Airline Passenger Telling It Like It Is!!-Passenger Grumpiness!!!

Gar1eth
This topic is 2319 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If you've ever had an airline lose your luggage, you would understand. It need only happen once, and you would be cured from ever checking baggage again.

Truth.

One time on an overnight to Paris, where I had business meetings scheduled starting with lunch the first day, the airline lost my luggage. This was before credible business attire could be even slightly casual, so I spent the morning running around buying shirt, slacks, jacket, tie to look halfway presentable.

The bag did arrive that evening. But never again will I chance that.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth.

One time on an overnight to Paris, where I had business meetings scheduled starting with lunch the first day, the airline lost my luggage. This was before credible business attire could be even slightly casual, so I spent the morning running around buying shirt, slacks, jacket, tie to look halfway presentable.

The bag did arrive that evening. But never again will I chance that.

I vaguely remember my Mom's suitcase being taken by someone else when we traveled to Dallas for a funeral once. A woman had accidentally thought my Mom's suitcase was hers. And this was back in the days when Love Field had someone at baggage claim supposedly making sure you had the correct luggage before you could leave the area.

Gman

And this was back in the days when Love Field had someone at baggage claim supposedly making sure you had the correct luggage before you could leave the area.

I remember when they did that, or pretended to. I think those people checked about one out of every 30 passengers, if that.

• 1 month later...

I can't compete with an account of service in any of the various first class cabins. I've only travelled in first class once, from Penang to Singapore (via KL) on MAS. (AA first class on a J class QF ticket doesn't count.) If I planned to travel once every two or so years I might consider flying first class, but I hope to travel more often.

I value a decent experience in the air, and in the lounge before departure. I flew economy SYD-DFW early this year (in an A380), the service was good and I was complimented for wearing a jacket and tie (why they would do that I have no idea). The person in front of me said that they had requested a vegetarian meal, the cabin staff were unaware but arranged for the first class chef to prepare a vegetarian meal for the passenger.

On my return flight I upgraded to premium economy. First class it ain't, but the leg room and the service was good. More recently I flew across Australia in business class (flat bed seats, but it was a daylight flight so who cares), and taking into account the business class lounge, I was sufficiently pampered.

I understand that competing first class cabins are interesting, but for me competing steps above economy are enough.

Last time i flew back into vegas from a trip i had one guy over filling his seat and into half of mine. was okay because he was muscular lol.. mr olympia in vegas :D

but most of the time its someone you would rather NOT touch. if they want to fill up my seat, they can buy my ticket too.

I feel this way whenever a full size SUV pulls in next to my compact in the parking lot.

The thing with all the top Mid Eastern Airlines - Emirates, Etihad, Qatar and Gulf - is that when the crew gel together and the crew are in a good mood - its heaven on a stick BUT when they are unhappy (and they often are as life in the Mid East is often not that good for the crew) they do only as much as they have to - and thats it. So it can be either a great or a mediocre experience

SQ is always the same - if a little robotic - and it takes a while to get them to come out of there shell and indulge in some chat

turbulence?......what is this......this turbulence you speak of??

I am not sure exactly what turbulence is but I did hear a British Airways pilot use the term once. My flight was about an hour or so from landing at Heathrow and I was in First Class enjoying a leisurely breakfast when the captain announced that due to "turbulence" they would not be serving breakfast. My guess is turbulence must be some sort of malfunction in the microwave they use to heat up coach meals.

• 1 year later...

https://nypost.com/2018/01/04/luckiest-passenger-ever-gets-entire-plane-to-herself/

By Lauren Steussy January 4, 2018

Luckiest passenger ever gets entire plane to herself

Amid countless holiday-travel horror stories, one traveler provides a beacon of hope.

Beth VerSteeg got an entire plane to herself this week after accidentally scoring a seat on a flight intended solely for airline staff, according to Mashable.

VerSteeg provided a tell-all look via Reddit at the lonely, beautiful flight, which only had one flight attendant — who, yes, still gave the safety spiel for her audience of one.

The happy mistake happened earlier this week, after VerSteeg’s original flight from Rochester, NY, to Washington, DC, was canceled and she and several other passengers were rebooked on a later flight.

Airline staff quickly realized they had mistakenly booked the DC-bound passengers on a crew-only flight and managed to squeeze them onto an earlier flight. VerSteeg, however, missed the memo — and only realized something was off when she found herself alone in the waiting area 45 minutes before takeoff.

“One of the airport agents came over while I was waiting and asked if that was the flight I was waiting for, then said, ‘I knew this would happen,’ ” VerSteeg wrote in the thread. Happily, they agreed to take her anyway.

Once she’d boarded, VerSteeg chose a seat in the third row (there was no first-class section on the small plane). On her Reddit thread, she recalls making “awkward eye contact” with the lone flight attendant on board and spreading out over two seats.

“My top half had the window seat and the bottom half had the aisle,” she writes.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/04/luckiest-passenger-ever-gets-entire-plane-to-herself/

By Lauren Steussy January 4, 2018