ANNOYINGLY......

1 minute ago, CuriousByNature said:

I do not really enjoy my work... but at least I have a job that supports me, while many people do not.

I sometimes struggle with being 50 years old... but I know there are many people who don't live to see this age.

I see others who have much nicer clothes... but at least I've never had to go without shoes, pants or a warm winter coat.

I'd like to live in a nice house like other people I know...  but at least my modest apartment provides a safe, secure roof over my head, while many others face living in shelters, or on the streets.

I do not possess a face that makes hearts flutter... but I am blessed with eyes that work, ears that hear, a nose that can smell, and a tongue that can speak.

I often see people driving in cars worth more than $100K... but at least I have a vehicle that gets me safely from point A to point B, while many others must rely on public transit.

I don't have a body that would make anyone horny... but at least my body functions properly, while many people struggle to live with illnesses and disability.

I would love to eat lobster or filet mignon regularly... but at least I always get three square meals a day, while many others have to rely on food banks and soup kitchens.

There is always something we can be thankful for.  Always.

Whether you realize it or not, you've just described my definition of happiness and success. Well played sir. 

A while ago, I was checking out at a drugstore. I put my items on the shelf and said to the cashier, good afternoon, how are you? She stopped what  she was doing, looked me in the eye; and said thank you , you’re the first person who asked me how I was or said good afternoon today. I’m not posting this because I did what I did, I am posting it because it made someone feel better who is in a really menial, low paying job. It cost me nothing to be polite, and I think I made that cashier’s day a little more palatable.

4 minutes ago, BobPS said:

A while ago, I was checking out at a drugstore. I put my items on the shelf and said to the cashier, good afternoon, how are you? She stopped what  she was doing, looked me in the eye; and said thank you , you’re the first person who asked me how I was or said good afternoon today. I’m not posting this because I did what I did, I am posting it because it made someone feel better who is in a really menial, low paying job. It cost me nothing to be polite, and I think I made that cashier’s day a little more palatable.

My man, that's part of your appeal.... one of the many wonderful traits that I admire about you. 🙌🏽🫂

I always stop and take the time to talk to the janitors at my gym(s) sometimes people act as if they are invisible, but if I know they speak Spanish I speak to them in Spanish and they light up like a Christmas tree. I also acknowledge what they do and thank them. 
Years ago there was a fellow at the what was then a Gold's gym in Palm Springs. He was one of the janitors and he told me he got married and I congratulated him and the next time I saw him I gave him a $100 gift certificate for Lulu's so he could take his new bride to dinner on me. 

9 hours ago, Vin_Marco said:

I have to believe you're far more grateful for other things.... Sometimes we forget how fortuitous we are.

My hot water works, I have groceries to eat, I can still afford eggs, I have clean sheets on my bed, I have family and friends that love me, and I woke up today in my right mind. If that's not fortunate I don't know what is.

I think I am most grateful for the people who have showed up in my life at crucial times and pointed the way.  Because of them I have gone places I never would have imagined. 

1 minute ago, Rudynate said:

I think I am most grateful for the people who have showed up in my life at crucial times and pointed the way.  Because of them I have gone places I never would have imagined. 

I ❤️ that!!!!

I go to UCLA medical for some health issues. My first visit there was in January. I was very impressed with the physician I saw. After  our appointment,  he walked me back to the waiting room and he spoke to the janitor by name, saying good morning whatever his name was, which I don’t remember. What impressed me was this physician who is brilliant, has many, many recognitions, spoke to the janitor by name. In my not so humble opinion, that says a lot about this physician. 

Edited by BobPS

Just now, BobPS said:

I go to UCLA medical for some health issues. My first visit there was in January. I was very impressed with the physician I saw. After  our appointment,  he walked me back to the waiting room and he spoke to the janitor by name, saying good morning whatever his name was, which I don’t remember. What impressed me was this physician who is brilliant, has many, many recognitions, spoke to the janitor by name. In not  so humble opinion that says a lot about this physician. 

That's refreshing... I ask everyone's name... it's a way of expressing sincerity, wanting to know who you're actually speaking with. Not just a face or a job title but a human being with a name. 

6 minutes ago, Oliver said:

I hope you don't mind being called beautiful, because you are!😄

@OliverAre you kidding me? It fills  my heart with joy, especially coming from you! You know... I see somebody in Los Angeles that used to see a guy that would get very upset when he called him beautiful.... I guess it made him feel less than a man which I find outrageously ridiculous!  Thank you for saying what you said, and you know, like every year,  the minute I see you I'm gonna plant one on you right on the kisser ( historically it's been inside of Trio ) 

Edited by Vin_Marco

1 minute ago, Vin_Marco said:

Are you kidding me? It fills  my heart with joy, especially coming from you! You know... I see somebody in Los Angeles that used to see a guy that would get very upset when he called him beautiful.... I guess it made him feel less than a man which I find outrageously ridiculous!  Thank you for saying what you said, and you know, Like every year the minute I see you I'm gonna plant one on you right on the kisser ( historically it's been inside of Trio ) 

Oh please do!😊😘  And maybe the next day at a different venue, for you!😃

Just now, Oliver said:

Oh please do!😊😘  And maybe the next day at a different venue, for you!😃

I know I know... I'll be at all 3 "events" this year 😜

7 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

I know this probably seems weird, but instead of thinking "why is this happening to me?", I TRY to approach it as, "why not me?"  Why am I so special that I would expect this challenge to pass me by, when others have also had to deal with it?

It's actually not "weird" it's rational and commendable. 👏🏽🙌🏽 I can't be around the "I can't catch a break" folks. 

On 11/4/2023 at 7:39 PM, Vin_Marco said:

Cancellations drive me NUTS so how could I do the very thing I despise? 

Good point (I know, 2 weeks later but…) still.

I’ll also say: if people, clients and the world wants positivity from providers specifically: they have to be willing to give out that same energy. And I’ve been noticing not many been practicing and giving that courtesy. For example my latest semi-cancellation I guess you could say, was someone I haven’t heard from in over 3 years. Last message was September 2020 and I told him then how I felt about him and was thru:

CC58ED9B-E0A0-4CBB-9798-1152FEC4B18D.thumb.jpeg.a011b14e4bb581eb8e45bb5f727d22d9.jpeg

Fast toward to yesterday, dude reaches out like it never happened just saying it’s been awhile and he wants a massage (and don’t ask me why I didn’t block him, I believe I did but it seems like each time get a new iPhone: blocked numbers aren’t transferred sometimes). And I have so many blocked numbers as it is…

Well then he starts telling me about his dad who passed away, and then saying he has to make sure he’s going to have hotel to himself. Long story short, cancels the meet saying his sister is going to be staying with him:

150590FC-2C8B-484A-9E5E-C9981D1E16E7.thumb.jpeg.9ea2b8b78edd04c96215b75384c80dbf.jpeg

And people wonder why I talk about what I talk about. Sometimes I feel it’s a bit insensitive (not saying you) when I hear or read people trying to say we should all just keep a bubbly attitude and not post about anything unless it’s happy.

But it has to be recognized how hard that is to do sometimes, when it’s people like this who aren’t reliable and don’t keep their word. Then they come around years later, and when I open a chance: they only do it again. So I have to stay on top of things I need to do to protect myself from people like this, because they give me migraines and mood swings. They bring unnecessary drama to my space and have no intention of being dependable. 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut