Two Down, One To Go

BasketBaller
This topic is 1160 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The desire to match people up seems to come very naturally to some people. Perhaps that was a cue to pull out the Grindr app and go through and pick out a few guys of your type. I have never been on Grindr so I do not know if perhaps it gets too raunchy to share with your sons. I do see a fix up in your future though.

Have your sons asked you if you are still attracted to women? I know it my case, the more I was with men, the less interest I had it women, but I am still attracted to women and I defnitely have a type which has become more restrictive with time, If is curious that when I first started seeing men, I had a type but now that is not really the case at least not as restrictive a type as I once had.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have your sons asked you if you are still attracted to women? I know it my case, the more I was with men, the less interest I had it women, but I am still attracted to women and I defnitely have a type which has become more restrictive with time, If is curious that when I first started seeing men, I had a type but now that is not really the case at least not as restrictive a type as I once had.

They haven't asked that, not yet anyway. I can say I'm still attracted to women but my desire for them is dormant. And given my predilection for sleeping with as many as I could before I met my wife, I don't know if I had a type. (Although again, I always liked blondes!). There are certain things mentioned above that I find especially attractive in men but my experience is still limited enough that I don't want to restrict myself to an ideal.

They haven't asked that, not yet anyway. I can say I'm still attracted to women but my desire for them is dormant. And given my predilection for sleeping with as many as I could before I met my wife, I don't know if I had a type. (Although again, I always liked blondes!). There are certain things mentioned above that I find especially attractive in men but my experience is still limited enough that I don't want to restrict myself to an ideal.

Well we havent met yet so how could you possibly know your ideal?

• 1 month later...

So. Navy twin went back to the Yard almost a month ago, and signed his commitment papers. Midshipmen can leave the Academy during their first two years with no need to repay or service obligation. But once they start their Second Class (junior) year, they're committed to serving for at least 5 years after graduation. He's in for the long haul.

Last week DePaul Twin flew back to Chicago on his own and is back at classes. Older Brother is here at least through December, when his Hill internship ends. His hope is to find a job that will let him get an apartment. In DC that probably means with roommate(s) but he won't mind. His gf has started at GW Law and has a solo dorm room, so there's already been a lot of time spent there-- no overnights yet but some pretty late arrivals home.

It is, of course, nice to have him here. For one thing he gets up early and makes coffee!

This summer, it was Navy Twin with whom I had the most searching conversations about sexuality and my social life. He really wants me to find someone, which is so touching. Anyway, after two years on my own it's yet another "new normal," with my eldest as roommate. We carry on.

Edited by BasketBaller

So. Navy twin went back to the Yard almost a month ago, and signed his commitment papers. Midshipmen can leave the Academy during their first two years with no need to repay or service obligation. But once they start their Second Class (junior) year, they're committed to serving for at least 5 years after graduation. He's in for the long haul.

Last week DePaul Twin flew back to Chicago on his own and is back at classes. Older Brother is here at least through December, when his Hill internship ends. His hope is to find a job that will let him get an apartment. In DC that probably means with roommate(s) but he won't mind. His gf has started at GW Law and has a solo dorm room, so there's already been a lot of time spent there-- no overnights yet but some pretty late arrivals home.

It is, of course, nice to have him here. For one thing he gets up early and makes coffee!

This summer, it was Navy Twin with whom I had the most searching conversations about sexuality and my social life. He really wants me to find someone, which is so touching. Anyway, after two years on my own it's yet another "new normal," with my eldest as roommate. We carry on.

Thank you for the update. Time truly flies. I was thinking that this was the beginning of the twins' second year. But obviously if Navy Twin is a junior, it must be the beginning of their third year.

My great-nephew (fraternal) twins are 8 and have started third grade. One of them just got braces. The other will down the road.

Gman

As always, this thread is enlightening and heartwarming to read.

Thanks for sharing so much BasketBaller. I suspect you’ve helped

more men than you can possibly imagine with the openness and

honesty you’ve shown here.

Btw.....

Tall....check.

Lean....check.

Blonde....check.

Top....check.

Jesus....what more do I have to do?.....learn how to play fucking basketball?

Grin

Thanks as always for the kind comments. And to be clear those preferences are not set in stone, I've been smitten with guys who are very different.

An anecdote. Before leaving, DePaul Twin and I took him to get some new clothes for the year, and we ate lunch at a great sandwich place in DC's Friendship Heights called Booeymonger. While we were eating a guy came in who was not particularly tall and not blond, but very attractive-- broad shoulders, which are another big thing for me. As he walked to the counter to order, I guess I checked him out obviously enough so that when I looked back at my son he was grinning from ear to ear and shaking his head. I think I blushed. DePaul Twin looked over at him, turned back and gave me a thumbs-up. Then the guy's girlfriend or wife joined him in line., and Twin sighed and went back to eating. Not all conversations are verbal.

Thanks as always for the kind comments. And to be clear those preferences are not set in stone, I've been smitten with guys who are very different.

An anecdote. Before leaving, DePaul Twin and I took him to get some new clothes for the year, and we ate lunch at a great sandwich place in DC's Friendship Heights called Booeymonger. While we were eating a guy came in who was not particularly tall and not blond, but very attractive-- broad shoulders, which are another big thing for me. As he walked to the counter to order, I guess I checked him out obviously enough so that when I looked back at my son he was grinning from ear to ear and shaking his head. I think I blushed. DePaul Twin looked over at him, turned back and gave me a thumbs-up. Then the guy's girlfriend or wife joined him in line., and Twin sighed and went back to eating. Not all conversations are verbal.

I live in the wrong place, I tell ya......looks great!

http://www.booeymonger.com/

As we have now delved into food, I was wondering @BasketBaller, whether you have ever been to a Tex-Mex restaurant named Lauriol Plaza in DC. A mutual friend of @azdr0710 and myself (he was I believe an occasional member here although his real love was the Muscle Service Station) took me there about 10 years ago. I only have a vague memory of the place. But I think I enjoyed it.

He also took me to a diner in Maryland. I believe it was one of the Double T Diners. It was somewhere near the suburb of Severna Park.

http://doubletdiner.com/double-t-diner/

Gman

I was sitting across from one of our residents in the O.R. lounge. The path to the men’s locker room was just to our side. I watched him cruise one of the surgical Residents, following him with his eyes. I then caught his eyes.

“I saw that,” I said.

The look of shear panic was priceless. Then I smiled, he called me a bastard, and we both laughed.

Sounds like you have a high quality wingman for cruising operations. I'm sure the blushing will be seen as hot and endearing by cruisers who check you out. ;)

As we have now delved into food, I was wondering @BasketBaller, whether you have ever been to a Tex-Mex restaurant named Lauriol Plaza in DC. A mutual friend of @azdr0710 and myself (he was I believe an occasional member here although his real love was the Muscle Service Station) took me there about 10 years ago. I only have a vague memory of the place. But I think I enjoyed it.

He also took me to a diner in Maryland. I believe it was one of the Double T Diners. It was somewhere near the suburb of Severna Park.

http://doubletdiner.com/double-t-diner/

Gman

I haven't been to Lauriol Plaza in a long time, but it used to be good and it's very popular so I assume it still is. It's hard to park near it, though! I hear good things about the Double T Diners but haven't been there as far as I remember.

• 2 months later...

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. The boys are all home and we went to my folks' for dinner. Navy Twin's girlfriend was there, and the two of them went to her family's later dinner! Older Brother's GF is with her family in Boston, and I think he would have gone there, but he had to go into the office he's interning at today.

OB spends most weekends at his girlfriend's place, from Friday evening to Sunday. Navy Twin and his long distance romance seem to be thriving, and I know she's gone to Annapolis a time or two for a weekend. I haven't asked if he stays at her motel if he can get overnight liberty, but it wouldn't surprise me. And DePaul Twin seems to be playing the field in Chicago, at least a bit.

I have been seeing someone on and off for a couple of months. I don't think it's serious but we're having a good time. Older Brother has met him and likes him. What a change from the past! I met the guy doing volunteer work at Walter Reed, with a group that serves meals at the Fisher Houses. He works for a non-profit, is about a year younger than me, and is very handsome-- I think some of the women in the group are jealous of us hanging out together. Older Brother spending weekends at GW means I can have him over or go to his place with impunity-- I have not yet brought a guy home with any of the boys here but I have stayed out. (I always let them know if I won't be coming home, LOL.)

Have a good weekend all. We'll watch Navy play Houston Saturday all together with a bunch of their friends over.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. The boys are all home and we went to my folks' for dinner. Navy Twin's girlfriend was there, and the two of them went to her family's later dinner! Older Brother's GF is with her family in Boston, and I think he would have gone there, but he had to go into the office he's interning at today.

OB spends most weekends at his girlfriend's place, from Friday evening to Sunday. Navy Twin and his long distance romance seem to be thriving, and I know she's gone to Annapolis a time or two for a weekend. I haven't asked if he stays at her motel if he can get overnight liberty, but it wouldn't surprise me. And DePaul Twin seems to be playing the field in Chicago, at least a bit.

I have been seeing someone on and off for a couple of months. I don't think it's serious but we're having a good time. Older Brother has met him and likes him. What a change from the past! I met the guy doing volunteer work at Walter Reed, with a group that serves meals at the Fisher Houses. He works for a non-profit, is about a year younger than me, and is very handsome-- I think some of the women in the group are jealous of us hanging out together. Older Brother spending weekends at GW means I can have him over or go to his place with impunity-- I have not yet brought a guy home with any of the boys here but I have stayed out. (I always let them know if I won't be coming home, LOL.)

Have a good weekend all. We'll watch Navy play Houston Saturday all together with a bunch of their friends over.

It sounds as if all is going well for you and the boys. Have a great holiday season. There is a small point I think we all should appreciate, you were concerned about how all this would work and it has worked out well. The lesson is, life is hard enough, don't overthink it.

It sounds as if all is going well for you and the boys. Have a great holiday season. There is a small point I think we all should appreciate, you were concerned about how all this would work and it has worked out well. The lesson is, life is hard enough, don't overthink it.

All too true. I really never doubted my sons' acceptance but thought it might take time. And I did not expect their

immediate support, and how strong it would be. Lots of worry I shouldn't have bothered with. But of course, I spent years in denial to myself, and I suppose I knew once I told them I had to truly accept it all myself. I know that sounds odd, I'd been having sex with men for ten years, but I think their was a tiny corner of my mind that was still refusing to accept the truth.

Edited by BasketBaller

All too true. I really never doubted my sons' acceptance but thought it might take time. And I did not expect their

immediate support, and how strong it would be. Lots of worry I shouldn't have bothered with. But of course, I spent ears in dxenial to myself, and I suppose I knew once I told them I had to truly accept it all myself. I know that sounds odd, I'd been having sex with men for ten years, but I think their was a tiny corner of my mind that was still refusing to accept the truth.

Yes self acceptance is a big step on the road to a happy life. Great that you are making great strides in your life.

Edited by purplekow