NYC Duo Fraudsters Rebranded

tenderloin

https://rentmen.eu/TIVERIOYDAVID

I warned about these two in a previous post. They blocked me before I could post a negative RM review, but since they already had one bad review on the site, they have rebranded to get rid of that review and start clean.  They are conmen and crooks. PM me for further detail. You've been warned. 

Edited by tenderloin

11 minutes ago, tenderloin said:

https://rentmen.eu/TIVERIOYDAVID

I warned about these two in a previous post. They blocked me before I could post a negative RM review, but since they already had one bad review on the site, so they have rebranded to get rid of that review and start clean.  They are conmen and crooks. PM me for further detail. You've been warned. 

It might be easier if you share your interactions with them on here?

Did they harm you? 

1 minute ago, marylander1940 said:

It might be easier if you share your interactions with them on here?

Did they harm you? 

They did not physically harm me, but: in addition to not doing during the session what was explicitly agreed beforehand, and demanding a rate increase mid-session, and ending the session after only 20 minutes (after I agreed to the increase), one of them tried to distract me while the other started exploring the apartment looking on shelves and in drawers. I then ushered them both out of my apartment. They were not even out of my building before they blocked me on RM as they knew I would post a bad review. 

6 hours ago, tenderloin said:

They did not physically harm me, but: in addition to not doing during the session what was explicitly agreed beforehand, and demanding a rate increase mid-session, and ending the session after only 20 minutes (after I agreed to the increase), one of them tried to distract me while the other started exploring the apartment looking on shelves and in drawers. I then ushered them both out of my apartment. They were not even out of my building before they blocked me on RM as they knew I would post a bad review. 

Your life, not mine, but why in the world would you invite an unknown provider (let alone two of them together) into your apartment? It just strikes me as inherently risky, and it seems you got off easy from the encounter, even if being an uncomfortable one. It could have ended much worse. (My thought has always been, they don't need to dump the body if I'm killed in my place.) Please be careful!

3 hours ago, wsc said:

Your life, not mine, but why in the world would you invite an unknown provider (let alone two of them together) into your apartment? It just strikes me as inherently risky, and it seems you got off easy from the encounter, even if being an uncomfortable one. It could have ended much worse. (My thought has always been, they don't need to dump the body if I'm killed in my place.) Please be careful!

Fair point, but I think that risk exists in almost any rental situation unless you are seeing someone you already know. My building records all visitors, and the cameras are quite evident to folks as they walk into the foyer and enter the elevator. In NYC at least, many providers live in less desirable parts of town, so I think the risk is greater when one is entering one of these dwellings while likely carrying a large amount of cash. 

True story - I had a regular I would see in East Harlem. One time I got into the elevator with a woman who, without asking, immediately pushed the button for the floor to which I was headed. I smiled and asked her "how did you know?"  In an unfriendly tone, she replied "there's only one reason men like you come into my building, and he's on the 16th floor." 

41 minutes ago, tenderloin said:

Fair point, but I think that risk exists in almost any rental situation unless you are seeing someone you already know. My building records all visitors, and the cameras are quite evident to folks as they walk into the foyer and enter the elevator. In NYC at least, many providers live in less desirable parts of town, so I think the risk is greater when one is entering one of these dwellings while likely carrying a large amount of cash. 

True story - I had a regular I would see in East Harlem. One time I got into the elevator with a woman who, without asking, immediately pushed the button for the floor to which I was headed. I smiled and asked her "how did you know?"  In an unfriendly tone, she replied "there's only one reason men like you come into my building, and he's on the 16th floor.

That is hilarious!

And thank you for the additional info on the apartment situation; it puts things in a different light. I agree that there is some risk in every meeting with an unfamiliar provider, no matter where the meeting takes place. Most of mine are in nicer hotels and which generally have good security and a staff who mind their own business about my business. Logging all visitors is a very good measure, providing an even better safeguard than a vigilant hotel staff. So, I'll relax my concerns for safety in your home. But, please, still be careful.

Years ago in LA, I went to a provider's home, a rented house he shared with two other men. I didn't know that going in and thankfully didn't meet the other roommates during my visit; that would have greatly unnerved me. The house was in a part of town neither grand nor gross, neither Brentwood nor Watts. But the roommate situation and the neighborhood vibe, especially after dark, made me feel uneasy. Several years later, I had a similar experience in DC, minus the roommate element. That was the last time I did an in-call with a new provider.

7 hours ago, tenderloin said:

"there's only one reason men like you come into my building, and he's on the 16th floor." 

lol - in my first NY apartment, there was a female provider on my floor.  EVERYBODY knew.  It wasn’t really discussed as she was discreet & a lovely person/neighbor.  She had small client list with the same guys coming & going at reasonable hours.   If it had been random/different people at all hours, I imagine that would have been a problem.

NY apartment dwellers and building staff know everything that goes on, especially on the same floor. There are no secrets & they all gossip. 

17 hours ago, wsc said:

Especially with a new hire, I always preferred to hire someone who hosted at his place. That way it was much easier for me to end the session and leave if I was dissatisfied.