2019 Palm Springs Weekend!

Oliver
This topic is 1845 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For many years there have been only two set gathering during the Palm Springs Weekend. The first is Saturday, an early evening, get acquainted no host dinner at a local restaurant, usually Trio. The second is Sunday afternoon, a hosted Pool Party at Oliver's resident. At this event all food and drinks are provided by Oliver and his assistants. Over the years there has developed a casual Sunday evening no host dinner for those who have wanted to get together one more time. I believe in 2019 Oliver is going to include the Sunday evening no host dinner, at a small local Mexican Restaurant, in the weekend agenda. That will then make for three events. Please keep in mind that participants attend the events that interest them. No one is "required" to do anything they don't want to. Hope this answers some qustions

Edited by Epigonos

Sorry about that. That's right. I arrived on Friday and the dinner may have been either before that or perhaps on Thursday. Or maybe I just not purposefully not invited. :)

No, you weren't excluded! In 2017 the second dinner was after the main formal meal, and was organised using the email addresses that all the attendees had provided. There was a Thursday get together at DavidSF 's place but I missed that. Anyway, none of that matters, there will be dinners for all of the attendees, private gatherings and individual arrangements at the 2019 function. What we did this year or in 2017 won't matter.

No, you weren't excluded! In 2017 the second dinner was after the main formal meal, and was organised using the email addresses that all the attendees had provided. There was a Thursday get together at DavidSF 's place but I missed that. Anyway, none of that matters, there will be dinners for all of the attendees, private gatherings and individual arrangements at the 2019 function. What we did this year or in 2017 won't matter.

I was just kidding. At any rate I may have been slurping on something else.

• 4 weeks later...
Reluctantly accepts the 2019 invite. I’d likely hop on a late afternoon flight after the pool party. That year is tough juggling plans with my brother’s birthday (April 14). I had a great time last time and would love to repeat.
I have known you for a little bit now and the words reluctant and accepts usually do not go together in the same sentence when it comes to you. I have not seen you reluctant about much and receiving is one of many strong points.

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from a few days in Palm Springs and based on a few inquiries I learned that next April is expected to be a very popular month. Therefore, if you want to attended the Palm Springs gathering (Oliver's Bash) next April, I encourage you to make a reservation now. You can always cancel.

Edited by sf westcoaster

I plan to attend again. Trying for my 10th of these shindigs. I always attend for the social intercourse, of course, and it is possible, perhaps even likely I will not be hobbying at the event. Does anyone want to room or shack-up together? Great way to cut costs. ;) I'm a fairly decent roomie. Just ask Epigonos. He'll vouch for me. :p

This offer is for clients, companions, or other wallflowers, like me. :)

I plan to attend again. Trying for my 10th of these shindigs. I always attend for the social intercourse, of course, and it is possible, perhaps even likely I will not be hobbying at the event. Does anyone want to room or shack-up together? Great way to cut costs. ;) I'm a fairly decent roomie. Just ask Epigonos. He'll vouch for me. :p

This offer is for clients, companions, or other wallflowers, like me. :)

You left out “easy on the eyes....”

Reluctantly accepts the 2019 invite. I’d likely hop on a late afternoon flight after the pool party. That year is tough juggling plans with my brother’s birthday (April 14). I had a great time last time and would love to repeat.

Let me be the first to volunteer for suntan lotion duty. I'll keep you lathered up all weekend in SPF-50 from head to adorable toes! :p

I guess that would "force" people to stick around to see you. Not a bad quid pro quo.

I feel really bummed.

I thought maybe I could squeeze a bit of my finances to go so I checked Expedia and looked at the hotels.

They're all high due to Coechella weekend.

Even the Motel 6 on Palm Canyon Drive (which was very clean and close to a lot of places when I went to Leather Pride in 2016) was $300 a night. :(

Maybe in 2020, I'll go. Which again kinda bums me out because I would like to meet @Oliver and see @TylerandAce and @VictorPowers (all of whom have been sworn to be wonderful, kind, nice people) as well as meet the people from this forum.

I don't know if clothing optional resorts are your thing, but Canyon Club still has rooms starting at $89/night listed for that weekend.

http://www.canyonclubhotel.com/book-now.html

Rob

That's weird. When I checked, they said that they were all booked up. I'll check it out some more, thank you!

And just so I'm clear because I've never gone to the forum PS weekend before, will it be three or four get-togethers throughout and in between, we explore Palm Springs or have fun at our own leisure?

When I went to the Leather Pride in 2016, they had a swim pool party in All Worlds, Baracks BBQ, Leather Pride dinner at a hotel before a private tour and party at the Airplane Museum. But in between, we could do whatever we wanted (I pretty much went up and down Palm Canyon Drive, tried a few restaurants, went shopping, etc.). So will this weekend be pretty relaxed like that too?

That's weird. When I checked, they said that they were all booked up. I'll check it out some more, thank you!

And just so I'm clear because I've never gone to the forum PS weekend before, will it be three or four get-togethers throughout and in between, we explore Palm Springs or have fun at our own leisure?

When I went to the Leather Pride in 2016, they had a swim pool party in All Worlds, Baracks BBQ, Leather Pride dinner at a hotel before a private tour and party at the Airplane Museum. But in between, we could do whatever we wanted (I pretty much went up and down Palm Canyon Drive, tried a few restaurants, went shopping, etc.). So will this weekend be pretty relaxed like that too?

there are only two primary "group" functions: a very friendly and casual dinner at a downtown place on Saturday about 5pm and a casual pool party Sunday afternoon......otherwise, the attendees hang out at the pool during the day, maybe decide to grab some lunch together somewhere, go hiking, karaoke, bar-hopping after the Saturday dinner, "private meetings".....you may want to zero in on Inndulge or the Canyon Club since many of the attendees stay at those places and you'll have us to hang with......

there are only two primary "group" functions: a very friendly and casual dinner at a downtown place on Saturday about 5pm and a casual pool party Sunday afternoon......otherwise, the attendees hang out at the pool during the day, maybe decide to grab some lunch together somewhere, go hiking, karaoke, bar-hopping after the Saturday dinner, "private meetings".....you may want to zero in on Inndulge or the Canyon Club since many of the attendees stay at those places and you'll have us to hang with......

Checked InnDulge and it's booked solid that weekend too; the website said no availability when I tried to reserve a room.

Thank you for the helpful advice though. If anything, at least I can meet forum people at the primary group functions and being in PS will give me a chance to do some restaurant sampling (I'm a foodie) and shopping and check any Meetups for gay men that weekend. :)

ATTENTION!......I'm considering a Saturday, April 13, 2019, daytime visit to Sunnylands, the historic winter home/estate of Walter and Leonore Annenberg and scene of many international diplomatic meetings.....would love to have several of us go together.....there are options, including a small, guided tour of the historic mid-century-modern house (~$50/person)......other options include garden walks and the visitor center (all free, I believe) and a guided tour of the grounds for about $25 ......house tour tickets go on sale March 15 for April visits and probably will go fast for a Saturday.....we do not have to do a house tour, but it isn't open, otherwise.......we'll plan to finish with plenty of time to get ready for the Saturday group dinner

if anybody is interested, please send me a PM.....

http://sunnylands.org/

Sunnylands-Aerial-1200x675.jpg

Edited by azdr0710

Checked InnDulge and it's booked solid that weekend too; the website said no availability when I tried to reserve a room.

InnDulge continues to have all room types available during our weekend, but your online reservation request must be a minimum 4 night stay. Their cheapest room for that weekend is 225-230/night.