Airline Passenger Telling It Like It Is!!-Passenger Grumpiness!!!

Gar1eth
This topic is 2319 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The stewardess made the announcement that "as we have a very full flight, we'd like to ask you to step out of the row so people can get by."

My response to this is people are standing in the aisle because they are putting luggage and other bags in the overhead storage.

Personally I'd like the airline not charge me $50 dollars to check two luggage bags. In addition I'd like a forward seat pocket that is larger than a kitty flap door opening and can actually hold stuff.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii612/rexmaker/D265D239-89DF-4F7B-9B92-C63E5C8A5E41_zpswptcfsmw.jpg

But it looks like neither I nor the stewardesses are going to get what we want.:mad:

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand Delta's jetway "valet" service. It encourages people to bring aboard large roller bags by allowing them to skip the $25 checked bag fee and avoid the wait at baggage claim. I assume it is the lesser of the evils compared to delayed take offs.

On the other hand, charging for carry-on's creates a bunch of arguments about what a 'personal article' is and makes you look like Spirit.

It's a no win.

19ae685ou2pcejpg.jpg

http://themetapicture.com/media/picture.jpe hqdefault.jpg

Last time i flew back into vegas from a trip i had one guy over filling his seat and into half of mine. was okay because he was muscular lol.. mr olympia in vegas :D

but most of the time its someone you would rather NOT touch. if they want to fill up my seat, they can buy my ticket too.

Last time i flew back into vegas from a trip i had one guy over filling his seat and into half of mine. was okay because he was muscular lol.. mr olympia in vegas :D

but most of the time its someone you would rather NOT touch. if they want to fill up my seat, they can buy my ticket too.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/8d/8d4c7bd5e89012b0cd2ce8ed2c63da28f1cfa91f92056ae40dcb6bbd61168901.jpg

Unfortunately, there is usually a trade off between price and the product you get in return. Unfortunately, most Americans prefer a cheap price to more leg room, wider seats, food, free baggage, etc. Where offered, people can upgrade to business or first class if they want more legroom and wider seats and food, etc.

Unfortunately, there is usually a trade off between price and the product you get in return. Unfortunately, most Americans prefer a cheap price to more leg room, wider seats, food, free baggage, etc. Where offered, people can upgrade to business or first class if they want more legroom and wider seats and food, etc.

I should be noted that Southwest Airlines does not charge to check a passenger's first two bags.

Brilliant!

It's called capitalism!

Passengers can also drive, take Amtrak (if it's available) or buy a first class ticket to be more comfortable. I am ok with United economy plus seats.

Hire less and get yourself an upgrade or avoid flying.

Edited by marylander1940

I don't find the sort of boarding announcement quoted above to be annoying. What's annoying are passengers who insist on bringing aboard as much junk as they are allowed, and then not having the common sense to actually have their bags ready to put overhead as soon as they reach their seat rows. Anyone who needs to open said bag to get things out of or put things inside of a bag while standing in the aisle is inconsiderate; sadly, there are always at least few passengers like this on every flight.

We have gotten the flying experience we wanted and now do nothing but complain. Prior to deregulation the airlines competed on service in a tightly controlled market managed by the CAB. Now the competition is based on price and services are very limited or nonexistent.

A traveler gets a cheap flight coast to coast for less than 300 bucks. What does one expect for that rate? It's like wanting an @tristanbaldwin experience for $50. And that 50 buck experience certainly ain't going to compare to the real thing.

We have gotten the flying experience we wanted and now do nothing but complain. Prior to deregulation the airlines competed on service in a tightly controlled market managed by the CAB. Now the competition is based on price and services are very limited or nonexistent.

A traveler gets a cheap flight coast to coast for less than 300 bucks. What does one expect for that rate? It's like wanting an @tristanbaldwin experience for $50. And that 50 buck experience certainly ain't going to compare to the real thing.

yeah. i just bought a round trip plane ticket. the fare for there and back was 80.00.... add in the government taxes, the airlines fees.. baggage and what not.. the total came to 250.00 the taxes and fees ended up being way more then the cost of the actual fare itself.

One of the many delightful aspects of flying in this day and age has kept me perplexed since the airlines started implementing it. When flying coach, one's boarding pass is assigned a 'group number', based on God only knows what. Then, "we will begin boarding Group 1" then "...Group 2..." etc. WHY - in the name of all that is holy! - do they not begin boarding the plane with the poor chumps (like me) who are sitting furthest in the back???????????!!!!!! That way...DUH...people won't be crawling all over each other trying to get to their seats!!

One of the many delightful aspects of flying in this day and age has kept me perplexed since the airlines started implementing it. When flying coach, one's boarding pass is assigned a 'group number', based on God only knows what. Then, "we will begin boarding Group 1" then "...Group 2..." etc. WHY - in the name of all that is holy! - do they not begin boarding the plane with the poor chumps (like me) who are sitting furthest in the back???????????!!!!!! That way...DUH...people won't be crawling all over each other trying to get to their seats!!

Back a few years ago, one airline (United I think) tried boarding window seats first in group one, middle seats in group two and isle seats in group three. I think it did not work out as it broke up families traveling together.

Southwest does not assign seats but gives boarding priority based on a number of factors.

Very simply, it is a perk for frequent flyers. Delta boards in order of 1) anyone needing special assistance (which should be wheelchairs & baby carriages but is abused at times), 2) first class and diamond medallion, 3) skymember premium plus those who've paid extra for a "comfort" class seat, then, zones 1, 2, etc.

It's one of the few free things they can offer frequent flyers (as opposed to a free upgrade to first which they can instead sell to a coach pax for dollars or points).

Logistically it is a little backwards since the groups who board first tend to be toward the front and on the aisles but getting on early gives you a much better shot at the much-coveted overhead bin space.