Seeking arrangements success!

MrMiniver

2 hours ago, Thelatin said:

I have a guy I see on occasion, he’s always late so I plan accordingly.  Last time was 2 and a half hours late, and I can’t find my expensive cologne that he complimented me on.  I won’t be seeing him again. 

Hmmm? Same experience though never was that late. More like 45 to an hour and yeah seemed to have lost a bottle of expensive cologne myself one evening after a visit.

3 hours ago, Thelatin said:

I have a guy I see on occasion, he’s always late so I plan accordingly.  Last time was 2 and a half hours late, and I can’t find my expensive cologne that he complimented me on.  I won’t be seeing him again. 

The only excuse to being late is taking longer than expected "prepping".

35 minutes ago, Coolwave35 said:

We’re so different. 

IMG_1621.png

18 minutes? I understand you're paying but let's be a little bit more patient. 

Unfortunately, young folks don't know that and think everything that depends on others (metro, traffic, etc.) will run like a clock. 

I'm never late because I keep expectations about ETA reasonable, I walk pretty much everywhere and check the metro website if I need to commute. 

18 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

The only excuse to being late is taking longer than expected "prepping".

Unfortunately, young folks don't know that and think everything that depends on others (metro, traffic, etc.) will run like a clock. 

I'm never late because I keep expectations about ETA reasonable, I walk pretty much everywhere and check the metro website if I need to commute. 

It was late for a FaceTime. I sought out privacy for it and he decided to take a shower. I’m much more forgiving if there’s some travel or subway component which I deal with all the time in nyc. 

Edited by Coolwave35

7 hours ago, SouthOfTheBorder said:

I’ve come to realize when trying to explain concept of timeliness & courtesy to others, it’s a complete waste of my time.  always.  and it can come off condescending 

plus - makes me sound old, which I am, but don’t like to fall into the stereotype

Is lateness expected south of the border or that's a stereotype created by evil America?

10 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

I tend to agree. I haven't met a millennial yet who thinks being on-time is a goal,  worth his effort. There are many reasons that someone would miss their appointment by 15 to 20 minutes.

image.gif

Edited by pubic_assistance
grammar

4 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

I tend to agree. I haven't met a millennial yet who thinks being on-time is a goal,  worth his effort. There are many reasons thst someone would miss their appointment by 15 to 20 minutes.

image.gif

But if a client is late, it's the end of the world and unacceptable. 

This is what I would tell them:

5578a7db-459e-4237-8112-b139523b2212_tex

Other folks have lives and commitments too, but 18 mins late is not so bad especially if they let you know. 

Some folks could be on time and more productive if they simply place the iPhone in their pockets while walking on the street. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, pubic_assistance said:

I tend to agree. I haven't met a millennial yet who thinks being on-time is a goal,  worth his effort. There are many reasons that someone would miss their appointment by 15 to 20 minutes.

I have a millennial regular who is very conscious about being on time, apologizing profusely when even 3 or 4 minutes late. Have had similar experiences with other millennials, some even texting to let me know they had arrived early.

Of course, there are a few that were less punctual, though I think they make up about 20%. Even then, none have been more than 15 minutes late with decent communication along the way.

Maybe I've been lucky, it's just the sort of guys that I'm drawn to, or both?

3 minutes ago, Your Man in Arlington said:

I have a millennial regular who is very conscious about being on time, apologizing profusely when even 3 or 4 minutes late. Have had similar experiences with other millennials, some even texting to let me know they had arrived early.

Of course, there are a few that were less punctual, though I think they make up about 20%. Even then, none have been more than 15 minutes late with decent communication along the way.

Maybe I've been lucky, it's just the sort of guys that I'm drawn to, or both?

He's a gem! 

1 hour ago, marylander1940 said:

Other folks have lives and commitments too, but 18 mins late is not so bad especially if they let you know. 

I disagree. Time is the most precious, limited, unrenewable resource we have. I think lateness shows the greatest disrespect of a person. Early on in my hiring career I sat in a hotel lobby for 45 minutes for a provider that didn’t show up, and said never again.  

This past weekend in New York I had a 2pm in call with a provider that he picked the time for and insisted on hosting. I get a text at 1:57, after I’m finishing my hot chocolate across the street, can we push it back to 2:30.  My friend who is staying overnight is taking his time to get out. I said I’m already downstairs and if you can’t see me by 2:05 I’m going to go. At 2:20 I get a text that I can come up now but I had already left. 

Punctuality is really important to me, and a lackadaisical disrespect of someone’s time is inexcusable to me in nearly all cases, especially when you’re paying for a service. 

Edited by Coolwave35

dear lord. as a new yorker a little wiggle room please. as a consumer have more than a few times found myself waiting 20/30 minutes because transport to a provider was quicker than expected. and i always assume my providers have the same issues. subway, taxi, uber, no matter...ultimately up to the two parties to set time frame expectations....and promptness expectations.

Edited by PileDriver

although i have to say an hour and half late once some guy showed up. lucky for him a regular was able to occupy my time. but hen two assignations later with the same late guy he went off on me for being a half hour late. can't win. he accused me of being a privileged white guy! what? lol.

13 hours ago, PileDriver said:

although i have to say an hour and half late once some guy showed up.

last summer I waited about 90 minutes for a provider to arrive.  it was in the evening & I was at home - annoying, but not a dealbreaker bc no plans after.  it was one of my most spectacular experiences, ever.  in hindsight - totally worth it.  
you never know what’s right around the corner 

36 minutes ago, Coolwave35 said:

I just landed in Toronto. The boy I flew up for cancelled. Food poisoning. Now I have the unfortunate task of rushing to meet someone new to fill the time, the restaurant reservations, the basketball tickets etc. It’s the major down side to seeking. 

That’s a shame. But let’s be honest it’s not unique to seeking. “Food Poisoning” and “stomach problems” have cause many an RM provider leaving me hanging at a hotel, dinner reservations, etc.!

2 hours ago, MikeBiDude said:

That’s a shame. But let’s be honest it’s not unique to seeking. “Food Poisoning” and “stomach problems” have cause many an RM provider leaving me hanging at a hotel, dinner reservations, etc.!

That was an excuse in used many times when I called in sick to work. Always blamed it on barbeque or Chinese food. 

4 hours ago, MikeBiDude said:

Bright side?  I found a phd student, 6’5” gorgeous face from the countryside to have lunch with. 

5 hours ago, Coolwave35 said:

I just landed in Toronto.

Interesting. I like Toronto. I think it’s a beautiful city, but my percentage of "flakes" there was incredibly high. That is until I met a big beefy massage therapist who was a voracious bottom and turned out to also be an excellent cook. As they say, it only takes one.