2019 Palm Springs Weekend!

Oliver
This topic is 1855 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized that I check into InnDulge in only 34 days! Hopefully that also means no more hearing about wind chill factor on the weather forecast.

Excellent news, roomie. I have my ticket to LA, and Epigonos and I are arriving on Friday as usual.

Edited by jawjateck

I'm finally going to make it - to the pool at least!

Because of prior commitments I cannot make it until Sunday AM. I figured I would hang out somewhere, maybe meet some new friends at Canyon Club in the morning then onto party.

Already checked in with Oliver.

?

:eek:

I'm finally going to make it - to the pool at least!

Because of prior commitments I cannot make it until Sunday AM. I figured I would hang out somewhere, maybe meet some new friends at Canyon Club in the morning then onto party.

Already checked in with Oliver.

?

I will be in Room 112 at Canyon Club Would be happy to meet you Sunday AM. Robster and SoCal Guy will be there as well as well as others. So come on in. Don't come aknockin' if 112 is arockin', just open in the door and join in. :eek:o_O:rolleyes:;)

:eek:

I will be in Room 112 at Canyon Club Would be happy to meet you Sunday AM. Robster and SoCal Guy will be there as well as well as others. So come on in. Don't come aknockin' if 112 is arockin', just open in the door and join in. :eek:o_O:rolleyes:;)

Sounds like fun!

for those interested, I'll be doing morning hikes on Friday the 12th and Saturday the 13th......depending on how hot it is, we can meet up (or I can pick you up) and start the hikes about 8-ish......I'm staying at the Canyon Club and can pick up one or two people staying in the Warm Sands area if needed.....will probably do the Araby Trail if parking is available (close-up views of the former Bob Hope home!) and the Bump And Grind Trail (we might see the shirtless local fireman again!) a ways out in Palm Desert......steady uphill, but my hikes are never a race and we'll try to stay together, taking breaks as needed.....maybe about an hour or a bit more of actual hiking on high-quality trails.....please PM me via the forum here if interested.......thanks

bump-n-grind.jpg

@mike carey ..... I’m hoping to meet you in Palm Springs in April. I’m especially interested in your views on George Pell and Fraser Anning. They appear to generate very polarizing views in Australia.

There are genuinely split views on Pell but Anning's support is limited to extremists. I'm not sure how many of them there are, but I haven't seen any sympathy for him over his being egged yesterday (there were principled objections to the use of any violence against him but no sympathy for his views that were the trigger for the egging).

There are genuinely split views on Pell but Anning's support is limited to extremists. I'm not sure how many of them there are, but I haven't seen any sympathy for him over his being egged yesterday (there were principled objections to the use of any violence against him but no sympathy for his views that were the trigger for the egging).

I don’t pretend to know everything there is to know about these two guys but I find them both interesting people. Hope we have a chance to talk in Palm Springs.

i've made a slight change to my plans. instead of staying until the 21st, i'll be heading home on the 16th - there's a concert in nyc on the 17th that i definitely don't want to miss (it's yeasayer, and i missed them twice recently) and i've got a good friend who will be in town, so i'll get to see him if i'm back. i'll be sad to miss a few extra days in the sun but this change means i get to have it all :)

Hey! I have booked a room at All Worlds. Let me know if anyone needs accommodation and can't find it (I think the resort was just about sold out when I booked) you are welcome to half of the bed....and hopefully some of you are staying there as well. Totally looking forward to it.

David

i've made a slight change to my plans. instead of staying until the 21st, i'll be heading home on the 16th - there's a concert in nyc on the 17th that i definitely don't want to miss (it's yeasayer, and i missed them twice recently) and i've got a good friend who will be in town, so i'll get to see him if i'm back. i'll be sad to miss a few extra days in the sun but this change means i get to have it all :)

I though you already had it all...and to return to the nineties for a moment...and a bag of chips.

• 2 weeks later...

I almost dread asking this, but what the hey.

The resort fee where I'm staying in PS is pretty steep, and since I don't usually stay at resorts I honestly don't know - does that fee cover the gratuity for the maid? (I'm actually splitting time between 2 places and they both require a hefty daily resort fee.)

I'm guessing no, the gratuity is still standard protocol. Thoughts? :)

I almost dread asking this, but what the hey.

The resort fee where I'm staying in PS is pretty steep, and since I don't usually stay at resorts I honestly don't know - does that fee cover the gratuity for the maid? (I'm actually splitting time between 2 places and they both require a hefty daily resort fee.)

I'm guessing no, the gratuity is still standard protocol. Thoughts? :)

If there is a separate resort fee from the charge for the room, it may cover the housekeeping gratuity. It would be appropriate to ask when you check in.

If the there is one flat resort fee, then I assume that it does not include the gratuity and leave something.

If there is a separate resort fee from the charge for the room, it may cover the housekeeping gratuity. It would be appropriate to ask when you check in.

If the there is one flat resort fee, then I assume that it does not include the gratuity and leave something.

Good idea. I'll ask. Based on what I've read, the resort fee was invented to cover costs of amenities such as pool, health club, etc.