to stab somebody you're talking to on the phone now?  What about texting?  Can you do it that way, too?  Is this feature something related to 5G technology?  I'm so stuck in last century...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, samhexum said:

Drunken Luann de Lesseps kicked out of gay piano bar

There's such a thing as a straight piano bar?

Actually, straight piano bars do indeed exist.  I don't know if all these spots survived the pandemic, but there used to be four dueling piano bars on the Las Vegas Strip.  I've never actually been to one but have walked by many times.  The crowd looks pretty mixed, not particularly gay.  The singing piano players who worked in them made some serious $$$.  For their sake, I hope the lounges managed to survive.

Edited by BSR
Typo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

74-year-old golfer shoots man for walking his dog on Palm Beach course

A tranquil Palm Beach County golf course exploded in gunfire Sunday after a 74-year-old member allegedly shot a man for walking his dog on the greens — as other retirees gawked from their balconies, according to police.

Robert Levine, originally from New York and now living in Florida, is facing attempted murder raps after confronting Herbert Merritt, 64, at the Kings Point golf course in Delray Beach.

Levine was puttering along in his golf cart when he spotted Merritt walking a pooch close to the course grounds, according to a police report.

Levine sped his vehicle up to Merritt and began berating him for the offense before pulling out a black handgun, authorities said.

Merritt took off running and tried to take cover near a course tree while Levine gave chase on foot and squeezed off several rounds.

Merritt eventually went down at the 15th hole after being struck in the ankle, cops said.

Levine then allegedly returned to his golf cart, retrieved a club and began clobbering Merritt as he writhed on the ground, the report stated.

One witness saw the chaos unfold from his balcony overlooking the course and called the police. He told officers that he saw Levine kick Merritt in the head at one point.

Another woman said she was relaxing in bed when she heard the gunfire pop near the rear of her residence. She claimed she came out and saw Levine firing at Merritt.

The witness said she also saw Levine bashing his victim with a club in one hand and the firearm in the other.

Responding officers arrived to find Levine standing over Merritt on the course with four 9mm shell casings nearby.

Merritt was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Levine was also taken in for evaluation after suffering an unrelated medical episode at the scene.

Police said they recovered a 9mm pistol from Levine, who remains hospitalized.

This story has all the elements for a really funny comedy sketch.

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, samhexum said:

I lost half my body in a forklift accident — stop asking how I have sex

https://nypost.com/2022/05/16/i-lost-half-my-body-in-a-forklift-accident-dont-ask-how-i-have-sex/

I don't know words that could adequately describe or express my admiration of this young man and his wife.

The words that I have for those who would inquire into their intimacies would not be palatable. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oral sex sends Florida man crashing into FedEx truck

It was a head-on collision — literally.

A distracted Florida man receiving oral sex smashed directly into a FedEx truck in Ft. Lauderdale Thursday night, injuring his groin.

The unidentified man and his female companion were both found partially naked after the collision...

https://nypost.com/2022/06/03/oral-sex-sends-florida-man-crashing-into-fedex-truck/