UPS Delivery

Avalon
This topic is 792 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On 4/30/2018 at 2:03 PM, Avalon said:

Back in the 80s I subscribed to some artsy magazine and with a new subscription they would send some "gift". I did not know it would be sent UPS but one day I found a package on the porch. I did not open it. I went to the post office and mailed it back with a letter telling them to send the "gift" via USPS. Afterall the magazine would be coming via USPS. I never got the gift back nor a reply to my complaint letter.

Classic Avalon. Politics notwithstanding, I miss him. 

4 hours ago, FreshFluff said:

Classic Avalon. Politics notwithstanding, I miss him. 

Well, that's someone who definitely went the extra mile to be difficult. Did he really expect someone to mail the gift back to him after he went to the trouble to mail it back for no valid reason? When you say you miss him, has he passed away? It looks as though he hasn't posted in over 2 years. If he had trouble making it to his front door, that's usually not a good sign, health-wise... 😉

• 1 month later...

Isn't that's just how USP works...? The exact situation happened to me once, except for the fact that I really did lose my package. I ordered a fridge for my mom's new house. Can you imagine how mad I was? I purchased it, got it delivered to my doorstep, and then I lost it just because I was a few minutes late to open the door! After this, I tried to track my package. down, but I had no luck. Now, here's the thing, I used to live in a rather bad neighborhood. The people got their stuffs stolen all the time, so nobody really bothered... And USP sent me no compensating fee. 

Edited by claraschaf

This thread is old but like most people said on here if you don't want the package left without you being home request a signature to be required or you can also choose the option to be held and pick it up directly yourself from the FedEx or UPS station. Now here's a tip as well, if you want it left somewhere specific or to be sure they ring your doorbell put that in the address section. Like this:

John Doe

123 Main Street

*Please Ring Doorbell* -or- *Please Leave On Back Porch*

Anytown, USA 12345

1 hour ago, BuffaloKyle said:

This thread is old but like most people said on here if you don't want the package left without you being home request a signature to be required or you can also choose the option to be held and pick it up directly yourself from the FedEx or UPS station. Now here's a tip as well, if you want it left somewhere specific or to be sure they ring your doorbell put that in the address section. Like this:

John Doe

123 Main Street

*Please Ring Doorbell* -or- *Please Leave On Back Porch*

Anytown, USA 12345

so like...

Joe Mendoza

123 Main Street

*Please Insert Package in My Human Hole*

Anytown, USA 12345

I like that.

On 9/6/2021 at 12:25 PM, Unicorn said:

Well, that's someone who definitely went the extra mile to be difficult. Did he really expect someone to mail the gift back to him after he went to the trouble to mail it back for no valid reason? When you say you miss him, has he passed away? It looks as though he hasn't posted in over 2 years. If he had trouble making it to his front door, that's usually not a good sign, health-wise... 😉

Try to keep up. Avalon was in a nursing home at last report on another site after he was kicked out here

• 2 weeks later...

I can say that the time varies greatly and the delivery speed depends on many factors, from the weight of the parcel to the country from which it comes. in Germany, let's say the spread is very large and it is wrong to focus on a certain time. I started using the site sendungsverfolgung for tracking parcels several years ago and I can confidently say that it is very convenient. you can easily track the approximate delivery time Therefore, now I order from the Internet only with this service 

Edited by illadnami

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2018 at 5:05 PM, Racketjock said:

my local UPS driver is in his late 30's, hairy, and has a beautiful smile and cute ass.

@whipped guy : Being as shallow as @Racketjock the biggest problem in my estimation is that the UPS guys are indeed hot and there is no time for any mutual appreciation of the packaging in all its various forms.

@Rudynate : The best UPS drivers ever were in Denver. They were consistently over-the top-sexy. It seemed that they had to be hiring them for their looks.

2196143.gif

Edited by samhexum
Just for the hell of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I do the same, I used to order a package by courier to the house - in the end he brought it when I was at work, without calling in advance. So I also gave up this service. So, I also have a rent box That way my packages are never lost and I pick them up at a time that is convenient for me. And it doesn't matter if I order by UPS or any other service. As for the tracking itself, tried different sites, but now I`m using this site sendungsverfolgung - is the most informative. Parcels are tracked with high accuracy and without any delays.

Edited by adamsdf

• 2 weeks later...

Home delivery is the worst. I once got a package delivered in the morning. I was at work at the time. When I got home, there was no package left. I called their customer support, and they told me this is how it works, and they can't do anything about it. Since then, I started using https://www.packages24.com/carriers/lasership-tracking , both for next-day delivery and to continuously track my package. I feel safer this way. So you are not the first person unpleasant by their delivery method.

Edited by roberysmit

If you receive your package, consider that a success. 

Right now in my condo building there are about a dozen packages misdelivered by a variety of carriers -- USPS, UPS, FedEx and Amazon's own delivery service.  I used to try to track people down on social media to tell them their package had been misdelivered and offered that they could come by to pick it up, but it was happening so frequently that I was spending way too much time doing this and frequently wasn't able to find a way to contact people anyway.  I also used to contact Amazon and they basically won't do anything else you are the person whose package was lost/stolen...they won't even request the driver to return to pick up a package they misdelivered only minutes ago!  A call to other carriers results in the same thing -- a waste of time on the phone, sometimes an assurance that they will send someone out to pick up the package the next day, but the packages are never retrieved.  So now they just sit there, accumulating dust until someone who lives here takes or discards them.

I can somewhat understand Amazon not caring as it's probably easier for them to just send a replacement to the person whose package is lost once that person calls.  Unless it's an expensive item they probably don't care about it.  One would think the carriers would be more interested in making things right, though, since I assume they end up paying insurance claims on stuff that goes missing because they delivered it to the wrong address.  Maybe I'm wrong about that, though.

I can understand misdelivering a package for a similar address, but sometimes the street number and street name have no similarities, and the deliver address isn't even in the same neighborhood.  Quite shoddy work on the part of all of these carriers, and this isn't limited to this time of year when shipping volume is higher.

• 2 months later...

UPS missed a priority window to make ferry reservations for its trucks to get to Nantucket this summer — leaving businesses scrambling to accommodate affluent locals and moneyed visitors.

The shipping courier failed to request reservations for its trucks during an early priority window before ferries for the island’s busiest season from May to October were booked close to capacity, the Boston Globe reported Sunday.

“It’s going to put us in a world of hurt,” Shantaw Bloise, business manager at the Nantucket Chamber of Commerce, told the newspaper. “I can’t imagine how we’ll be able to function just relying on DHL, FedEx and the Postal Service.”

James Malkin, a governing board member of the Steamship Authority, which regulates ferry operations between mainland Massachusetts and Nantucket, said UPS didn’t respond last fall when it sent paperwork to freight shippers to make ferry reservations for this summer.

The Steamship Authority even reached out as to why UPS didn’t respond ahead of the reservations being opened to the public, Malkin said.

“Someone at UPS dropped the ball,” he told the Globe.

It’s unclear exactly when, but at some point, the “light bulb went off” and UPS recognized the error and scooped up whatever reservations for it trucks to reach Nantucket’s distribution center, Malkin said.

“But they don’t have what they need,” Malkin continued.

Stephanie Correia, who operates Stephanie’s, a clothing and home goods store on Main Street, said UPS is a “lifeline” for businesses like hers and questioned how the company could drop the ball so blatantly.

“You cross your T’s and dot your I’s,” Correia told the Globe. “I’ve been in business for 26 years, and I’ve never seen anything like this.”

A message seeking comment from UPS was not immediately returned early Monday, but a company spokesperson said the courier is working to find other solutions.

“UPS has ferry reservations and is working on other transportation options to ensure packages are delivered on time to the island during the busy summer season,” UPS told the Globe.

UPS’ ferry reservations to Martha’s Vineyard appear unaffected, the Globe reported, despite bulk reservations for both islands typically being requested on the same form.

But if the disruption to UPS’ service to Nantucket isn’t resolved by May, retailers and everyday residents may suffer the consequences of low supplies of food, fuel and appliances.

“We get two UPS deliveries a day,” Vanessa Moore, of Nantucket Housefitters, told the Globe. “Our clients won’t be getting the tiles for their bathroom floors.”

But simply adding capacity to the fright shippers might not be doable, a Steamship Authority spokesman said.

“We’re basically at the maximum number of routes right now in terms of the number of boats and the number of crew members,” spokesman Sean Driscoll said. “There might be a couple of trips here and there we can add, but not on any kind of systemic basis … There’s no secret tunnel for the freight shippers.”

One Nantucket shop owner, meanwhile, told Bloise she’s even considering hauling her wares to the island herself.

“People are going to have to get creative,” the Nantucket Chamber of Commerce business manager told the Globe.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/14/ups-missed-nantucket-ferry-reservation-window/

2 hours ago, samhexum said:

UPS missed a priority window to make ferry reservations for its trucks to get to Nantucket this summer — leaving businesses scrambling to accommodate affluent locals and moneyed visitors.

The shipping courier failed to request reservations for its trucks during an early priority window before ferries for the island’s busiest season from May to October were booked close to capacity, the Boston Globe reported Sunday.

“It’s going to put us in a world of hurt,” Shantaw Bloise, business manager at the Nantucket Chamber of Commerce, told the newspaper. “I can’t imagine how we’ll be able to function just relying on DHL, FedEx and the Postal Service.”

James Malkin, a governing board member of the Steamship Authority, which regulates ferry operations between mainland Massachusetts and Nantucket, said UPS didn’t respond last fall when it sent paperwork to freight shippers to make ferry reservations for this summer.

The Steamship Authority even reached out as to why UPS didn’t respond ahead of the reservations being opened to the public, Malkin said.

“Someone at UPS dropped the ball,” he told the Globe.

It’s unclear exactly when, but at some point, the “light bulb went off” and UPS recognized the error and scooped up whatever reservations for it trucks to reach Nantucket’s distribution center, Malkin said.

“But they don’t have what they need,” Malkin continued.

Stephanie Correia, who operates Stephanie’s, a clothing and home goods store on Main Street, said UPS is a “lifeline” for businesses like hers and questioned how the company could drop the ball so blatantly.

“You cross your T’s and dot your I’s,” Correia told the Globe. “I’ve been in business for 26 years, and I’ve never seen anything like this.”

A message seeking comment from UPS was not immediately returned early Monday, but a company spokesperson said the courier is working to find other solutions.

“UPS has ferry reservations and is working on other transportation options to ensure packages are delivered on time to the island during the busy summer season,” UPS told the Globe.

UPS’ ferry reservations to Martha’s Vineyard appear unaffected, the Globe reported, despite bulk reservations for both islands typically being requested on the same form.

But if the disruption to UPS’ service to Nantucket isn’t resolved by May, retailers and everyday residents may suffer the consequences of low supplies of food, fuel and appliances.

“We get two UPS deliveries a day,” Vanessa Moore, of Nantucket Housefitters, told the Globe. “Our clients won’t be getting the tiles for their bathroom floors.”

But simply adding capacity to the fright shippers might not be doable, a Steamship Authority spokesman said.

“We’re basically at the maximum number of routes right now in terms of the number of boats and the number of crew members,” spokesman Sean Driscoll said. “There might be a couple of trips here and there we can add, but not on any kind of systemic basis … There’s no secret tunnel for the freight shippers.”

One Nantucket shop owner, meanwhile, told Bloise she’s even considering hauling her wares to the island herself.

“People are going to have to get creative,” the Nantucket Chamber of Commerce business manager told the Globe.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/14/ups-missed-nantucket-ferry-reservation-window/

Rats!!  I confused "ferry" with "fairy," thinking I might get a reservation with their twunk driver on my route.  😛