2019 Palm Springs Weekend!

Oliver
This topic is 1845 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there. I have been in touch with Oliver about the weekend. With my work schedule, it is hard to plan something during the mont of April but I may be able to break away and come there for the weekend.

The thing is that rates are so astronomically high now – does anyone have a room that they have an extra bed or couch in that I could pay to room with?

You can private message me to chat about it. If so, that would be GREAT!

Also, there's this: I am a 41 yr old, scruffy, stocky / bear kinda guy. 5'4, short, shaved head...

Recently, I have lost 40 pounds but I am not super hot, ya know? Will I still have "FUN"?

I would be coming to get away and have a good weekend - don't want to feel like the ugly duckling...ya know?

Just thought I would ask... :)

The resort fee was invented to make more money from the guests, and then the excuse was devised that it covered the cost of amenities, even if the guest doesn't use them.

Following up on resort fees, at Hacienda Warm Springs, there is a no tipping policy which states the resort fee is shared among all the staff members. They do seem to take care of the staff. One mentioned how many years he'd worked there. I was impressed.

Spending rest of week @Santiago. Will see what their policy is.

Following up on resort fees, at Hacienda Warm Springs, there is a no tipping policy which states the resort fee is shared among all the staff members. They do seem to take care of the staff. One mentioned how many years he'd worked there. I was impressed.

Spending rest of week @Santiago. Will see what their policy is.

Yes, it is great not to have to have money around so that you can tip the very helpful guys who are attentive to your needs. There are a couple of the men who I see every time I am there and we have become really friendly over the years. They go out of their way to make your stay very comfortable. It is a more expensive but I think well worth the money as a treat to yourself.

Yes, it is great not to have to have money around so that you can tip the very helpful guys who are attentive to your needs. There are a couple of the men who I see every time I am there and we have become really friendly over the years. They go out of their way to make your stay very comfortable. It is a more expensive but I think well worth the money as a treat to yourself.

Would have been fun to meet you here.

Maybe next year. :)

Would have been fun to meet you here.

Maybe next year. :)

Definitely. Also the nice breakfasts and the great lunches that you can have delivered to you. It is the ultimate laziness. I try to reserve as early as I can. This year things changed and I could not make it so I had to cancel my room. But as early as October of last year I tried to reserve a particular type of room and they were already reserved. It may have been because Coahella almost always takes place at the same time. So I learned that I will reserve early and then cancel if I have to.

Wayne and I are seriously considering Inndulge for next year, instead of Canyon Club. It seems to be where most of the cool kids are staying. :)

We drove back home today. Had an AMAZING time, as always. This was our 7th year in a row, and I swear, they just get better and better. Many, MANY thanks to @Oliver and @Epigonos for everything they do to make this event a tremendous success year after year, and thank you to everyone who attended. We love you guys. We look forward to this weekend all year, and we're already eagerly looking forward to next year's. See you then!

Rob

Wayne and I are seriously considering Inndulge for next year, instead of Canyon Club. It seems to be where most of the cool kids are staying. :)

We drove back home today. Had an AMAZING time, as always. This was our 7th year in a row, and I swear, they just get better and better. Many, MANY thanks to @Oliver and @Epigonos for everything they do to make this event a tremendous success year after year, and thank you to everyone who attended. We love you guys. We look forward to this weekend all year, and we're already eagerly looking forward to next year's. See you then!

Rob

7 years! I think that is close to an addiction. Good for you. :):);)

Update: we are no longer considering Inndulge, lol. I checked the dates Oliver just posted for next year's event, and even for their cheapest room, four nights would be $1,000 with tax. :eek: We had a nice big room at Canyon Club for these past four nights that was only half that. So there we shall stay. :)

Rob

Update: we are no longer considering Inndulge, lol. I checked the dates Oliver just posted for next year's event, and even for their cheapest room, four nights would be $1,000 with tax. :eek: We had a nice big room at Canyon Club for these past four nights that was only half that. So there we shall stay. :)

Rob

It won't change your decision, I know, but I asked about their rates before I left. Bookings open 12 months out, and at the start it's at their rack rate. There is variability over the ensuing year (so potentially lower rates to be had), but as I see it they're unlikely to approach the rates at the CC. Their free night kicks in for a seventh night (i.e. after six paid nights). They do have rooms starting at $99 in Jan/Feb and in summer, but that's not much help for us. So it looks like some of the cool kids will still be at the Canyon Club!

Like others, I had a great time this year, so thanks to @Oliver and @Epigonos for all the work they've put in yet again.

Edited by mike carey

Looks like InnDulge is around the same price as Vista Grande, where we stayed. VG was really fine. Although we didn’t take many meals there, they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. The staff couldn’t have been nicer.

Many thanks to Oliver for arranging everything so expertly, to Epigonos for the deviled eggs and other delicious food, and to all the attendees for making the weekend so memorable and enjoyable!

This was my tenth time attending the PS Gathering and I must say that I have never regretted attending. The comradery is beyond belief, the food prepared by our very own Epigones, ranks right along with Julie Child and our host Oliver, is the epitome of graciousness, right down to providing separate birthday cakes for two of the attendees. Kudos to Oliver and Epigones for an outstanding weekend!

A separate thanks to all the guys who stayed at INNdulge, coffee in the morning, hanging at the pool, happy hour and late night hot tub gatherings all contributed to a very memorable weekend.

Edited by sf westcoaster

WOW!... Where do I start to express my sincere thanks for all of those who made the 16th Forum Palm Springs weekend a huge success and for making my 1st Forum PS weekend such a memorable one! Thanks to Oliver for the extensive planning that obviously goes into this event year after year. The Saturday pool party and delicious hors d'oeuvres that you and Epigonos prepared and served at your winter home, and the wonderful dinners at Trio and Rio Azul. David SF, thanks so much for the Friday pool party that you hosted at your beautiful home, and for providing an amazing array of food and drinks.

I totally agree with sf westcoaster's post... thanks to all of the guys who stayed at INNdulge. What a great group of guys who helped to make the experience all that much more enjoyable!

Looking forward to seeing you next year at PS Forum Weekend 2020!

Edited by ChiTown

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that was fun. I'm now safely home, still 23° today and much the same tomorrow (1 May) but that won't last. The 13½ hour flight went quickly enough despite (in the words of one of our forum colleagues) not drinking enough in the airline lounge at LAX.

I want to thank everyone who made the weekend so pleasant, our hosts @Epigonos and @Oliver, @David-SF our host on Friday, the 'cool kids' at InnDulge and everyone else who attended the various festivities. It was another memorable occasion. I greatly enjoyed renewing old acquaintances and making new ones.

You'll no doubt be relieved to learn that I managed over the rest of my stay in the US not to drive on the left-hand side of the road again, although a couple of kilometres of roadwork with alternating traffic on a two lane road, where they had me driving on the left almost reset my brain to 'keep left'. I enjoyed driving to Las Vegas and on to Los Angeles, and had pleasant stays in both cities. On the day I was flying out I saw that @Brian Kevin was arriving in LA that day, but there was no time to arrange to meet even for a coffee.

Well, that was fun. I'm now safely home, still 23° today and much the same tomorrow (1 May) but that won't last. The 13½ hour flight went quickly enough despite (in the words of one of our forum colleagues) not drinking enough in the airline lounge at LAX.

I want to thank everyone who made the weekend so pleasant, our hosts @Epigonos and @Oliver, @David-SF our host on Friday, the 'cool kids' at InnDulge and everyone else who attended the various festivities. It was another memorable occasion. I greatly enjoyed renewing old acquaintances and making new ones.

You'll no doubt be relieved to learn that I managed over the rest of my stay in the US not to drive on the left-hand side of the road again, although a couple of kilometres of roadwork with alternating traffic on a two lane road, where they had me driving on the left almost reset my brain to 'keep left'. I enjoyed driving to Las Vegas and on to Los Angeles, and had pleasant stays in both cities. On the day I was flying out I saw that @Brian Kevin was arriving in LA that day, but there was no time to arrange to meet even for a coffee.

Thanks for traveling so far to join the group. It was very nice meeting you.

Rob

Indulge is pricier, but much nicer than Canyon Club. Also, there are many perks life a good breakfast and free happy hour. It was not short on good company. I was very pleased.