UPS Delivery

Avalon
This topic is 792 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Last week I spoke to Life Alert to get their emergency system. I was told that UPS would deliver the equipment today (Monday). A few minutes ago I heard a knock on my door. I yelled that I was coming. I'm slow moving. When I got there the box was on the ground and no delivery man. I do not like that!!!

What if I had not heard the knock? I'm not going anywhere but I don't like that type of service. Someone could have stolen it!

When I called Life Alert to tell them it had arrived I complained about it but the woman said that's how UPS is.

This is why since last century (1996) I have not gotten home mail delivery. I have a rent box at the UPS store in a shopping center three miles away.

that's how UPS is......you did get your parcel

I think ?? you can pay extra for signature service, but I doubt LifeAlert would pay for that extra shipping charge.....and you probably were not even offered the option

I had forgotten just how bad home delivery is!

Back in the 80s I subscribed to some artsy magazine and with a new subscription they would send some "gift". I did not know it would be sent UPS but one day I found a package on the porch. I did not open it. I went to the post office and mailed it back with a letter telling them to send the "gift" via USPS. Afterall the magazine would be coming via USPS. I never got the gift back nor a reply to my complaint letter.

You can't really blame UPS or the sender for this. They simply cannot wait for everyone to get to door; they have to deliver all their packages in a set time. Imagine waiting 2 minute for each customer. With 30 packages that is an extra hour. I have a video monitor at my door, they literally drop package at door, ring doorbell, leave immediately. With the increase in Amazon they just can't wait anymore.

You can't really blame UPS or the sender for this. They simply cannot wait for everyone to get to door; they have to deliver all their packages in a set time. Imagine waiting 2 minute for each customer. With 30 packages that is an extra hour. I have a video monitor at my door, they literally drop package at door, ring doorbell, leave immediately. With the increase in Amazon they just can't wait anymore.

I'm just glad that I don't have to regularly deal with home delivery. Last time was last century. I remember one time back when I was working they left the package with my neighbors. And of course then the neighbors went away for several days.

Another time - I was living in a large complex - I left a note to leave the package with the apartment manager; she lived in the complex. Of course they didn't. They left it with a neighbor.

I understand your frustration . If your mail comes to a box at the ups store , you can also use that address to receive your ups deliveries. Therefore there are no worries about a package being left at your front door unattended .

Last week I spoke to Life Alert to get their emergency system. I was told that UPS would deliver the equipment today (Monday). A few minutes ago I heard a knock on my door. I yelled that I was coming. I'm slow moving. When I got there the box was on the ground and no delivery man. I do not like that!!!

What if I had not heard the knock? I'm not going anywhere but I don't like that type of service. Someone could have stolen it!

When I called Life Alert to tell them it had arrived I complained about it but the woman said that's how UPS is.

This is why since last century (1996) I have not gotten home mail delivery. I have a rent box at the UPS store in a shopping center three miles away.

I understand your frustration . If your mail comes to a box at the ups store , you can also use that address to receive your ups deliveries. Therefore there are no worries about a package being left at your front door unattended .

Right! That's why I have that box.

I do like the old joke. If FedEx and UPS merged they'd be FED-UP. ;-))) Just like many of their customers.

Where I lived in the past, UPS sucked. Where I live now, we've had a great delivery man. You could practically set your watch to when he would arrive at our building. Many times, would call to say leaving a package. Sadly, but good for him, he retired just before the holidays last year. Good timing for a UPS retirement. New guy on the route is usually about the same time, but just a drop off and go. Guess it depends on who has the route where you live.

FedEx, awful, no matter where I lived. Packages opened, foot prints on packages, packages left at wrong address. Amazon, not much better.

Sometimes you have to choose your battles. We have multiple deliveries daily at our complex, which has a secured entrance, from both FedEx and UPS. Some drivers make an effort to deliver their packages correctly, others, not so much. So allow me to say something that everyone seems to hate.. "anyways, at the end of the day, it is what it is" :p

Edited by bigvalboy

Sometimes you have to choose your battles. We have multiple deliveries daily at our complex, which has a secured entrance, from both FedEx and UPS. Some drivers make an effort to deliver their packages correctly, others, not so much. So allow me to say something that everyone seems to hate.. "anyways, at the end of the day, it is what it is" :p

Ha! Wait until the drones take over!!! 10 years from now every building will have a landing pad! :eek:

Did you specify the delivery should be sent to your address at the UPS Store? When I was staying in a hotel for three months (extended business trip) I opened a UPS Store mailbox and had mail and packages sent there. It was easy!

Did you specify the delivery should be sent to your address at the UPS Store? When I was staying in a hotel for three months (extended business trip) I opened a UPS Store mailbox and had mail and packages sent there. It was easy!

When I set up the arrangements last week with Life Alert I wanted it delivered to my box at the UPS store but then I realized it would be a couple of weeks before someone (my landlord) would be picking up the mail. And Life Alert wanted to make an appointment to install it as soon as possible. Home delivery would be best. My complaint is not home delivery per se but his just giving a knock and leaving it in front of my door. I explained to the Life Alert man that I wanted the UPS man to knock several times and wait for me and that I am slow getting to the door. I did not know their policy was just to leave it so anyone could steal it. I wonder what the theft rate is on UPS drop offs?

I have not opened the box. I'll leave that to the installer. There are some papers in it that I will need to complete. The Life Alert man said that UPS will be back to pick them up on Thursday. Will the UPS knock and wait? The Life Alert man said I could tape it to the front door. Who cares if someone steals it! Right?

my first job was at Fedex as a "package Handler"... my manager made my pregnant coworker unload the trailers in 100 degree heat instead of giving her one of the more cush jobs like the scanner or working the belt. 3 am to 11 am. I wont ever use Fedex after those experiences.

Being admittedly shallow, my biggest peeve about this is my local UPS driver is in his late 30's, hairy, and has a beautiful smile and cute ass. I miss the opportunity to admire said qualities which makes my appreciate my package, his package, and the delivered package.

Not shallow at all....real is the description...

I have had delivery services leave packages in the middle of my driveway. Once I arrived home after dark and almost ran over the package. It was not Waterford crystal, but still it could have been a disaster. Another time the package was left on the front stoop during a major snow storm and I did not realize that it had been “delivered”. Thinking that I never received the package I was sent a replacement. A month and many snowstorms later I discovered the once frozen and now soggy and thawed package under a pile of melted snow.

Got an Amazon delivery the other day... the ring bell and run as fast as you can delivery system was used. Of course being able to track a package helps as I knew that the parcel was “ out for delivery” and the item was “delivered and left at font door at 12:35 PM”. So modern technology helps.