Actors you can't stand (mannerisms, voice, looks, roles chosen, etc.)

samhexum

9 hours ago, musclestuduws said:

Sarah Jessica Parker. I just saw a couple of Sex & the City episodes on TV. Hard to believe what a terrible actress she is. So many tics, mannerisms, and little squeaky voices. How is it possible to be so oblivious of your own shortcomings as an actor ?  

I saw her on Broadway in a revival of Mary Rodgers "once Upon A Madress.

Carol Burnett was the original star of the musical. Carol is much more talented

(Mary Rodgers was Richard  Rodgers' daughter)

(Not a fan of the original purpose of this discussion 😒)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 10:09 PM, WilliamM said:

I saw her on Broadway in a revival of Mary Rodgers "once Upon A Madress. Carol Burnett was the original star of the musical. Carol is much more talented

I'm hoping it was Mattress -- unless Sarah Jessica really acted like an angry princess! 

Edited by Marc in Calif

• 5 months later...

Brigitte Nielsen (Danish pronunciation: [pʁiˈkitə ˈne̝lsn̩]; born Gitte Nielsen; 15 July 1963) is a Danish actress, model, and singer. She began her career modelling for Greg Gorman and Helmut Newton. She subsequently acted in the 1985 films Red Sonja and Rocky IV, later returning to the Rocky series in Creed II (2018). Nielsen married Sylvester Stallone, with whom she starred in the 1986 film Cobra. She played a villain in Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and starred as the Black Witch in the 1990s Italian film series Fantaghirò.

Well, this woman's had 5 husbands, so it doesn't look as if most men can stand her. I'm not sure anyone could stand her here:

Brigitte Nielsen, ubriaca fradicia vomita al parco in pieno giorno |  Intrattenimento

Bill Murray. Never thought he was funny on SNL back in the 70's. The same "too school for cool" attitude in most all of his movies. Always felt like he and his audience were enjoying an inside joke, and I didn't get it. His other great talent is interrupting sporting events or golf tournaments with his 'method.'

• 2 weeks later...

Joan Rivers - starting back as a kid in the 70's until she passed away, I just couldn't stand her schtick; it was painful and unfunny to me, though obviously there was a skill there that many people loved. I actually liked her better, though I rarely watched her, when she hosted her own late night show. 

Jody Foster - I like her movies, I really respect her as an actress and her roles. but there's something about her manner of speaking, even in interviews, that makes me uncomfortable and I have to mentally set it aside when I watch her act. 

John Ritter - Maybe I just never got over the horrible overacting from Three's Company, but he never seemed real to me, always trying to hard. 

Kevin Spacey in case he hasn't been mentioned. But I went to a Joan Rivers concert and laughed my ass off. She was a favorite!

Then I saw a play that John Ritter was in off-Broadway with Fran Drescher. We all waited for them to come out after the show. Fran was sweet but Ritter literally ran away. Asshole.

1 hour ago, denguy150 said:

Joan Rivers - starting back as a kid in the 70's until she passed away, I just couldn't stand her schtick; it was painful and unfunny to me, though obviously there was a skill there that many people loved. I actually liked her better, though I rarely watched her, when she hosted her own late night show. 

Jody Foster - I like her movies, I really respect her as an actress and her roles. but there's something about her manner of speaking, even in interviews, that makes me uncomfortable and I have to mentally set it aside when I watch her act. 

John Ritter - Maybe I just never got over the horrible overacting from Three's Company, but he never seemed real to me, always trying to hard.