2019 Palm Springs Weekend!

Oliver
This topic is 1850 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in PS this weekend staying at one of the clothing optional resorts.

Would love recommendations on fun things to do and places to eat.

I already stopped by Canyon Club (had a few hours to kill before checking into my different resort) and it was pretty dead. I'm also pretty awful at initiating stuff lol.

Maybe I'll see some of you around!

I'm in PS this weekend staying at one of the clothing optional resorts.

Would love recommendations on fun things to do and places to eat.

I already stopped by Canyon Club (had a few hours to kill before checking into my different resort) and it was pretty dead. I'm also pretty awful at initiating stuff lol.

Maybe I'll see some of you around!

Canyon Club is generally busier on the weekends, and from what I hear, also on Wednesdays, when they have discounted day passes.

Blackbook is a great bar/restaurant on Arenas; they recently celebrated their one-year anniversary there. I recommend their street tacos!

Rob

This might have been answered already, but who picks the dates for this? Why the same weekend as the music festival each and every year? A Motel 6 should never be $300 when it's worth a tenth of that.

That’s why you have to move quickly once the dates are announced. As for the dates chosen, the organizers put a ton of thought and planning into this, which I, for one, deeply appreciate.

This might have been answered already, but who picks the dates for this? Why the same weekend as the music festival each and every year? A Motel 6 should never be $300 when it's worth a tenth of that.[/quote

Our host, who makes all the event arrangements and pays for the Sunday pool event, picks a date that fits into his schedule.

I plan to attend again. Trying for my 10th of these shindigs. I always attend for the social intercourse, of course, and it is possible, perhaps even likely I will not be hobbying at the event. Does anyone want to room or shack-up together? Great way to cut costs. ;) I'm a fairly decent roomie. Just ask Epigonos. He'll vouch for me. :p

This offer is for clients, companions, or other wallflowers, like me. :)

Well, my request was fulfilled. One of the finer, upstanding members of Hooville snapped me up to shack up together. He's def going to enhance my rep out yonder. See yall for PS 2019. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
For many years there have been only two set gathering during the Palm Springs Weekend. The first is Saturday, an early evening, get acquainted no host dinner at a local restaurant, usually Trio. The second is Sunday afternoon, a hosted Pool Party at Oliver's resident. At this event all food and drinks are provided by Oliver and his assistants. Over the years there has developed a casual Sunday evening no host dinner for those who have wanted to get together one more time. I believe in 2019 Oliver is going to include the Sunday evening no host dinner, at a small local Mexican Restaurant, in the weekend agenda. That will then make for three events. Please keep in mind that participants attend the events that interest them. No one is "required" to do anything they don't want to. Hope this answers some qustions

What time does the pool party usually start/end? My husband and I need to be back to work on the East Coast for Monday morning, so would need to leave Sunday evening. Trying to figure out if we can make this work for the first time.

Brock O you shouldn't have a problem the Sunday Pool Party begins around 1 p.m. and winds up between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m.

You should be able to get a Sunday evening flight out of Palm Springs, Ontario, Orange County, or LAX and be back home to go to work on Monday morning. Now with that said you will likely be a zombie Monday at work but at least you will be there.

I look forward to meeting both you and your husband at the Saturday evening dinner at Trio and again at the Sunday Pool Party at Oliver's

Edited by Epigonos

Tyler and Ace, did you choose a hotel yet? Would love to try to stay at the same hotel for more quality time in your general vicinity!

Hey Brock-

We haven't chosen one yet since we are only about 80% sure we'll be there. Hope to know more about a schedule after the first of the year. Will definitely post a notice when we do! Would love to be near you, of course.!

Hey guys!! Long time no see! Not sure if any of you remember me, but I went to the Palm Spring meeting with Chris Eisenhower in 2014. I was voted newcomer of the year that year. I retired but am back to it now. Had a blast at that meeting so I am hoping to make it to this one too! Will be good to see some of y’all again! -William

Hey William great to hear from you. Welcome back. Contact Oliver and have him put you on the update list. I look forward to seeing you at all of the weekend events. If you are really serious about attending I highly recommend that you make hotel reservations ASAP as rooms sell out quickly that weekend. Many places may already be booked solid. I believe there are still rooms available at the Canyon Club and if you are willing to stay four nights INNdulge might still have some more expensive rooms available.

Hey guys!! Long time no see! Not sure if any of you remember me, but I went to the Palm Spring meeting with Chris Eisenhower in 2014. I was voted newcomer of the year that year. I retired but am back to it now. Had a blast at that meeting so I am hoping to make it to this one too! Will be good to see some of y’all again! -William

You are not that easily forgotten and it will be great to see you again. I hope you are enjoying your return

You are definitely remembered, and have definitely been missed! I hope you're able to attend next year; it would be so great to see you again.

Rob