Actors you can't stand (mannerisms, voice, looks, roles chosen, etc.)

samhexum

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

In no particular order but my list is loooog! ?

Reba McEntire

Sara Gilbert

Fran Drescher

Cher

Kathy Griffin

Rose O'Donnell

Joy Behar

Charo

Ice Cube

Russell Brand

Tracy Morgan

Kim Kardashian (Any of them for that matter!)

Jim Carrey

Stephan Colbert

Trevor Noah

RuPaul

Justin Bieber

Barbra Streisand

Diana Ross - or rather "MISS Ross" as she insists the plebeian call her!

Rachel Ray

George Takei

Diane Keaton

Jennifer Saunders

Joanna Lumley

Arnold Schwarzenegger

and any and all rappers!

The list goes on and on... Yeah I know there are a lot of famous people I don't like. ?

Edited by Danny-Darko

...How about Fran Drescher and that whiny sound she makes?...

I once saw an off-Broadway play starring Fran Drescher and Eric McCormack of Will and Grace. After the play, many in the audience lined up out front to see the actors come out. Fran was nice. She started with her trademark whine and the folks loved it. McCormack slinked away quickly without even acknowledging the crowd. I'll take Fran over him any day.

In no particular order But my list is loooog! ?

Reba McEntire

Sara Gilbert

Fran Drescher

Cher

Kathy Griffin

Rose O'Donnell

Joy Behar

Charo

Ice Cube

Russell Brand

Tracy Morgan

Kim Kardashian (Any of them for that matter!)

Jim Carrey

Stephan Colbert

Trevor Noah

Justin Bieber

Barbra Streisand

Rachel Ray

George Takei

Diane Keaton

Jennifer Saunders

Joanna Lumley

Arnold Schwarzenegger

and any and all rappers!

The list goes on and on... Yeah I know there are a lot of famous people I don't like. ?

How do they feel about you @Danny-Darko? ;)

Stephan Colbert

I used to tape Stephen before his show lost its live audience. But without an audience his delivery is awkward and uneven. His interaction with people off-camera during the monologue (esp his cackling wife) is annoying. One wonders how an abatement of Trump's daily drama will affect the monologues of most late night comedians esp Colbert? I doubt that Biden will provide them with much ammunition though he certainly has displayed his own "gaffability"in the past. My new go-to guy for Late Night comedy is James Corden - so funny with that classic British understatement.

I used to tape Stephen before his show lost its live audience. But without an audience his delivery is awkward and uneven. His interaction with people off-camera during the monologue (esp his cackling wife) is annoying. One wonders how an abatement of Trump's daily drama will affect the monologues of most late night comedians esp Colbert? I doubt that Biden will provide them with much ammunition though he certainly has displayed his own "gaffability"in the past. My new go-to guy for Late Night comedy is James Corden - so funny with that classic British understatement.

Years ago, Dennis Miller referred to Dan Quayle as "The Rosetta Stone of political comedy"

I once saw an off-Broadway play starring Fran Drescher and Eric McCormack of Will and Grace. After the play, many in the audience lined up out front to see the actors come out. Fran was nice. She started with her trademark whine and the folks loved it. McCormack slinked away quickly without even acknowledging the crowd. I'll take Fran over him any day.

Merman was famous for leaving Broadway theaters from different exits, including just walking out the front door.

Danny-Darko doesn't like Barbra Streisand? Turn in your gay card. Immediately.

I loved her in my youth. I bought ever single album she ever put out. Now it's long time she shut the hell up and quietly retire and enjoy her money! Everything has it season in life and hers has long passed.

Edited by Danny-Darko

Raul Esparza

The Sunday NY Times Arts and Leisure section did a very interesting profile on actor Raul Esparza... I would have to say that Mr. Esparza has outed himself in this piece... Unfortunately the article does not discuss Raul's feisty relationship with producer, Rosie O'Donnell, when he starred in the ill-fated musical "Taboo."http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/26/theater/26wadl.html?_r=1&ref=theater&oref=slogin

The NY Post (nypost.com) is a source of much theater gossip that I had been overlooking. Little did I know that the play Leap of Faith is losing money before it even opens, and there is much consternation and hand-wringing backstage. Is the star, Raul Esparza too fat in his photos?

I hated him in the John Doyle Company that was televised (and released on DVD) - but then again, I hated everything about that amateurish deconstructionist mockery of the great Sondheim/Furth musical.

The 2 most annoying characters ever on SVU were Judith Light as DA, then judge, and now Esparza as DA. Maybe it was ordered by the producers but both of them were/are always so angry, annoyed, pissed off, irritated, judgmental, sardonic and dictatorial... I tend to read the paper during any of Esparza's scenes. He really takes himself seriously. I've seen him in 3 Broadway shows and even in comedies, he's arrogant and angry appearing.

HOORAY! He left SVU.

UGH! He'll be back on the next SVU episode (1/7?) only this time Barba will be the defense attorney.

• 1 month later...
Raul Esparza

The Sunday NY Times Arts and Leisure section did a very interesting profile on actor Raul Esparza... I would have to say that Mr. Esparza has outed himself in this piece... Unfortunately the article does not discuss Raul's feisty relationship with producer, Rosie O'Donnell, when he starred in the ill-fated musical "Taboo."http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/26/theater/26wadl.html?_r=1&ref=theater&oref=slogin

The NY Post (nypost.com) is a source of much theater gossip that I had been overlooking. Little did I know that the play Leap of Faith is losing money before it even opens, and there is much consternation and hand-wringing backstage. Is the star, Raul Esparza too fat in his photos?

I hated him in the John Doyle Company that was televised (and released on DVD) - but then again, I hated everything about that amateurish deconstructionist mockery of the great Sondheim/Furth musical.

The 2 most annoying characters ever on SVU were Judith Light as DA, then judge, and now Esparza as DA. Maybe it was ordered by the producers but both of them were/are always so angry, annoyed, pissed off, irritated, judgmental, sardonic and dictatorial... I tend to read the paper during any of Esparza's scenes. He really takes himself seriously. I've seen him in 3 Broadway shows and even in comedies, he's arrogant and angry appearing.

HOORAY! He left SVU.

Esparza wasn't completely nauseating in his return to SVU, but thank God it appears to be just a one-off and he won't be recurring.

I actually don't have an answer here...but I do have some follow-ups...

Michelle Williams

what is it about her you can't stand? it was quite interesting to see her growth from Dawson's Creek to being nominated to a few Oscars.

Emma Stone

not a fan of Easy A or La La Land?

Chris Pine

why? he's got one of the most smoldering eyes...

I agree on Neil Patrick Harris. I always thought he was unsuited for the roll in "How I met your mother". He was good one year when he hosted one of the awards shows, like the opening number was good. Other than that, I am not a fan.

who would you have cast as Barney Stinson on HIMYM?

Dulé Hill

not even on the latter seasons of the West Wing?

Meryl Streep

not a fan of The Devil Wears Prada?

RuPaul

oh no...why?

It’s a tough call but I think I dislike the Kardashians the most.

what is it about the family you dislike? the overexposure, or something else?

Michelle Williams

what is it about her you can't stand? it was quite interesting to see her growth from Dawson's Creek to being nominated to a few Oscars.

Why do you assume he wasn't talking about the singer from Destiny's Child?

Chris Pine

why? he's got one of the most smoldering eyes...

OMG! Was he in some kind of horrific accident?!?!? What happened to his other eye? :eek:o_O:eek:o_O:eek:

Why do you assume he wasn't talking about the singer from Destiny's Child?

oh, you are so...right! totally forgot about her. ?‍♂️ if @N13 meant the singer from Destiny's Child, then I get it.

OMG! Was he in some kind of horrific accident?!?!? What happened to his other eye? :eek:o_O:eek:o_O:eek:

you are so, silly...cool and hip people use that term from time to time, bud. ???