Another(!) reason I fly only on my Private Jet.

glutes

NPR had a story this morning on the incident. Because the man was Chinese, in China they are viewing this as "racist." The video has gone viral in China with over 200 million views. People there are wanting to boycott United for their "racist," anti-Chinese behavior.

NPR had a story this morning on the incident. Because the man was Chinese, in China they are viewing this as "racist." The video has gone viral in China with over 200 million views. People there are wanting to boycott United for their "racist," anti-Chinese behavior.

I guarantee you that if the passenger had been black most of the folks who are outraged about this would say he deserved it because he wasn't obedient. So many guys in their trailer parks would feel the adrenaline of power seeing a black man dragged by officers because he wasn't a "good boy", and that might be the only good thing that happened to them during the whole week... Sad, isn't it?

I just keep wondering whether there may have been other flights at some time to accomodate "their personnel." For example, put the number on where they could get volunteers and then put the rest of the crew on other available flights.

they should have offered more money for volunteers to take another flight and a United Lounge pass to kill the hours waiting for next available flight.

I am sure in this case things were lost in translation and possibly the passenger/victim didn't know what was going on and never expected to be treated like that in a non communist country.

Edited by marylander1940

http://ei.marketwatch.com//Multimedia/2017/04/11/Photos/ZH/MW-FK199_ual_op_20170411102822_ZH.png?uuid=1d97fe68-1ec3-11e7-803f-001cc448aede

That's not the way the game is played. If there aren't enough seats, the airline should keep raising the promised rewards for moving to another flight, until they are high enough to get passengers to choose to accept them. And by all means, you don't take someone off a flight who is already seated. This is reprehensible. Sell your United Airlines stock immediately. This company has no idea what they're doing.

Edited by Oaktown

http://ei.marketwatch.com//Multimedia/2017/04/11/Photos/ZH/MW-FK199_ual_op_20170411102822_ZH.png?uuid=1d97fe68-1ec3-11e7-803f-001cc448aede

That's not the way the game is played. If there aren't enough seats, the airline should keep raising the promised rewards for moving to another flight, until they are high enough to get passengers to choose to accept them. And by all means, you don't take someone off a flight who is already seated. This is reprehensible. Sell your United Airlines stock immediately. This company has no idea what they're doing.

Whenever hits the bottom it would be a good time to buy United stocks

Lucky you that you're able to afford flying only on private jets. I would too if I could as most of us would. First Class domestic and International Business Class is the best I can do. But with the crap airlines pull and the bad service going from bad to worst even in premium classes I truly wish I could fly private. Lucky you! :cool:

If the initial reports of this are true, United needs a management shake-up all the way to the top. According to the latest report I heard, three of the four United employees were seated. One United employee not taking a later flight is worth all of this? And, the CEO of United could not have done worse by just keeping quiet.

Edited by sync

I just keep wondering whether there may have been other flights at some time to accomodate "their personnel." For example, put the number on where they could get volunteers and then put the rest of the crew on other available flights.

They could have hired a limo to drive them It is a four to five hour drive. The flight was delayed two hours and it is an hour flight so it would not have been that big a time difference. Since it was a crew thing, United should have respected their passengers and inconvenienced their employees, not the other way around.

Next United flight to Louisville was the next day.

So at one point, United had lost about $800 million in market cap today. Bet they wished they had raised the offer from a $1000 voucher to $1500 and a pair of first class tickets for a voluntary bump. Meanwhile, Delta floats a story about offering a family $11,000 in vouchers to take a bump https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2017/04/09/why-delta-air-lines-paid-me-11000-not-to-fly-to-florida-this-weekend/#63f27a964de1 and southwest airlines floats a new ad campaign

http://i.imgur.com/ag2FFx7.png

My prediction: Time to look for a new job Chief Executive Officer of United Airlines Oscar Munoz... you screwed up royally!

I agree United is a terrible airline and shouldn't create these situations.

However...this passenger and others didn't (to my knowledge) object to the process of computer selection and removal of other passengers *before* his number came up. I *do* realize there's nothing on the passenger's end that would've prevented this. I *do* realize that it is likely more important for a doctor to make his flight than others. I just don't like people objecting to rules *after* they work against them.

It reminds me a lot of the Shirley Jackson story The Lottery.

The "victim" here is not Chinese. He is of Vietnamese decent. Married father of 5, 4 of whom followed him and their mother into medical careers.

He's also a convicted felon who supplied drugs to a former patient, gay lover who aided the authorities in arresting him for drug violations.

He's only recently returned to the medical profession and is still under supervisory watch for his lack of current medical treatments.

He has also been identified as having social interaction issues, lacking coping skills in stressful situations.

His wife was seated by him on the plane.

I think United Airlines suffered the luck of the draw in choosing to deny him his seat. Then Chicago Airport Security officers added injury to the insult, but no reasonable person would have reacted the way Dr Dao did..

2 or 3 years ago, I was on a flight returning from the west coast. The airline (can't remember if it was Delta or American) boarded too many passengers for the flight; there were more folks on the plane than seats. I never understood how their computer could be so screwed up as to allow that to happen. It was an ugly brouhaha; nothing physical or violent fortunately. I was sitting in the front cabin and couldn't see or directly hear all the ruckus at the back of the plane, but the announcements about the problem were repeated. We were stuck at the gate for a long time. Another seat mate and I suggested that the airline de-plane all of us, fix their damn computer, and re-board us. They are experts and do not welcome advice....ever!

Airlines' perception of themselves is vastly different from their customers' perception. They think their shit don't smell, but it does.

The "victim" here is not Chinese. He is of Vietnamese decent. Married father of 5, 4 of whom followed him and their mother into medical careers.

He's also a convicted felon who supplied drugs to a former patient, gay lover who aided the authorities in arresting him for drug violations.

He's only recently returned to the medical profession and is still under supervisory watch for his lack of current medical treatments.

He has also been identified as having social interaction issues, lacking coping skills in stressful situations.

His wife was seated by him on the plane.

I think United Airlines suffered the luck of the draw in choosing to deny him his seat. Then Chicago Airport Security officers added injury to the insult, but no reasonable person would have reacted the way Dr Dao did..

Yes, maybe the passenger/victim is a bad guy but the ACT or what THEY DID to him wasn't right and should never happen again on plane.

Being unwillingly removed from a plane for no reason other than the commuting concerns of the airline is ridiculous. It would have been one thing if the flight had not boarded, but once the flight is boarded, the airline should have respected the passengers and worked out something else for their staffing issue. At least he was not wearing yoga pants, but perhaps if he were, he would never have made it onto the plane.

Yes, maybe the passenger/victim is a bad guy but the ACT or what THEY DID to him wasn't right and should never happen again on plane.

I'm not denying any of that, but the result of the algorithm choice was definitely NOT in United's favor. The CASO, some news accounts say Chicago PD, deployed severe tactics, for which United is catching the blame.

Once CAS Officers boarded the plane, it was no longer a United situation. Or have you ever successfully stopped a cop from doing something he's set out to do? One axiom taught me by a cop friend is, "Once you touch them, you have to take them to jail. Otherwise, the cop is personally liable for the incident."

All I'm saying is this: this guy has a whole set of issues unknown to United and Chicago Airport Security.

Did you see the video of him coming back on the plane? The video showing him jogging to the back of the plane chanting repeatedly, "I have to go home."?

And all the while his wife, medical doctor herself, sat in her seat watching what was happening.

I wouldn't be comfortable on an airliner with a person acting irrationally.

Dr. Dao is a drama queen for sure.

To back-up what InStudioCity has posted re. his troubled past:

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2017/04/11/david-dao-passenger-removed-united-flight-doctor-troubled-past/100318320/?hootPostID=d36ec6c0be57d7c0080839c4936d4285

I have an affective relationship with United. My leftist heart loves a company own by its employees (I think they still own it, not sure), and my slutty heart will never forget all the Black United flight attendants I used to hook up with in Buenos Aires, in Contramano, back in the 90s. Like our beloved president would tweet: SAD!

So at one point, United had lost about $800 million in market cap today. Bet they wished they had raised the offer from a $1000 voucher to $1500 and a pair of first class tickets for a voluntary bump. Meanwhile, Delta floats a story about offering a family $11,000 in vouchers to take a bump https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2017/04/09/why-delta-air-lines-paid-me-11000-not-to-fly-to-florida-this-weekend/#63f27a964de1 and southwest airlines floats a new ad campaign

http://i.imgur.com/ag2FFx7.png

My prediction: Time to look for a new job Chief Executive Officer of United Airlines Oscar Munoz... you screwed up royally!

C9IDqZ2XYAEQuL0.jpg

I think it should make no difference what his prior behavior about anything before being boarded on the plane was. This was a plane boarding not a trial at which prior felonies should make a difference. It was stated on MSNBC that he and his wife had actually volunteered to leave but once they heard what time they would get back to their home (too late to make it feasible to do work) they changed their minds. As far as the enforcement officers, once United allowed them on the plane and requested that they do anything to enforce the regulations it became United's responsibility to see that the enforcement was done fairly and humanely. Unfortunately, United found out that most people agreed with that.

Lucky you that you're able to afford flying only on private jets. I would too if I could as most of us would. First Class domestic and International Business Class is the best I can do. But with the crap airlines pull and the bad service going from bad to worst even in premium classes I truly wish I could fly private. Lucky you! :cool:

Well Bearman, Dr. Dao will be flying PJ's just like me and Jimboivyo, real soon...