Anyone have DIRECT PERSONAL assoc with anybody/thing on Wikipedia?

Funguy

As I began my earlier post regarding walk throughs down memory lane with my earliest memories, I began to think of my earlier life and what a true privilege I had being raised by my parents.  Many here have mentioned the good, bad, the ugly of their upbringings and I have realized what a blessed life I have lived.  

At 75 I hadn't thought of many of the most fabulous (and I am not kidding) events in my early life.  After 30 I have led a wonderful life, have had a great career, many friends and overall success.  But then I began to reminisce about the "olden days" and the true fantastical events which took place thanks to my parents and my upbringing.

So - to the topic: does anybody have any direct personal association with anybody or anything listed in Wikipedia?

I actually have three.

1.  Anna Bonomi Bolchini -- nicknamed in Italy as "The lady of Finance."  Unfortunately the article is in Italian and my college Italian does help but my 75 year old mind takes too long (where is Whipped Guy when I need him?!)  She, in her own right, was one of the wealthiest people in Italy before, during, and after WW2.  My father was in Italy for most of WW2 and met her and her second husband, Giuseppe Bolchini, tho they were not yet married at the time, through their work with the Italian Underground and Resistance.  They all remained close friends after the war.  I went to Italy with my parents in 1963 and met them - the most wonderful people ever, and stayed at their well-known castle in Parqaggi, outside of and overlooking Portofino.  Hence, #2.

2.  Il Castello di Paraggi -- as above.  Built in the 14th century and in the family since the 1800's.  The art-filled rooms are more impressive than any museum I have ever visited.  All original Masters, sculptures, even drawings by da Vinci - any objet you can conceive is there.  During WW2, the Germans commandeered the castle and all was well hidden so that after the Germans left it could all be recovered.  There is a guest book going back to its origin with the signatures of popes, kings, emperors, world leaders, and friends.  If you were to be lucky enough to be invited to visit (closed to the public) and saw this guest book MY NAME IS THERE!!!  Of course, all of this art is restricted to Italy, can be privately held but not be removed from the country, and is just a small portion of their holdings as they have residences all over Italy: Milan, Rome, Lake Como, etc. etc.

They even leased Il Castello at one time to Sylvio Berluschoni and this is where many of his infamous parties with underage girls/women were held.  The lease was not renewed after the initial period!!

On to the mundane:

3.  As I mentioned in my earlier post about memories, I had the fun experience in 1957 of flying on a Pan Am Boeing B377 Stratocruiser from LAX to Honolulu.  This was the first of the double-deckers (prop of course) with a lounge on the lower deck and seats on the main deck.  It also had berths above the seats where the "overhead compartments" would be and you could stretch out and go to sleep as you crossed the Pacific and also to Europe across the Atlantic.  Only took that flight once but it is indelibly etched in my memory.  I did find out from Wikipedia that It turned out the safety record on this aircraft was not the best but I lived to tell!

Does anybody else have connections to postings in Wikipedia?

18 hours ago, Funguy said:

So - to the topic: does anybody have any direct personal association with anybody or anything listed in Wikipedia?

Considering most folks who are famous (politicians, artists, singers, entrepreneurs, sportsmen, architects, developers, pioneers, professionals, etc.) have a page in Wikipedia I guess most of us have met someone who is mentioned there.

Most cities also have a list of "notable folks" who were born in the town, therefore even if you were born in a small town, you have some form of connection with someone who is famous and therefore has a page in that site. 

I dated a guy who was born in this small town who was possibly the oldest guy I ever dated. We have a Wikipedia connection in common, his baby-sitter was Louis Brooks, later on his mother was outraged about that "whore" being closed to her son when he was a baby. 

In 1976 she signed a copy of her book "Memories of Berlin: the twilight of the Weimer Culture" which I still have. Even though she was rediscovered in the 60's she never profiter from her previous fame. 

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG
27 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Yeah, I've slept with a few guys who are named on Wikipedia, but I am not.

2 hours ago, Lucky said:

I know several people who have Wikipedia entrees, but really, so what?

Me too!

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

8 minutes ago, azdr0710 said:

the father of close childhood friends is named as the culpable engineer in the wiki article on the 1981 Hyatt Regency Kansas City disaster.......

image.jpeg.e4e6bb985acfb7d1c46b6ea44dff93c1.jpeg

I've been there!

Now it's a Sheraton!

Every neighborhood of most cities nowadays has a Wikipedia page, places we walk by daily have anecdotes, etc. we can find out about. 

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

He's a real pig bottom, which I like....so to say "is someone good in bed" is all relative to your style.

I had a good time. He was also pretty young when I met him...so no idea what he's like now.

I have a buddy, i forget who, who also fucked him and said he was good, but a bit loose. But like you, i also love pig/power/slutty bottoms