Thoughts on those who are 50-ish, 60+ and sexual desire?

carlos45

My serious desire for sex lasted into my late 60s. After that, I lost interest in doing it with anyone. I think that a lot of what excited me sexually was the belief that the other guy was excited about doing it with me, even if I was paying him for it. By my late 60s, I could no longer fool myself into believing that the sexual attraction was mutual. I honestly don't miss sexual activity--I get more physical and emotional satisfaction from a good game of tennis. That doesn't mean that I don't still appreciate looking at attractive men--I just can't fantasize myself doing anything with them.

29 minutes ago, Charlie said:

My serious desire for sex lasted into my late 60s. After that, I lost interest in doing it with anyone. I think that a lot of what excited me sexually was the belief that the other guy was excited about doing it with me, even if I was paying him for it. By my late 60s, I could no longer fool myself into believing that the sexual attraction was mutual. I honestly don't miss sexual activity--I get more physical and emotional satisfaction from a good game of tennis. That doesn't mean that I don't still appreciate looking at attractive men--I just can't fantasize myself doing anything with them.

I feel much the same, however, I find an occasional "massage" to be "beneficial."

7 hours ago, liubit said:

I am in my mid 60s and my sexual desire is VERY much alive. I still have the lust of a very horny teenager and, with the help of magic blue or yellow pills, I also have the stamina of my youth. 

Same here, and I’ve never needed a magic pill either. I sometimes think I have an excessive sex drive. And I must still be vaguely appealing since a 25 year old provider rimmed me the other night without me asking.

I still have my dirty, disgusting and constant sexual desire towards every other man I see. Of course, my brain reacts faster than my body, and my body certainly isn't the 24/7 walking erection that I was back in the day. I still function well when I need it, with a little help here and there. The additional help (magic pill) is optional, for when I have a more expensive provider.

At 75, I still have a very vivid and energetic libido; as someone who once observed of themself, "I can get aroused by the crack of dawn," and I sometimes feel the same. However, plumbing issues being as they have become, I feel in the position of an old dog with no teeth who finally catches one of the cars he's chased after all his life. "Now what?" he asks himself.  What now indeed?

What is love? 'Tis not hereafter, 
Present mirth hath present laughter.
What's to come is still unsure.

So come and kiss me, Sweet and Twenty,
Youth's a stuff will not endure.

I'm younger than many of the gentlemen here. In my early 50s. So not really at the stage where things started to slow down much. But wanted to add that my testosterone levels are checked every year in my annual physical and THAT continuously high level of testosterone makes a big difference in any man's sexual desire and performance. So in my opinion if you CAN artificially keep your levels up, I don't see why you wouldn't take advantage of the opportunity.

I suppose for some the reduced desire to be chasing after sex is a welcome part of maturing. But if you can afford to get what you want sexually, why not continue to enjoy until it's time to stick you in a box and say goodbye ?

I like the opportunity for company especially when I travel solo.

21 hours ago, Charlie said:

When my doctor first learned that I had no interest in being sexually active any longer (he's gay, by the way), he recommended testosterone treatment, but I declined. Why stimulate me to want something that probably would be too much trouble to get anyway?

There's more to it than that.   Testosterone is anti-inflammatory; it will increase your energy level; make your body more responsive to physical exercise so that it's easier to maintain a healthful body composition; it improves mood; sharpens your mental status, etc., etc.

1 hour ago, Rudynate said:

There's more to it than that.   Testosterone is anti-inflammatory; it will increase your energy level; make your body more responsive to physical exercise so that it's easier to maintain a healthful body composition; it improves mood; sharpens your mental status, etc., etc.

Yeah, those were the doctor's arguments for testosterone, too, but I don't like to take more medications than I actually need (and he never suggested it until he inquired after my level of sexual activity and learned that there was none). 

27 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Yeah, those were the doctor's arguments for testosterone, too, but I don't like to take more medications than I actually need (and he never suggested it until he inquired after my level of sexual activity and learned that there was none). 

If you are committed to the idea that it's a medication, I can see that you wouldn't be comfortable with it.  You might try on the idea that it's not a medication but a hormone.

58 minutes ago, Rudynate said:

If you are committed to the idea that it's a medication, I can see that you wouldn't be comfortable with it.  You might try on the idea that it's not a medication but a hormone.

I know that it is usually referred to as a "supplement" rather than a medication, but if I get it from a pharmacy with a doctor's prescription, I don't really see much difference. The doctor never thought I needed it until the sexual activity question came up, and he thought my lack of interest was a "problem" (I thought it was kind of a relief).

7 minutes ago, Charlie said:

I know that it is usually referred to as a "supplement" rather than a medication, but if I get it from a pharmacy with a doctor's prescription, I don't really see much difference. The doctor never thought I needed it until the sexual activity question came up, and he thought my lack of interest was a "problem" (I thought it was kind of a relief).

So be it.

On 3/8/2024 at 3:18 PM, Charlie said:

My serious desire for sex lasted into my late 60s. After that, I lost interest in doing it with anyone. I think that a lot of what excited me sexually was the belief that the other guy was excited about doing it with me, even if I was paying him for it. By my late 60s, I could no longer fool myself into believing that the sexual attraction was mutual. 

I enjoy having sex with men in their 70s, 80s, and 90s and have since my late 20s.  I'm not a Unicorn. 

On 3/8/2024 at 6:18 PM, Charlie said:

i think it's still possible to be sexually attracted to someone in their late 60s/70s/80s. I know for myself, I hooked up with a guy 15 years ago when he was 45. He's now 60 and I recently hooked up with him again a few months ago and it was great. Even though both of us have aged, I still picture him the way I first met him when he was age 45. 

• 1 month later...

In my experience, men in their 50s and 60s have definitely not lost their mojo😉. I have often hooked up with guys in that age bracket at events. They never failed to please, and seem to give more time and effort to your needs. So I would have to say their desire and abilities do not diminish over time.

And there is my old gym teacher who is in his early 60’s who I love to check in on😏 when I visit back home.